Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am going to keep updating the op with wuxia videos I find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure I'll be rolling with Zephyr to start out. Can't wait to fight some chinamen with my magic ice-making GBS threads fan dude.
Just wish that early access wasn't so late in the drat day :negative:

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010
I'm probably going to be like 30 minutes late for the start of early access and it's bugging me, even though it shouldn't and that doesn't matter. I'm pretty much decided on starting a Wu-Tang first but I might start another character after I get my main to 50. Do we have six people who are going to be in on early access early on? Or more than that, twelve maybe? Need to grind a lot of affection points to start a gang.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Going with a Wu-Tang named PKChangs.

edit: I'll be available for early access for gang related activities from the very start, just hit me up in game.

Juchero fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 1, 2014

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Everybody wanting to roll Zephyr is really killing my special snowflake sensibilities. I may have to make something else now...like a Shaolin or something. :saddowns:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

No love for the Condor heroes ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklk1Eb8kvw&list=PL8811938111551AC6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4l54rlQxFM&list=PLCCFC7D390E389C90

there are so many version of this tale you feel its like the Chinese version of american 7:00 pm sitcoms.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

aleksendr posted:

No love for the Condor heroes ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklk1Eb8kvw&list=PL8811938111551AC6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4l54rlQxFM&list=PLCCFC7D390E389C90

there are so many version of this tale you feel its like the Chinese version of american 7:00 pm sitcoms.

Every bit of the lore in this game is based on "Condor Heroes" and "Smiling Proud Wanderer". Mostly "Smiling Proud Wanderer". The intro cinematic has Dongfang Bubai and Ren Woxing fighting, and the first NPC who helps you out is Linghu Chong, although they spell his name wrong.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
It isn't so much as they got the spelling wrong, it's more like they used the Wades-Giles romanization instead of Pin Yin romanization. This might be a localisation decision made to make the game sound more exotic, but to me it's just being stupid.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
I'll be on early access, a bit late probably (don't get off work until 3 pm PST). Plan to hit it hard tonight and do some serious leveling, or any shenanigans we end up doing.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
If everything works as it should i'll be in as an emei with name Dele if it's available tonight.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Y'know, I didn't play AoW, and my knowledge of Wuxia overall is fairly lacking, what exactly do Endo and Exo mean?

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Absurd Revolver posted:

Y'know, I didn't play AoW, and my knowledge of Wuxia overall is fairly lacking, what exactly do Endo and Exo mean?

Endo usually means internal/chi/yin energy, whereas Exo is external/hard/yang energy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Think of it as magical and physical. Endo and Exo are greek.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Third World Reggin posted:

Think of it as magical and physical. Endo and Exo are greek.

Yeah that's about what I figured, thanks.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I was looking at Emei, but now I want to make a Wutang named WutangDan (he ain't nothin' to gently caress with.)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

we can launch the client and patch now.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Gonna be in early access as a Tong named RedMetal.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Servers are up. Get in Camping the Stairs Swordsman Channel Mumble. Chinagame Start.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Is anyone gonna stream it? :)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
It's saying Claymore is down for me.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's up for me. All up in this as ShuujiKurosu.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Saradiart posted:

It's saying Claymore is down for me.

Submit a ticket. It's not just you.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Not up for me either.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Some people did not put in their code from their email into arc.

Other people are having a bug and need to submit a ticket.

We are also on CTS mumble.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Third World Reggin posted:

Some people did not put in their code from their email into arc.

Other people are having a bug and need to submit a ticket.

We are also on CTS mumble.

I'm an idiot and didn't put the code in until just now -- did I lose out on early access?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Probably not. The server shows closed to me yet I can enter it.

If you can't, either wait a bit or submit a ticket.

schme
May 28, 2013
I'll be rolling a Five Venom. Name is still undecided, but looks like I have plenty of time with all this late access early access.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That's strange cause I see the server as up and got on no problem. So far shaolin seems way more meaty than harmony. Maybe it's just the flash effects and ground explosions but I like it.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

welp officially after launch time and still can't get in. :china:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The curse of chinagame strikes again.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Haroshia posted:

welp officially after launch time and still can't get in. :china:

You're not the only person with this at least

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The little swordsman forum in the arc client is pretty funny to read anyway, it's full of nerds going apoplectic.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Forer posted:

Oh right, Something that I didn't think was said yet for anyone who didn't play.

This is stupid, because when you're actually in the game, in the top right is your quest log.

If you have a quest "Talk to Jimbob Jones" You can click the name and it'll path you to the person. The game has a free world teleporter in every single zone and it'll take the smart route TO the postman, then to the zone you need to be in where jimbob jones is in, then it'll automatically talk to him and wait for you to press a button to complete the quest.

If you need to kill mobs for a quest it will say "Kill Ornery Emu 0/10" and you will autopath to the enemy and automatically attack it.

If you need to grab stuff for a quest, it will say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5" and if dongcopters are something on the map that you can just pick up, it'll automatically path to them and start to pick them up. If Dongcopters drop from an enemy it will actually say "Collect Dongcopters 0/5 from Pissed Off Jellyfish" and you can just click the jellyfish portion to path & kill. If it's something that drops from more than one enemy like Snokeweed it'll bring up a help box that lists the mobs that drop snokeweed and where they are, all clickable so you can just path & kill.

Quests are REALLY easy to do and REALLY mindnumbingly simple. Press the underlined thing, go read SA, wait till you get to the zone, kill some dudes, press the underlined thing to go back to the quest giver, read SA some more, hand in the quest.

You also get a LOT of quests in one area available to you at one time, so you can go to collect snokeweed AND crocodile teeth at the same time, and then after that take a five second trip over to grab tassels off of some dudes hat and then go take another five second trip to get broken swords from a dude, and take one big trip back to where all the quest collectors are.

it's also why it really sucks that at level 39 all the quests dry up and you need to start doing OTHER things (Bamboo dreams event, Self-Cultivation the botting thing) but I guess they have to make sure you do them somehow. After 40 also the quests start having harsher requirements "Hey you need to be level 45 (For this quest you CAN do right now at 40 but shut up and grind)" but I can't say too much about them past 45

Edit: Oh right, and if you click on your map, OR on your questtrackershit, you will auto-horse if it's further than a little bit.

I know dude, I played the game, I got 3 people to level 40. The quests loving suck and I hate them and I find killing mobs mindlessly a hell of a lot more enjoyable than clicking a link and watching my character path horribly.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I just want to play this dumb chinagame!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Shadowlz posted:

I just want to play this dumb chinagame!

Hopefully they throw a bone to the people who got effed. If not, welp.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
You are all forgetting the best Condor Heroes film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_23BWterUc

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

PWE FAQ posted:

Q: I purchased a pack before the deadline on Sunday, June 29, 2014, at 11:59 PM PDT, but I still can't log in to play.
A: We sincerely apologize that you cannot log in currently. We will do our best to help you get in-game, and if you still can't after we verify it, we will award you with items for the inconvenience.

The first step is to send in a ticket to our Support Team.
Our Support Team will verify that you are eligible for early access.
If you still cannot log in, we will note your account. In the near future, we will be sending affected accounts an email with a code for an additional Leveling Pack, valued at nearly $60 USD, which players will be able to use on another character on their account.

Atleast they're giving something to people affected by this, though i wonder if the leveling pack is actually valued close to 60$

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Also nobody actually has access to the bonus packs. The only thing anybody has is access to the server.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Whilst the server issues are ongoing the whining in the official forums is rather an entertaining read. Have these people never been in an MMO launch before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Guild should be up later tonight.

• Locked thread