Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Frustrated posted:

Wasn't this game already made 3 years ago? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMuxtDM0Qtw It's literally exactly the same thing down to the targeting when you're in the air.

Yeah but it's an ~*MMO*~ (Sub 20 player instanced multiplayer TPS with progression mechanics and microtransactions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

4,000 space bucks

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a referral chain in PGS?

Here's mine, enjoy your spacebux: EC-RSZMJ1NOK7SFP

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

Planetside 2 can barely handle a few hundred people in the same area without people starting to phase in and out of existance and lagging around and that's with a studio who had previous massive multiplayer experience

The only hope I have for actual massive multiplayer online games was seeing 500 players fighting each other at once in Elder Scrolls Online with minimal lag. 1000s of people is extremely optimistic and won't happen but it would be nice to get Planetside sized fights in the 40k universe. I'm still not quite sure what kind of idiot wouldn't just clone Planetside in the 40K universe and print money. Then again ~*my vision*~.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The marketing and monetization is all anyone needs to know when deciding if this game is in the hands of people who are actually looking to make a good game instead of pleasing investors.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Flavahbeast posted:

Planetside 2 was pretty good I thought :shobon:

PS2 was also made by a company who has successfully developed and ran several other massive online games, not a bunch of neckbeards who like warhams and made such titles as Doritos Crash Course, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Phineas and Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff, and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. There's no loving way they're not in way too deep on this project. MMOs are the most technically and managerially complex games and we've seen time and time again companies tend to strike out during their first at bat.

Eternal Crusade is the Wildstar of online shooters.

quote:

By 2010, the studio's name was reverted back to Behaviour Interactive, partly due to increased production of original titles and thus stronger presence in the gaming community, partly due to the availability of the original name, and partly due to the obscene meaning of the word "A2M"

:laffo:

Infeckt posted:

They also need to make capturing a fortress meaningful.

People log on MOBAs all day long without having any meaning to the matches I'm guessing most customers don't care about meaning as long as the game is actually fun.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
im a big fan of snide dickheads in fact

• Locked thread