Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Corey Plumper posted:

I use it as a sleep aid lol

ha haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
While I'm at work, I listen to Startalk Radio because of Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Planetary Radio because of The Planetary Society and Bill Nye.
I am also a gigantic nerd.

Also, Welcome to Night Vale.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
last podcast on the left, best podcast haul satan

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
podcaste

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Titty Warlord posted:

david wong is a insane bitch baby

You are of course free to have your opinion but can I ask what he does/did to make you feel this way? He isn't as consistently funny as Swaim or DoB but I do find him to bring up some good points from time to time, and I enjoy his memory of the 80's as he is a good 10 years older than most of the Cracked crew.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i agree, lets get rid of podcasts

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

You are of course free to have your opinion but can I ask what he does/did to make you feel this way? He isn't as consistently funny as Swaim or DoB but I do find him to bring up some good points from time to time, and I enjoy his memory of the 80's as he is a good 10 years older than most of the Cracked crew.

goldberger or whatever his name is is the best because all of his articles are humourless public service poo poo about how to be an adult

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
improv4humans
check out the recent portapotty sushi episode

facebook jihad posted:

topics is pretty funny

that is a poor man's hollywood handbook

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

un itouchables

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Charles Bukowski posted:

I enjoy his memory of the 80's as he is a good 10 years older than most of the Cracked crew.

agreed

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
yeast radio is my fav podcast

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
some podcasts are good. others are bad. it's like literally every form of entertainment out there.

and yeah there are some pretty lovely podcasts out there.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Bobby Brown posted:

last podcast on the left, best podcast haul satan

gently caress yes.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I use Tune In on Android and I just searched for History of Rome and I don't see it. Whats the exact title?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i like dan carlin cause he is such a loving lame goof

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
I like that one where they make fun of dumb poo poo they find on internet forums, but it's got a stupid name I can't ever remember so I don't listen to it often.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

OK I found it but now I can't the listing for the podcast as a whole, just individual episodes. I had the same issue with everyone's favorite buff DMT enthusiast Joe Brogan

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone know of a podcast where mediocre comedians discuss being comedians?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is there an episode of Welcome to Nightvale that actually sounds like a plausible radio broadcast, or are they all just Tales from Lake Woebegone with a spooky cat thrown in for good measure?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

you have just succinctly described wtf with marc maron

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

wtf, nerdist

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Matt Besser's podcast would be pretty good if you could remove all the parts with Matt Besser.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Frackie Robinson posted:

Matt Besser's podcast would be pretty good if you could remove all the parts with Matt Besser.

matt besser getting angry at things is pretty funny. really improv4humans just has too many music episodes

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
gently caress the Crab Feast! ...5 stars

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Yomofo posted:

gently caress the Crab Feast! ...5 stars

this is a really good podcast the episodes w/daryl wright are the best ones. daryl wright sounds just like me irl its p cray

i care deeply about podcasts bc i have a 1hr commute lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

baw posted:

there is also history of byzantium by some other guy and he picks up where mike left off but i havent listened to it

the crusades one is great tho and the creator is from tazmania

the byzantium one is great if its the one im thinking of about 12 emperors

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

THS posted:

wtf is Marc Maron picking the psychological scabs of famous comedians and it's great.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah sometimes its ok. theres no way to not love the carlos mencia and gallagher eps. he was way too nice to carrot top tho

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
poo poo I haven't heard any of those. Thank you, painting my living room will go by much faster tomorrow

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i like podcasts a lot

the thought that someone could hate podcasts -- like the concept of podcasts and not just individual podcasts -- makes me kind of angry. why? you don't like free entertainment? you like driving for loving hours staring at the road in silence? are you a robot? are you autistic? I WILL FIGHT YOU IRL OP

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

OP I DEMAND YOU EXPLAIN YOUR STUPIDITY ARRRRRRRGHGHHGHGHGHGHHG

LuisN
Sep 10, 2011
Can we post podcasts we listen to here? I use the PocketCasts app and Answer Me This is top notch. It's three Brits who answer inane questions, the podcast never misses a beat and the comedy is almost non-stop, it's very well scripted and performed very well.

The Bald Move network has a bunch of podcasts if you're into podcasts that talk about TV, the MadMen and Game of Thrones ones are pretty good. They gather a bunch of reddit comments and professional critique to provide insight and it's funny sometimes.

Finally my guilty pleasure is the Totally Laime and its spinoffs. It's basically a woman speaking to relatively small-time comedians and actresses. It varies from show to show but it's generally fun to listen to.

Also can we talk about how bad podcasts covers look? So hard to shift through the poo poo.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
marc maron is what u get when u put all the personality flaws of a goon inside of an attractive person

everything he says just exudes petty jdgmental stubborn miserable grossness. i used to like his show a lot but if u listen to it long enough it gets really sad and draining to listen to

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Bobby Brown posted:

marc maron is what u get when u put all the personality flaws of a goon inside of an attractive person

everything he says just exudes petty jdgmental stubborn miserable grossness. i used to like his show a lot but if u listen to it long enough it gets really sad and draining to listen to

its pathetic because hes aware of this himself and every woman he dates leaves due to the oppressive atmosphere

the guy is now a famous comedian with money and cant keep a lady for more than a few months

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bobby Brown posted:

one of the head writers for Maron's tv show is one of the two hosts of Walking the Room, which is probably the best "comedians talking about being a comedian" podcasts out there because it's just two guys who kind of hate each other bickering back and forth and they almost never have guests or do interviews (i hate guests and interviews)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

doug stanhope is funny as poo poo but mostly in an abyssal horror sort of way. his last podcast is with someone dying of brain cancer and he calls it comedy hospice

• Locked thread