Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Niggurath posted:

So has anyone figured out why yet that once you get a music sheet once that sometimes the page will reappear again? Like it doesn't seem to give money or anything, and it doesn't seem to be all of them....so it seems a bit weird.

I think it's just there to point out that you already collected that sheet. Like, you can't really tell which one it is, but I suppose it's handy if you are just exploring the levels, and you can just go "oh hey I already got that collectible, okay, now lets try a different area"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Awesome! posted:

is the 3ds version of this gimped at all?

In addition to the optional 3d effect and Streetpass Arena, you can quickly switch relics and look at your gear via the bottom screen. Hell, i didn't even realize i could switch the relics via a menu until near the end of my first playthrough.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Undersea Magic posted:

Ladies and gents we've found it: the elusive Baby Gamer. The one person on earth that couldn't beat Shovel Knight

To be fair, some of those bosses are a little tricky, and they come out randomly. Plague Knight in particular is a bit tricky for a first-time player.

But then again, you get a full heal after each boss. And if that wasn't enough, you can bring in full heal and/or invincibility ichors to the boss rush, so you basically have no reason to dismiss it as impossible unless you were terminally bad at video games.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Thuryl posted:

Polar Knight dies super fast if you spam the temporary invincibility relic and just stay in his face and keep hitting him, since he's big and not especially mobile. It's kind of a cheap tactic, but it works.

If you spam the Chaos Orb, then Polar Knight gets utterly wrecked, thanks to his large hitbox, and tendency to dash around fast enough for the orb to stay with him and rack up damage.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

It won't automatically update, but it WILL recognize that "hey there's an update you should go and download it form the shop"

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I guess I'm missing something, because I don't see anything out of the ordinary on that Smash Bros page?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

3DS version is the first version I played, and it's fantastic to have the second screen being used for really quick relic swapping. on top of the amiibo functionality, the portability is fantastic. the 3DS version is a pro-pick

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Last year, I was blown away by how much extra content and effort they made for the Plague Knight campaign. Now, they're making Specter Knight's campaign full of brand new poo poo, as opposed to just simply "the same basic levels except with new character specific content added on".

Yacht Club are good people.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

elf help book posted:

Have they mentioned when they hope to release Body Swap?

with the Specter of Torment release

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

theshim posted:

getting horrible flashbacks to triple triad

if this is anything like triple triad, this is gonna own

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Every single version is getting this campaign

Adbot