Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm looking forward to this. Count me in as one of the fans of how LOST ended. I hope Lindeloff moves on from his "daddy issue" writing style (LOST and Prometheus).

Having read the first half of the book (it's meh and I think the show can and will out perform it), Eccelson as the priest is exactly who I saw him as (and is my favorite character so far), so I'm looking forward to his performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

romanowski posted:

was I not paying enough attention to the first episode or do we not know who liv tyler is and why she joined the white pants cult? I just remember her getting pissed off at them stalking her and then later in the episode she joins them. idk

She' was not happy in her relationship and according to her fiancé, has been delaying their marriage for over three years. So like any sane person left in the middle of the night and went right for option cult.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Mr. Boogie posted:

I'm really enjoying this show. I like the characters and am not nearly as frustrated by everything as you guys apparently are. My only complaint with this episode was that I don't really understand what's so bad about Wayne that the FBI would need to send in a drat SWAT team. All we were told is that he maybe fucks underage girls, but they responded as if they were going after Bin Ladin. I guess maybe we'll find out some more sinister stuff about him in the future? But it's hard for me to get into the drama of that shootout when I'm just sitting there confused about why it's happening.

Otherwise though I'm loving this and am very much looking forward to the next episode. Despite some minor issues I'm totally on board. But it's not really a show I can defend passionately because it's just a matter of if it didn't hook you, it didn't hook you.

FBI swat is standard procedure for cults. See Waco, Jonestown.... Heavily armed nut jobs with total devotion to someone who has created a cult of personality.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

I don't know what it is but this show has me hooked.

They mentioned The Wire. It was all they had to do.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

thathonkey posted:

teenage girls make very little sense...

It doesn't have to make sense. They're just being white privileged teenagers, skipping school, getting drunk and stalking odd local celebrities with no consequences.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dirk Pitt posted:

I think you a SJWing for no reason. The show has done a decent job showing that every person is impacted by the rapture and that things don't have the same impact they would've if the event hadn't happened. Now time to watch them deal with it.

I had to look up what SJW was... :wtc: No intent to make it about that. Should have just said they're presented as bored, immature, suburban teenagers who do stupid things without consequence.

As for them dealing with it, you're correct. As I mentioned they never would have followed that woman if not for who she was: an odd local celebrity who instead of being the old guy salt shoveler from Home Alone, about whom they make up stories, we get similar stories about a 40ish woman who offed her family.

LmaoTheKid posted:

"I should have never told you to watch The Wire"

:lol:

Definitely a great reference. When first I saw the cork boards, I thought Lester and Prez would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Eccleston's accent is horrible. Worse than Aiden Gilen in Game of Thrones

• Locked thread