Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
As long as the pacing is more akin to Planetside 2 and less Unreal Tournament 2004 I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I want to believe in this game and I want it to be good. So long as it's not instanced heavily, it probably should be. Massive battles would be amazing.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If you make the gameplay of capturing forts compelling enough on it's own, people will do it. Planetside 1 was a good example, utterly pointless capturing bases (beyond a massive XP tick for doing so), but the battle itself, and having a base closer to more easily push the next base, was enough. And if you took all the bases in the area the continent turned to your color and the enemy got locked out of it for awhile. That was pretty cool too, I guess.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Hal_2005 posted:

You sound (note, sound, not are) a smart goon. So look at my post history, and then use that clever aspie brain of yours to figure out how I know, what I know. It involves something whimsical called a Term Sheet and a kinko's NDA. Go google that, as you may learn alot more than posting snarky follow ups' to this post. Which I won't respond to anymore.

They have 2 maps, the only one which is stable enough to have more than 7 Players on it is the box canyon as of November. They recently did a total engine overhaul which pushed the open-Alpha back to March/April 2015, and the open beta to sometime in 2016. Assuming they don't run out of cash sometime in 2015. Which is likely given how high the burnrate is on this game.Their existing server-side suffers from calculation overflow, much like early EvE (around Red Moon Rising) which, given that every shot is fully mapped and calculated on the server, leads to massive bloat then 500+ calls are made for each bullet to hit a hitbox.

Nothing I said should be shocking, but at this stage unless you have 200 bux to burn in your pocket, this game reeks of another PGI. On that note, I was bang on about PGI and Chris Roberts by the way, so I'm going to go 3 for 3 that this game will be a blackhole by 2017.

This sort of reminds me of what happened with the Warhammer 40,000 MMO. There were screenshots, working engine, etc, then poof. Vanished.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Declare the game Exterminatus, it is too far gone to save now.

• Locked thread