Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I really hope my NES USB controller works now :pray:

Edit: It does! Although the buttons are reversed of what I'd like :haw:

You can customize the controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Talk about authenticity: the soundtrack is also available in NSF format, and the composer is looking into making a recording of it on actual NES hardware.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So there's only one thing about this game that really feels inauthentic with its retroisms: the dialog. It conveys meaning, tone, and voice clearly and unambiguously, and not only uses but wittily plays with idiom - in other words, you can tell it wasn't the result of (1980s video game style) translation.

Needless to say this is a good thing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is within your power to play the game in the way you think would be most fun. Meanwhile I enjoy the game's many options.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Charge the platform directly into any enemy for a one-hit kill.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So can you enter more than one of these when you're starting a new file, or what?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

see you tomorrow posted:

Do people really still have trouble with medusa heads

A lot of people never noticed that the trick is to simply walk straight forward without hesitating, stopping, or jumping.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Holy poo poo timg that.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The original tweet is not there any more?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It seems to be a fake.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

that was about the smash bros one several days ago, not the new one that multiple retailers have posted

Oh!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shovel Knight outfit and helmet for Mii Swordfighter will be in Smash.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cephalocidal posted:

90% of his moveset is already in the game as parts of other characters, the modeling and rigging would be the hardest part.

No, it wouldn't be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I want to believe.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There are currently no amiibos listed on that page, but previously it had several upcoming amiibos listed, and Shovel Knight was the first one. The page is amiibos compatible with Smash Bros.

I saw it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The point is that anything can happen.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think this may be the best poll I've ever heard of.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yacht Club Man Sean Velasco is fielding questions from the general public about this initiative, and he confirms they'd be better off as original properties.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Where did they post that chart?

Edit: oh, it was on this news post.

Lurdiak posted:

Why so much hate for Shovel Knight and Shield Knight? :(

Because it would be multiplayer-only, which is inconvenient.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 9, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Streetpass Arena is a neat concept if you live in places where you can get passes from people who play Shovel Knight. Which is to say, it's never gonna happen. The stereoscopic effect on all the areas is very nice, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

may contain peanuts posted:

The 3DS version is the version I play the most, but I didn't even know it had Streetpass. That's interesting. I should try it out the next time I'm at a con.

You need to go to Streetpass Arena and record a ghost before you can use it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It looks like I will actually be able to handle Specter Knight's controls, unlike Plague Knight.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

galagazombie posted:

How can Yacht Club afford to do all this for free, not that I'm complaining.

I think they do this instead of dropping the price.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Raserys posted:

just popping in to say the switch is good. peace

It's not good. It's great.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm gonna be honest with you: Plague Knight's controls were just too much for this one poor man. So I'm glad Specter is looking more manageable.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Wouldn't that mean the Wii and 3DS versions were also coming quickly?

Presumably the help from Nintendo comes on Nintendo's terms, you tedious person.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Devices that can't play Shovel Knight can go to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91dsHGGHwY

• Locked thread