Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

Well, first episode back on Shameless and a naked old guy got shanked in a prison due to a hilarious misunderstanding. Why did I ever stop watching this show again?

A toxx to watch the US version of the show would be far more entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bown posted:

That is the one I'm watching! The original sucks.

D'oh, you're right, I meant the UK version. Jesus that is a Bad Show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'll watch Orange is the New Black season 2 because I really hated season 1 and I want to be able to continue to speak with authority when I tell people it's a bad show. :v:

Incidentally, that's also why I watched Girls season 3 and I ended up really, really liking that season, if anyone wants something to watch and hated seasons 1 or 2 or has Irrational Lena Dunham Hatred Syndrome, that's worth giving a shot. Seriously, probably the "most improved show ever" award got stolen from Parks and Rec.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OK, so I slogged through Orange is the New Black season 2 and goddamn this lovely poo poo show.

“The cliche about [watching a show about] prison life is that I am actually integrated into it, ruined by it, when my accommodation to it is so overwhelming that I can no longer stand or even imagine freedom, life outside [watching this show about] prison, so that my release brings about a total psychic breakdown, or at least gives rise to a longing for the lost safety of prison life. The actual dialectic of [watching this show about] prison life, however, is somewhat more refined. [watching this show about] Prison in effect destroys me, attains a total hold over me, precisely when I do not fully consent to the fact that I am [watching this show about being] in prison but maintain a kind of inner distance towards it, stick to the illusion that ‘real [television shows] is elsewhere’ and indulge all the time in daydreaming about [television shows] outside, about nice things that are waiting for me after my release or escape. I thereby get caught in the vicious cycle of fantasy, so that when, eventually, I am released, the grotesque discord between fantasy and reality breaks me down."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OK, so, Orange is the New Black Season 2.

Orange is the New Black is a show based on a fake movie trailer in the South Park episode "NAFTA DISASTA". In it, the boys see a film which features a trailer for a sequel to White Chicks called "White Chick". The narration goes as follows:

She was a happy piece of white bread, mysteriously turned into a person, and roped into a criminal conspiracy by her lesbian lover-

*record scratch sound effect*

A sassy black lady in an orange jumpsuit appears onscreen. "Say WHAT?!"

Narrator: Who then betrayed her and got her sent to a prison... where she would have to deal with people who AREN'T WHITE!

*record scratch sound effect*

A sassy Latino lady in an orange jumpsuit appears onscreen. "Que???!!"

Narrator: Now she'll have to deal with life in the Big House, and maybe, just maybe... make some NEW FRIENDS!

A sassy Korean woman appears onscreen. "Oh no, I don't THINK so Missy!"

Narrator: Coming soon, Dagny Taggart is... a WHITE CHICK.

Dagny Taggart: Oh my God you guys!

There is then a montage of clips of moments from the show, including a shot of a shower that's dispensing poop and a discussion about who can have the most lesbian sex in prison.

On a black title card, in small print, "an Adam Sandler production".

edit: Oh for... apparently I can't read because I didn't see the "you must post a 200 word review of the last episode". Fine, I'll do that later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't know if mine was "clearly effort", but thanks Annakie. I'm balls deep in the Subtext Game essay for CD right now and that's due tomorrow. :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread