Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'll commit to season three of acclaimed television sitcom Last Man Standing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

You're already committed, go back to your thread.

jokes.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Season four is a mess and ends on a cliffhanger which is completely utterly pissed away in the abomination of a season that is the fifth season, which includes the shittiest possible resolution to the cliffhanger and the most ludicrously dumb plotline in TWW history

Season five is straight garbage, don't watch season five

Also I should probably be done with season 3 of LMS by the end of this three day weekend, the show is as predicted not too great!

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 2, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh man I forgot how a baby boomer wrote another baby boomer to literally say that Millenials are the worst. generation. ever.

Also remember how in season one of the newsroom there was that trolling side plot that involved getting permission to make fun of Olivia munns body to get into a secret troll enclave, that had levels of trolling like they were fuckin Freemasons or some poo poo

Christ that show was fuckin garbage

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I finished my toxx.

Hooooooooooooray

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Reminder to all of you chumps that in the intervening time of making my "Toxx" I watched season 3 of LMS, a quarter of a season of LMS, and a full season of Doctor Who whilst writing 2k+ word reviews of each episode

So yeah, no excuses for you lamers who haven't finished their toxxes

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

For the record Jason katims has been explicitly on record that he made his decisions for season 2 without network interference or influence, and the executive shuffle was essentially an unlucky coincidence

Greenblatt explicitly thought FNL was worthless and wanted nothing to do with it but he didn't influence fnls crwative direction at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

Robert Greenblatt wasn't working for NBC at the time, it was Ben Silverman. And while there was no explicit network interference, the oral history Grantland ran claims that the writers felt pressure to do SOMETHING to shake things up.

The words out of Jason katims mouth, the ones transcribed by alan sepinwall noted explicitly say-as in he makes specific reference -that he received none,zero influence from NBC executives to change his show

That was literally the entire point, the new leadership after Reilly left had at best an apathetic relationship with the shows he developed

They just didn't loving care enough to try and change it, they'd rather it failed

• Locked thread