Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Paineopticon posted:

I know it's Alpha, and that is a good excuse for the game currently looking lackluster, but this is an incredible stretch. Even if it was a conscious design decision (it wasn't), it still does not save it from being a lovely design.

I want this to be a good game but I don't know how anyone can expect it to be. I'm keeping an eye on it and hoping it delivers because I loved Space Marine and I love the fluff. But this is a developer without a pedigree in this field and it's still only in Alpha. I don't want to be irredeemably negative but I guess I don't know why people are already trying to explain away flaws?

I don't get this comment it looks like it's coming along fine. Also this is not Alpha this is pre Alpha.

It looks fairly fun already. Everything needs improvement of course. But that's kind of obvious given that it is not even close to being done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
So much heresy in this thread.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Paineopticon posted:

I know it's Alpha, and that is a good excuse for the game currently looking lackluster, but this is an incredible stretch. Even if it was a conscious design decision (it wasn't), it still does not save it from being a lovely design.

I want this to be a good game but I don't know how anyone can expect it to be. I'm keeping an eye on it and hoping it delivers because I loved Space Marine and I love the fluff. But this is a developer without a pedigree in this field and it's still only in Alpha. I don't want to be irredeemably negative but I guess I don't know why people are already trying to explain away flaws?

It must be a bitch to have no sense of humor.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

I used the last referral code on the thread so here's mine.

EC-TMPEQHCOWEZSG

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Paineopticon posted:

There is no possible way that this game will not be a giant pile of poo poo. Have fun with it anyway.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
The only correct way to play this thing is gonna be an Ork Choppa boy tear-assing around the planet in a trukk because it a) is free, and b) owns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do think if there is a goon presence we should think about being Orks (I know there will be groups on each faction already) just so people can join us and not have to pay if they don't want to

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the FLJK goons were talking about going Ork. I'm going Night Lords, bitches.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What is fljk

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Eonwe posted:

What is fljk

This

Also orkz for lyfe

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

What is fljk

Those :spergin: of us who are going to roll in Star Citizen when it releases in 2077.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fleet like jeff k I'm guessing

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Skoll posted:

Those :spergin: of us who are going to roll in Star Citizen when it releases in 2077.

The optimistic type I see.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Infeckt posted:

The optimistic type I see.

I think he's looking at the predicted date for CR to kick his cocaine habit. The release will be a few years after that.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Paineopticon posted:

You don't last long in the universe of 40k videogames if you don't explain away the flaws. Yes there have been some good ones, but there have also been some very bad/buggy ones.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Zaodai posted:

It must be a bitch to have no sense of humor.

Oh you guys are just stupid, makes sense now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'd encourage this slapfight if it were funny but this one isnt so nobody cares
hth

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Eonwe posted:

What is fljk

Also was the Mechwarrior group when I played initially.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Stanyer89 posted:

Also was the Mechwarrior group when I played initially.

We really should see if we can get a Blood Angels chapter renamed the Guardians of the SQUAWK. Just so we can twist off a whole new genre of gamers who want to roleplay as Primarch Kerensky.

On a more srs note, this game's going to be a huge flaming wreck. Netcode can only hold about 5 to 10 on the map before the whole game engine implodes. It's basically a carbon copy of the WH: Space Marine multiplayer, with maps not really that much bigger. Promises to be Planetside 2, with space dungeons and a full eve like economy. Will be nothing like that.

Good news is the community manager, who is friends with a few guys in Bell media just got a new M3, so the cash flow must be great.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 27, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hal_2005 posted:

On a more srs note, this game's going to be a huge flaming wreck. Netcode can only hold about 5 to 10 on the map before the whole game engine implodes. It's basically a carbon copy of the WH: Space Marine multiplayer, with maps not really that much bigger. Promises to be Planetside 2, with space dungeons and a full eve like economy. Will be nothing like that.

You know this how. They said they took the system (What it was called I don't remember) that had allowed the most players in one area in a game.

Also just from the previews we have gotten the maps are much bigger then Space Marines. Seriously it just sounds like you are just making assumptions.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

You know this how. They said they took the system (What it was called I don't remember) that had allowed the most players in one area in a game.

Also just from the previews we have gotten the maps are much bigger then Space Marines. Seriously it just sounds like you are just making assumptions.

You sound (note, sound, not are) a smart goon. So look at my post history, and then use that clever aspie brain of yours to figure out how I know, what I know. It involves something whimsical called a Term Sheet and a kinko's NDA. Go google that, as you may learn alot more than posting snarky follow ups' to this post. Which I won't respond to anymore.

They have 2 maps, the only one which is stable enough to have more than 7 Players on it is the box canyon as of November. They recently did a total engine overhaul which pushed the open-Alpha back to March/April 2015, and the open beta to sometime in 2016. Assuming they don't run out of cash sometime in 2015. Which is likely given how high the burnrate is on this game.Their existing server-side suffers from calculation overflow, much like early EvE (around Red Moon Rising) which, given that every shot is fully mapped and calculated on the server, leads to massive bloat then 500+ calls are made for each bullet to hit a hitbox.

Nothing I said should be shocking, but at this stage unless you have 200 bux to burn in your pocket, this game reeks of another PGI. On that note, I was bang on about PGI and Chris Roberts by the way, so I'm going to go 3 for 3 that this game will be a blackhole by 2017.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 29, 2014

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hal_2005 posted:

You sound (note, sound, not are) a smart goon. So look at my post history, and then use that clever aspie brain of yours to figure out how I know, what I know. It involves something whimsical called a Term Sheet and a kinko's NDA. Go google that, as you may learn alot more than posting snarky follow ups' to this post. Which I won't respond to anymore.

They have 2 maps, the only one which is stable enough to have more than 7 Players on it is the box canyon as of November. They recently did a total engine overhaul which pushed the open-Alpha back to March/April 2015, and the open beta to sometime in 2016. Assuming they don't run out of cash sometime in 2015. Which is likely given how high the burnrate is on this game.Their existing server-side suffers from calculation overflow, much like early EvE (around Red Moon Rising) which, given that every shot is fully mapped and calculated on the server, leads to massive bloat then 500+ calls are made for each bullet to hit a hitbox.

Nothing I said should be shocking, but at this stage unless you have 200 bux to burn in your pocket, this game reeks of another PGI. On that note, I was bang on about PGI and Chris Roberts by the way, so I'm going to go 3 for 3 that this game will be a blackhole by 2017.

lol you got served

but for real that dude is probably spot on as much as i want this game to work out. fuckin reskin xcom and sell a million copies or install custom planetside skins idgaf i just want to play a MMOFPS in WH40k universe.

Reskin day of defeat with imperial guardsman its not hard

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

The imperium is based on poorly-understood and broken technology so it sounds like the dev team is doing a great job of capturing that

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Look. All I want to do is dress up as an imperial commissar and execute my teammates to give the survivors of my rampage loyal soldiers of the emperor a stat buff.

If this game eventually lets me roll around the battlefield executing snipers and dumbass pubbies that do gently caress all for the team it'll be great.

gently caress, just have the commissar be part of the paid sub class for the Imperial Guard and make your average guardsman the equivalent of a freebie Ork. Barring a plot device they're about as well equipped and trained usually anyways.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Dec 29, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hal_2005 posted:

I was not trying to post snarky fallow ups. I honestly wanted to know how you knew that stuff. Also not a premium member so I can't check your post history if I wanted to.

From what I can tell of your rather insulting post you played the game or worked on the game.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 29, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hal_2005 posted:

1. thank you for saving me from buying this
2. you dont need to be this much of a snide dickhead, nobody likes people like this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i do

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
im a big fan of snide dickheads in fact

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hal_2005 posted:

This sort of reminds me of what happened with the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. There were screenshots, working engine, etc, then poof. Vanished.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kimsemus posted:

This sort of reminds me of what happened with the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. There were screenshots, working engine, etc, then poof. Vanished.

You mean the last MMO being made. That had a pretty good reason for vanishing. The company that was making it went bankrupt.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 12, 2015

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Looks like they're going to be doing a stream of this in about 20 minutes or so on Twitch. I'll be at work so I won't get to see it, but maybe one of you guys would be interested in checking it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Zaodai posted:

Looks like they're going to be doing a stream of this in about 20 minutes or so on Twitch. I'll be at work so I won't get to see it, but maybe one of you guys would be interested in checking it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade

http://www.twitch.tv/40kcrusade/b/618135310

Guess this was it?
50 mins of stream starting soon message, 30 mins of three people staring off in the distance with slowly dawning horror and talking about absolutely nothing.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So how'd the game look

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

So how'd the game look

what the gently caress is with your title

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Eonwe posted:

what the gently caress is with your title

Tff is full of children n sjws with delicate sensibilities

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I can see that, I wish we could know who bought who an av because the person who bought you yours is legitimately creepy and gross

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Waroduce posted:

So how'd the game look

?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I watched for a bit and all I saw was them introducing some new member of their team. After awhile I got bored and remembered I was supposed to be working.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

robziel posted:

I watched for a bit and all I saw was them introducing some new member of their team. After awhile I got bored and remembered I was supposed to be working.

Glad I was working, I guess. I set my expectations pretty low and they managed to miss even that bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't that just space marine's multiplayer on an uglier map?

• Locked thread