Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kewpuh posted:

Sticking this for a few days because the game Owns and nobody knows about it

I want to buy it so bad, but it's not out in Europe yet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DoctorWhat posted:

WELL ABOUT THAT

That music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWouIYfK7w (at the end of the video)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is that retail?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish they'd add Mario or Link in the nintendo versions. And Gaben in the steam version.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Played Plague Knight yesterday, holy poo poo this was god. i didn't expect a free dlc campaign to be this loving good

Now the long wait begins

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the music

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
have they said they're done with shovel knight after the specter and king knights campaigns release?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

They'll be done with all the Kickstarter content and I assume that they probably need to make a second game rather than pumping out infinite free content for the rest of their career. Maybe. Frankly I'm amazed they're basically still pumping out the stretch goals though I assume they have another game in the wings they haven't announced yet.

They asked about spinoffs and sequels a while back so they're probably done with Shovel Knight the game but not Shovel Knight the franchise.

i'd probably pay a lot to get campaigns for the remaining knights :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just rewatched the trailer, holy poo poo i can't loving wait

apparently it's a prequel? it's cool that they go the extra mile and try to fit the campaigns in a timeline sorta.

I imagine the king knight campaign will be him trying to reclaim his kingdom after the end of the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is there a full breakdown for the extra campaigns poll?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New details about Specter of Torment!

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/shovel-knights-specter-of-torment-will-be-even-more-different-than-you-think

-No more map, megaman style stage select

-remixed levels and boss battle

-nexus for story events and npcs etc...

-king knight's campaign will be to specter knight's what plague knight's campaign was to shovel knight's.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dr. Fetus posted:

So the soundtrack for Specter of Torment is getting remastered. Here are some of the remastered tracks.

Propeller Knight's stage.

Strike the Earth, Polar Knight's stage, minigame.

King Knight's stage.

Fighting with all our might.

dead links.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I still don't really understand the body swap mode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah I'll be honest, even if the game is exclusive to one platform for just a month, that's still kind of a jerk move for them to make. Just cause they made a good game and are providing a huge amount of support for it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be held accountable for questionable decisions like that.

it's not like it's a free add on or anything

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

.. it isn't? They're selling it separately and you have to pay extra to buy it compared to the previous cost of Shovel Knight. They're giving it away free to current owners but that isn't really the same thing as a free add-on.

you can still buy the original version of shovel knight and get all of the expansions for free.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

Alongside a price increase specifically because of the new content, yes,.

The price increase hasn't come into effect yet, afaik

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ImpAtom posted:

Right. So? Would you say Bethesda didn't increase the cost of the Fallout 4 DLC just because they didn't raise it right away?

I really don't know anything about Fallout 4's DLC but the Shovel Knight price increase seems incredibly lenient:

-the game has been out for a few years now, and people who already bought will still get all dlc campaigns for free, as promised.

-the dlc was free for a long time (and in fact is still free for every consoles but the switch)

-they're warning us about the price increase with months to spare, meaning people can still get the campaigns for free.

The Switch version being more expansive is probably part of why it's releasing earlier than the others.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Shovel Knight or Rayman 2, which game has the biggest number of ports

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

YCG wrote a piece for Polygon on the implementation of Body Swap mode with plenty of concept art, unused designs, etc: http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/28/14752908/shovel-knight-body-swap-gender

Queen Knight so good!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I never realized that Black Knight's gender was ambiguous before.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really want to buy the standalone spectre knight on switch guyssssss

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Where's the wisp chest in the explodatorium, pretty please?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

may contain peanuts posted:

Mouse over the following spoiler to find the answer to your question: You know those things that shoot little flasks, and the flasks break and they catch fire on any water they touch? Those things? You can hit them and they'll fly up. There's one of them where if you hit the flask, it'll fly up and destroy a ceiling. That's where the wisp chest is. It's in the same room as a checkpoint.

Yep found it, thanks!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Finished Specter of Torment! Awesome!

So when's King Knight's campaign out? :f5:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

may contain peanuts posted:

Now play New Game Plus! NG+ has a special surprise this time around :)

oooh well you've convinced me!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gwent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUcT7VZw4A&

shoulder bashing is my favorite platforming way of moving (except maybe behind cart-wheeling)

• Locked thread