Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

EC-8KM5VVQLURBAV

Glad to see I'm not the only one here who likes to impulsively burn money throw money at promises and dreams. Just kicked the Star Citizen habit too.

Seriously though, someone needs to jump on this new business model trend and start a nonprofit akin to AA for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Lemon King posted:

Its a gun plus 35 bucks in Emperor Points.

True, but the 35bux only "unlocks" the gun and the points are given allowing you to equip it.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Is a yell button confirmed yet? This is the most important aspect of the game for me.

Even if there is, I'm sure you won't hear it with the countless sperglords screaming out orders through the built in voice comms.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

I want to believe in this game and I want it to be good. So long as it's not instanced heavily, it probably should be. Massive battles would be amazing.

They also need to make capturing a fortress meaningful.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Extra posted:

People log on MOBAs all day long without having any meaning to the matches I'm guessing most customers don't care about meaning as long as the game is actually fun.

Yes the game being fun is obviously the first and foremost priority, kinda goes without saying. What I meant was don't expect Space Marine Chapter LoLGetRekt to care about seizing Goon Fortress and sparking a massive battle without a compelling enough reason. Claiming territory and massive battles being two of the main selling points of the game.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

Like what, am I going to build my space marine tower here? Or my ork fort? What is meaning of meaningful? More like eve online maybe?

From my understanding we wont have the ability to build or place our own tree forts, only capture/control ones constructed by the devs. Meaningful as in some type of bonus for the faction/chapter/whatever that controls the fortress. Or, only that faction gains access to certain PvE instances that are within a fixed distance from said fortress. Pretty much anything other than "We need to go capture that stronghold because we are Space Marines and gently caress Orks".

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Waroduce posted:

So if I go buy a founders pack when can I play this

How far are they from a beta

Q1 2015 is the "projected" release for the first playable module. Which of course translates to Q3 2015.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Apparently there is an announcement coming Dec 19.

also I'm going to be in at the captain tier because im an idiot

That makes two of us.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

It will be interesting to see how much of a population swing there will be when F2P players decide to drop money on the game. How many will stick with the Orks vs. switching to one of the restricted races?

And, have they announced any sort of penalty for switching races yet? The map will be hosed if all the pubbies can convert to the "winning" race.

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Those bullet trails... :frogout:

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Skoll posted:

Those :spergin: of us who are going to roll in Star Citizen when it releases in 2077.

The optimistic type I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Wait, is this game still a thing? Last I looked it was supposed to be an open world mmo with quests and poo poo.

Infeckt fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 16, 2015

• Locked thread