Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jopoho posted:

I was about a bit short on gold for the propeller blade relic, so I went back a few screens and smashed a checkpoint. Made it back to the shopkeeper, and then died from goofing around with my new purchase.

I love the intensity that smashing a checkpoint brings.
If you do miss an item from the vendor, you can buy it from him in the town basement after you beat the level. I found that out after somehow completely missing the propeller blade my first time through the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Wasn't there supposed to be other modes, playable boss knights, etc? Do I have to beat New Game + to unlock that stuff? Or maybe complete Feats?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Half of Dracula posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be other modes, playable boss knights, etc? Do I have to beat New Game + to unlock that stuff? Or maybe complete Feats?

They are being introduced later in free content patches.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Just got this, and it definitely scratches that NES gameplay itch, and my god the MUSIC, it's pure 8-bit awesomeness. :allears:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I finally sat down to play this. I finished the first world. WHAT A BOSS FIGHT! Now I'm in town and the dialog is incredible, especially all these folks who are rhyming everything! This game is going places!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Palooka posted:

I'm having the same problem. How did you get it to work?

Tried clearing the local game data and cache, didn't work. Ended up just restarting my computer and that did it :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Just finished the game. The final bosses were cool as hell and I really liked the ending. :3:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I downloaded this off the 3DS e-shop and the 3d is fukken sick.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I finally sat down to play this. I finished the first world. WHAT A BOSS FIGHT! Now I'm in town and the dialog is incredible, especially all these folks who are rhyming everything! This game is going places!

You ain't seen nothing yet. The bossfights in this game are pure gold.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beat this and this game was pretty good.

What changes in NG+?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

What changes in NG+?

You take double damage from everything, most of the checkpoints are removed, all of the chickens in stages are replaced with bombs.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Juggling a shitload of these pearls is a lot more fun than it has any right to be.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Ferroque posted:

Tried clearing the local game data and cache, didn't work. Ended up just restarting my computer and that did it :argh:

Yeah, similar here. I got a steam update, forced some optional windows updates, then it worked. But I'm guessing it's related to accessing steam saves because it works now but gives me an error every time so I just have local save, which is ok by me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

SeANMcBAY posted:

What changes in NG+?

It becomes straight up megaman

There's only a single halfway checkpoint in each stage (and one right before the boss (minus tower of fate 2, there's a single checkpoint before the boss and that's it)
All platters/healing items are now bombs so you only get the Ichor you bring
Everything does 2x damage
Spoilers for a late game level The boss rush alternates between bombs and chicken, if you don't open up the bomb you won't get a healing item the next fight

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any way to start on NG+ hard mode? Beginning with all the relics kinda trivializes a lot of the difficulty upgrades.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
I've never had a game scene give me as much joy as the Troupple King dance, long may his stem grow.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Bussamove posted:

You ain't seen nothing yet. The bossfights in this game are pure gold.

No kidding, the roaming dudes are probably the best.

The black metal guy with the whip was my favorite boss in the entire game, at least out of the not final stages part of the game (I just beat all 8 primary bosses).

Also I don't consider that a spoiler because lol of course there's 8 bosses its megaman

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

The black metal guy with the whip was my favorite boss in the entire game, at least out of the not final stages part of the game (I just beat all 8 primary bosses).

He whipped my rear end the first time, too. I hadn't been following the Kickstarter so it kind of blew my mind when all of a sudden I was fighting a Divekick character.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can't... this game... THOSE GEMS ARE AS BIG AS YOUR HEAD WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE DOING WITH THEM.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I have some feats cleared that didn't trigger the steam achievements and I have some steam achievements that aren't marked as cleared in the feats list. That no relics, no money spent run was kind of tough come on :smith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Pretty bummed that all music sheets doesn't unlock a fight with the bard. That game was fantastic fun otherwise.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did anyone do the Kickstarter and have a Wii U code they'd like to trade for a PC code? I have yet to redeem my PC code but I really want Miiverse integration. :/

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Found a bug in this cool game. At least in the 3DS version.

If you beat Tinker Knight with a shovel stomp from a high height, and swing the shovel like 1 or 2 frames before the floor breaks, the screen transition doesn't work properly.

You'll then teleport to the bottom of the level constantly doing the post boss victory pose. You'll be completely invincible, but incapable of movement. You have to quit out to the main menu, since start still works.

So basically don't get fancy with your post victory shenanigans

Electromax
May 6, 2007

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Found a bug in this cool game. At least in the 3DS version.

If you beat Tinker Knight with a shovel stomp from a high height, and swing the shovel like 1 or 2 frames before the floor breaks, the screen transition doesn't work properly.

You'll then teleport to the bottom of the level constantly doing the post boss victory pose. You'll be completely invincible, but incapable of movement. You have to quit out to the main menu, since start still works.

So basically don't get fancy with your post victory shenanigans

Happened to me in the Wii U version also.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Supposedly, there are tons of secret things hidden in this game that are extremely specific and aren't supposed to be found right away.

So if you have a knack for finding those type of things in games, have fun with this one.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I hope one of the secrets is Shield Knight Mode

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

big head mode or go home.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I hope one of the secrets is Shield Knight Mode

I haven't beaten it yet, so I don't know if it's already in there, but one of the stretch goals was a gender swap mode.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I haven't beaten it yet, so I don't know if it's already in there, but one of the stretch goals was a gender swap mode.

Well the original idea on kickstarter just mentions just swapping the genders of the main characters, but I pray they have enough money/time to do what you said assuming its not already in the base game in some fashion.

There's a green colored armor in the armory that you can't purchase which seems suspicious. I bet at least one of the secrets is tied to the name you give the file as well. Should be interesting.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Sticking this for a few days because the game Owns and nobody knows about it

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Did anyone buy it for the Wii U? I hear it has some sort of dark souls multiplayer type thing going on with the Miiverse? I've got the 3DS version and the streetpass arena is pretty cool also they actually tried w/ the 3d. What's unique about the steam version?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Kewpuh posted:

I am impulse buying this now because of you ok

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Mad Wack posted:

Did anyone buy it for the Wii U? I hear it has some sort of dark souls multiplayer type thing going on with the Miiverse? I've got the 3DS version and the streetpass arena is pretty cool also they actually tried w/ the 3d. What's unique about the steam version?

I got it for Wii U. It has the Digger's Diary which is kind of like an embedded miiverse on the gamepad. Each chunk of screen has posts from miiverse about that particular part of the level.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/06/diggers-diary-detailed/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kewpuh posted:

Now my wallet's fifteen bucks lighter, thanks a lot. :arghfist::(

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

This game does own and here's a video of stage 1 for anyone that's on the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1TpfxiC75o

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can confirm game ownage status.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wait, that video is running a HELL of a lot slower than my game is, I have to play at at LEAST double speed. What? :psyduck:

(edit) Turns out turning off vsync gets rid of the problem. Must be because I have a 120hz monitor. :haw:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 29, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I think this game is rad, but I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with the soundtrack. The first level/King Knight stages are really awesome, but I don't think any other track lives up to those two. Technically it's all really well-done, but the majority of it is not very catchy in my mind.

Ron Mexico
Dec 31, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I think this game is rad, but I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with the soundtrack. The first level/King Knight stages are really awesome, but I don't think any other track lives up to those two. Technically it's all really well-done, but the majority of it is not very catchy in my mind.

I dig the music for Specter Knight's stage. Actually everything about that stage is rad. It's a great homage to Castlevania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I like basically every track

• Locked thread