Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Do you think the Toronto "We have a football team?" Argos could compete with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Ricky Ray is just gonna have to get a therapist.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

When asked if Dressler will play in the Labour Day Classic, Rider coach said "We'll see how long it takes for him to get back into the CFL shape, because at practice I've noticed he was quite winded"

Those fat lazy NFL teams are just Lucky they don't have to face the Riders

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Calgary's Signature Look uniform was unveiled today. It's probably the best one so far, in that it actually looks like a football uniform and not like a Fabricland exploded.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
The Calgary uniform reminds me of the XFL. I think the revolvers on the gloves are the stupidest thing, but it is clearly better than the Winnipeg Argonaut uniform.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

So the Stamps and the Ti-Cats both think the city name down the leg is a good idea.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=461271

Durant out for the short-term, looks like Saskatchewan will not be seeing playoff football in my eyes.

Haha yeah right, Sunseri is probably gonna do well, with I assume are not panicky plays.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Between the general shittiness of the East, Lulay getting injured again, the Riders current record, the Blue Bombers freefall, the number of quality running backs and receivers on the Riders, and the fact their next two games are against Eastern teams, I think Saskatchewan should have at least a crossover playoff spot sewn up even if Durant is out for the year. I'm not saying it'll be pretty but I don't think they'll gently caress this up. Oh God they're going to gently caress this up aren't they?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:rip: Durant, out for the season

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Ha ha gently caress you Winnipeg. I hope the Jets move to Jacksonville.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Hello I live in Ottawa and attend Redblacks games. Henry Burris sucks bad and has zero accuracy out of the pocket. RIP Rough Riders.

I had free tickets to the game last week and I thank god I didn't go.

aehiilrs
Apr 1, 2007

Chicken posted:

Between the general shittiness of the East, Lulay getting injured again, the Riders current record, the Blue Bombers freefall, the number of quality running backs and receivers on the Riders, and the fact their next two games are against Eastern teams, I think Saskatchewan should have at least a crossover playoff spot sewn up even if Durant is out for the year. I'm not saying it'll be pretty but I don't think they'll gently caress this up. Oh God they're going to gently caress this up aren't they?

This would be great, a crossover into the east is basically a bye right into the grey cup.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
I don't see how bringing back an old broken Kerry Joseph is better than just starting one of the three guys on the team :effort:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

What in the hell is Saskatchewan doing?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's panic time in Rider Nation!

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

All you Joseph haters can kiss the rings. Riders gonna ride that magnificent bastard to a crossover spot and Durant will come back and win the Grey Cup and it's going to be real good.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Looks like we're not going to end the year with the worst West team having a better record than the best East team. drat it, Winnipeg :argh:

Calgary's already clinched first overall, pretty sure Edmonton clinches second with either a win or Saskatchewan not winning out (and they play Calgary next sooo)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
CFL shcedule on its last weekend of the regular season

WEST
Calgary locked into 1st, first round bye
Edmonton locked in 2nd, will host BC or Sask
BC winning the tiebreaker over Sask for 3rd
Sask in crossover spot

relevant results next week:
BC beats Calgary or Edmonton beats Sask: BC cinches 3rd, Sask will crossover
Calgary beats BC and Sask beats Edmonton: Sask takes 3rd and BC crosses over

Given that Edmonton just beat BC 37-3 and haven't lost to the Riders yet, might be in both teams best interest to lose and crossover

EAST
Montreal in 1st, will finish no lower than 2nd
Hamilton in 2nd, could finish 1st to 3rd
Toronto in 3rd, could finish 2nd or 3rd

Ottawa beats Toronto: Toronto out, Montreal/Hamilton decides 1st/2nd place
Toronto beats Ottawa: Finishes 3rd if Hamilton beats Montreal, 2nd if Montreal beats Hamilton

I think?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
So who is going to be the Eastern conference champion? BC or Saskatchewan?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Durants apparently back to practicing but if I were the Riders I'd be resting Durant next week, not trying too hard to win against the Eskimos, keeping the crossover spot, and taking my chances out East with Durant healthy. Dealing with Montreal and either Hamilton or Toronto is practically a bye compared to having to beat both Edmonton and Calgary just to get to the final.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

I think Durant will see some game time, maybe a half or so. I'm sure everybody will be talking about how important it is to "have some momentum going into the playoffs" or whatever, but we could see some pretty impressive tanking by BC and Saskatchewan.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Kerry Joseph is starting on Sunday.

Sorry about your free win, Edmonton.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The regular season is over :colbert: Kerry Joseph is Mr November

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Forecast for tomorrow:

Montreal: +3, chance of snow, 14km/h wind
Edmonton: -8, clear, 11km/h wind

A good day for playoff football

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Grey Cup thread going up in SAS, folks

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Link to thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684962

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
RIP Fred Stamps, traded to Montreal. 2014 Stamps will not be missed, but every other year he owned.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Hail Bowman

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I've never seen a CFL game in my life and yet I'm pretty sure I just became an Argonauts fan. Some MRA dude complained to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal about their support of the White Ribbon Campaign

quote:

According to Heath, when he attempted to explain his grievance in a phone call, Argos president Chris Rudge hung up on him.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Riders give a four year extension

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
2015 schedule is out

greengold bye weeks of 2 and 20. 17 games in a row :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

fits posted:

2015 schedule is out

greengold bye weeks of 2 and 20. 17 games in a row :stare:

For I think the entire time between the U-S expansion and the Renegades, teams didn't have a by week at all.

Two preseason games, followed immediately by 18 in the regular season, then semis, finals and the Grey Cup. One team could play 23 weeks in a row.

• Locked thread