Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

psyopmonkey posted:

If you make noises at the Gym, talk loudly, play your music so loud out of your headphones I can hear it from across the room, make gross snorting hacking noises, or are generally loving stupid.

:getout: of the gym.

There was a dude at my gym last month who was wearing his headphones on his gym shorts string. Just blasting music like he had a loving boombox belt buckle. That man knew he was a tool and embraced it with all his heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

psyopmonkey posted:

If you make noises at the Gym, talk loudly, play your music so loud out of your headphones I can hear it from across the room, make gross snorting hacking noises, or are generally loving stupid.

I'm not talking about any of that other poo poo or going AAAAARRRGHGHHHHH!!!!! ROARQ!!!!! etc. But when you're putting up a lot of a weight a little noise is normal. It helps you breathe and to remember to breathe. It shouldn't be anything that people are hearing across the gym.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

So I've been strength training my cat.

I started mixing extra whey into its food, small amounts at first, just to get it used to the taste, and slightly more every meal. Right now, it's eating about 4 meals of 50% meat and 50% whey powder a day, about 50g protein total, which, for a 5kg cat is the equivalent to a human eating about 750g of protein a day.

The last 3 months I got it started on creatine, which is hasn't seemed to notice. 2-3g per day, sprinkled on top of its food.

My cat had this knitted sweater thing (I live in a cold climate, so cats often wear these things outside), which I attached small weights to. Mainly fishing sinkers. I attached them one by one, so that it wouldn't notice the additional weight. By now, my cat is wearing this 2.5kg knitted sweater around outside, climbing trees, running around, normal cat stuff.

I also feed it Vitamin D, fish oil and a multivitamin, crushed up into its water bowl.

In addition to the weighted vest training, I've started my cat on climbing this large tree in my back yard (3 sets of 5 climbs up and down, enticing it with food), and I managed to figure out a way to make it do a sort of crude bench press by turning it upside down and pushing down on its paws (3 sets of 8-10).

Cat has made decent gains so far, forelimbs are noticeably bigger, and chest has increased in size markedly so. A little extra fat (probably around 15% atm) but I plan on putting it on an EC stack and maybe Yohimbine HCL.

I hear with Yohimbine you can get your cat to gently caress you or something! So keep us posted

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

insaneway posted:

i'm sorry planet fitness but are you a gym or a social club for fatties that want to look like they're working out

There's a planet fitness first floor of my office building. it appears to be pretty normal healthy looking guys and girls actually exercising. but then again this is SF where fatties are fairly rare so I can't speak for all of them. I would sign up 'cause it's retardedly cheap, but there isn't one near my house so I'm stuck paying ~$60 a month for Anytime Fitness but it's chill, pretty empty except the ellipticals, so the squat racks and weights are always free.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

source your quotes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

insaneway posted:

i'm sorry planet fitness but are you a gym or a social club for fatties that want to look like they're working out

they have a big alarm that sets off if someone gets too in to their workout which sounds kind of dumb because if someone's being an rear end in a top hat having an employee politely ask you to shut the gently caress up sounds like it would get a more reasonable reaction than making people think the blitzkreig is 5 mins away

like even if someone's being a douche setting off a loving sirens and lights sounds like a good way to have someone kill themselves because they jumped in surprise while doing squats or bench presses

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 27, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ramsus posted:

I'm not talking about any of that other poo poo or going AAAAARRRGHGHHHHH!!!!! ROARQ!!!!! etc. But when you're putting up a lot of a weight a little noise is normal. It helps you breathe and to remember to breathe. It shouldn't be anything that people are hearing across the gym.

A little noise is fine. Douchebag retard, over testerosteroned, male pattern baldness, fucksticks, who cant get tone and SCREAM in the gym need to die in a pit.

Ive seen idiots doing 50lbs on each side and making monster noises.

Worthless tards. Im so glad I dont go to the gym anymore.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

I started mixing extra whey into its food, small amounts at first, just to get it used to the taste, and slightly more every meal. Right now, it's eating about 4 meals of 50% meat and 50% whey powder a day, about 50g protein total, which, for a 5kg cat is the equivalent to a human eating about 750g of protein a day.

The last 3 months I got it started on creatine, which is hasn't seemed to notice. 2-3g per day, sprinkled on top of its food.

My cat had this knitted sweater thing (I live in a cold climate, so cats often wear these things outside), which I attached small weights to. Mainly fishing sinkers. I attached them one by one, so that it wouldn't notice the additional weight. By now, my cat is wearing this 2.5kg knitted sweater around outside, climbing trees, running around, normal cat stuff.

I also feed it Vitamin D, fish oil and a multivitamin, crushed up into its water bowl.

In addition to the weighted vest training, I've started my cat on climbing this large tree in my back yard (3 sets of 5 climbs up and down, enticing it with food), and I managed to figure out a way to make it do a sort of crude bench press by turning it upside down and pushing down on its paws (3 sets of 8-10).

Cat has made decent gains so far, forelimbs are noticeably bigger, and chest has increased in size markedly so. A little extra fat (probably around 15% atm) but I plan on putting it on an EC stack and maybe Yohimbine HCL.

What's the right injection site for a cat is it still in the rear end or do you have to be more creative

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hit the lunk alarm, i dropped my schlong on the last tug

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I want this to be real

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Pft,

What kind of human being stops lifting before he simply can't hold onto the weights anymore?

Train till failure soft cock.

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

Rename your cat piccolo

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Repost this in PI.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Disco Infiva posted:

Repost this in PI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
If you slam weights down, some gyms ask you to leave, or straight up tell you you are lifting too much weight.

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPfbXMW1vGQ&t=115s

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

Disco Infiva posted:

Repost this in PI.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
they were pretty cool with my training program and even gave me advice

Thats actually not far off from what I was thinking. My end goal is for him to drag/reel in his own marlin with this set up I've made for him. Sink or swim but he isn't ready yet.

Pretty sure my cat is a homo because he just stares at my D whether I'm showering or pissing. What are the usual ways to cure cat gayness? Or should I just let it ride?

I don't want that to happen. I'll just make him do an extra benchpress set to distract him

PI is good people. Theres even a guy who named his cat Ozma and then complains about it eating too much then pissing and making GBS threads everywhere.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

PI is good people. Theres even a guy who named his cat Ozma and then complains about it eating too much then pissing and making GBS threads everywhere.

lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There's this one guy in the gym. He's pretty young, maybe not even in his 20's yet and the guy just leaves stuff all over the place. He can occupy the squat rack and then go to another station and stay there for like 20minutes with his crap still all over the squat rack and stuff

but the worst part is that he smells really bad of armpit sweat. Whenever you go near him it's like walking into a cloud of stink

Don't be this guy, guys.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SniperWoreConverse posted:

woah I thought you got permabanned

but yes it proves you can control your body like a human being and complete a set

what if i'm ripped as gently caress and decide to cap off a set by dropping some weights? you wouldn't do poo poo

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Pft,

What kind of human being stops lifting before he simply can't hold onto the weights anymore?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

There's this one guy in the gym. He's pretty young, maybe not even in his 20's yet and the guy just leaves stuff all over the place. He can occupy the squat rack and then go to another station and stay there for like 20minutes with his crap still all over the squat rack and stuff

but the worst part is that he smells really bad of armpit sweat. Whenever you go near him it's like walking into a cloud of stink

Don't be this guy, guys.

Sounds like you want his dick

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Everyday Lurker posted:

what if i'm ripped as gently caress and decide to cap off a set by dropping some weights? you wouldn't do poo poo

i will loving kill u bitch i'll loving flense those rippling muscles off your body

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Pft,

your failure rep doesnt count and most people can tell when theyre gonna fail out if they have any resistance training

get swole skinny

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Yesterday this one dude kept making noises like he was getting unexpectedly pegged

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
the only thing i drop at the end of sets is knowledge

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Skeleton King posted:

your failure rep doesnt count and most people can tell when theyre gonna fail out if they have any resistance training

get swole skinny

Pft "not gonna do a rep cause I don't think I can complete it"

Go back to planet fitness.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Rusty Staub posted:

Yesterday this one dude kept making noises like he was getting unexpectedly pegged

I'm am now looking forward to imagining this next time I'm at the gym.

Bastard.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
One time I dropped one of my dumbbells on the way out of the squat rack and it bounced this way and that on the rubber mat. I heard some people talking poo poo so after I put the Weights away I puffed my chest out and started yelling "get some" Somehow a piece if fluff got in my throat and it was so irritating my left eye started watering. So I was more like coughing "get some" with tears on my face. Finally I had to go get a drink if water and I figured everyone thought I meant get some water so my attempt to fight everyone at the gym failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
there's a gym that goes to my gym who I like to watch. he never stays more than about 20 minutes. he spends about 50% of his time there looking in the mirror and flexing, he wears those stupid trainers with individual toes but he looks like he never runs and he looks like he never lifts either. he's not fat but he's a little tubby. he does a seemingly random select of lifts quickly, with a light weight and terrible form. then he leaves looking pleased with himself. he's my favourite one.

• Locked thread