Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Getting knocked to 1 HP at least allows you the chance to stay afloat with fleas, or to kite while your allies clean up; in the beta it would just straight up kill you. That and the lowered odds makes Tarot sound kind of tolerable now.

That said, I've been catching up on the skill changes. It looks like they split the old Earth skills into Earth and Fire so which ones you get are no longer RNG, and to free up the room for that they fused Air and Water into one tree. Losing Rabies is going to hurt a bit, but it looks like there's a bunch of other stuff to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Fleas will absolutely keep you afloat. A talented Ecaflip can be drat near invincible.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Oh god I used to play Dofus so much and was addicted to it like crazy years and years ago. And discovering this thread is the worst loving temptation in the world. I need this game like I need a hole in the head but I am still going to download it.

What should I play if I want to make other player's lives a nightmare? I'm leaning Rogue. They weren't in game when I played so I have no idea how they actually function, but dumping pain fields everywhere and pushing players around in them looks hilarious from watching a video or two.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tsurupettan posted:

Oh god I used to play Dofus so much and was addicted to it like crazy years and years ago. And discovering this thread is the worst loving temptation in the world. I need this game like I need a hole in the head but I am still going to download it.

What should I play if I want to make other player's lives a nightmare? I'm leaning Rogue. They weren't in game when I played so I have no idea how they actually function, but dumping pain fields everywhere and pushing players around in them looks hilarious from watching a video or two.

if you want to be the best at making everyone hate you, rogue and earth sadida are great at that. Earth Sadida gets some amazing 'random' attacks, as well as one of (if not the) largest AOE attack in the game, which means you can hit lots of allies 'on accident'

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

if you want to be the best at making everyone hate you, rogue and earth sadida are great at that. Earth Sadida gets some amazing 'random' attacks, as well as one of (if not the) largest AOE attack in the game, which means you can hit lots of allies 'on accident'

I meant more of making people's lives a nightmare in pvp rather than pissing off allies. :haw:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Tsurupettan posted:

I meant more of making people's lives a nightmare in pvp rather than pissing off allies. :haw:

Oh, rogues and their bombs are actually pretty poor for PVP.
Air Sacriers can drag healers to the front line, earth enutrofs hit like a truck and can basically get anywhere at any time.

Earth rogues do pretty good damage just shooting guys.

Three of the earth Sadida spell either steals MP or lowers it, which means they can make it a pain for the opposing team to even manage to move.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Iops deal ridiculous damage, don't require much thought, and feature the dreaded lose-a-turn Stun.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Obviously the solution here is to just make whatever character I like the art of the most. :v:

Thanks for the input, I'm going to go stare indecisively at the character creator for a while.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Decided to give this a shot since it's F2P and the art is fantastic, and it's pretty fun to boot. Had a lot of trouble picking a class but I settled on Foggernaut and now I'm a french robot earthbender.

Game reminds me a lot of Ragnarok Online except not terrible.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

Obviously the solution here is to just make whatever character I like the art of the most. :v:

Thanks for the input, I'm going to go stare indecisively at the character creator for a while.

I almost did the same thing but then I realized that gear covers up like 90% of the character model so just pick a class based on the roll you want to play.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I cannot believe that this thread exists, are there active goons again? Are people still hacking?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Unfortunately those wild and unscrupulous days past have come to an end, as Ankama have cleaned up their act. It's still a pretty fun game though!

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Welp, looks like I cannot play because the game does not know how to scale at high resolution which makes everything unreadable....unless one of you knows of a solution by chance?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I'm a bit confused on which client I need to be downloading.

Are we still playing on the asian servers or the english servers?

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Download the Asian client.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Brain Fog posted:

Download the Asian client.

Alright, thanks.

Wasn't sure because the NA f2p stuff, but I think the NA f2p is supposed to still be worse than the asian version.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone have an updated resource on what the various pets give? My store is broken and showing them as giving a ton of stuff, and they are all the same.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
This page lists all pets and their maximum bonuses. Before buying pets or anything else from the cash shop, have a look at the market boards and rummage through people's haven bags to see if anyone's selling what you want for kamas.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

SoggyGravy posted:

Welp, looks like I cannot play because the game does not know how to scale at high resolution which makes everything unreadable....unless one of you knows of a solution by chance?

How high is high? I haven't seen any issues. Are your Java and Flash up to date?

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

How high is high? I haven't seen any issues. Are your Java and Flash up to date?

It's the hiDPI display from the razer blade 2014...stuff looks tiny when its not hiDPI aware but im not sure how to fix it or if I can.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

SoggyGravy posted:

It's the hiDPI display from the razer blade 2014...stuff looks tiny when its not hiDPI aware but im not sure how to fix it or if I can.

Get an external monitor that isn't some retarded high resolution on an itty bitty screen?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Having never played Wakfu and only playing Dofus like once, my friends getting me into this is worth it. It's pretty fun.

Also thanks for the invite to the guild, Fire/Water Ecaflip wooooo

tried tarot because I had a respec coming, summoned nothing but explodakittens or whatever they're called

best game

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 6, 2014

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

This game is hype as gently caress and seriously play it guys.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I played this game a bit back when it was in beta before it went ahead with that horrid subscription system. Is it worth playing now and is it still 100% always the best idea to pump all stat points into HP?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Yes and no. HP is actually one of the worst stats to dump points in now.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

HP now comes from most gear and by just leveling up and the dedicated stat investment lost the bonus for large numbers of points invested, making it even more worthless than the 4 raw elemental stats.

I think it's finally worth playing, Ankama has learned a lot of incredibly obvious lessons in the past half-decade.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Well, it's all moot as a patch from a couple weeks ago seems to have introduced a connectivity bug that prevents me from logging in. From what I remember of Ankama, I don't expect it to be fixed this year.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Heavy neutrino posted:

Well, it's all moot as a patch from a couple weeks ago seems to have introduced a connectivity bug that prevents me from logging in. From what I remember of Ankama, I don't expect it to be fixed this year.

If it's the "no connection to server" thing, just switch to the ankama java client in the launcher options.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Switching to the java client didn't help, but changing the game's update settings to automatic fixed it :iiam:

That said, I'd downloaded the international client of the game so nothing matters, god is dead.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This game looks pretty neat. In as Dromer. Are there any up-to date dragon Osa guides? I can't seem to find any updated in the past year.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

dromer posted:

This game looks pretty neat. In as Dromer. Are there any up-to date dragon Osa guides? I can't seem to find any updated in the past year.

Enjoy the total lack of information about this game!

In other news I got trapping to 34 today. I'll finish 35 tonight. It's sure is a grind.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

dromer posted:

Dragon Osa is incredibly easy to build: max Symbiosa, max Gobgob, then start maxing all the passives that benefit you and Critical Synergy in the order of your choosing. Stat into +1 AP and +1 Range, pick up +1 MP if you feel like it, dump everything else into Critical Hits.

For spells, you want to keep Whip, Scaraleaf, and Crobak maxed. You'll use Bwork Trump to start your back attack combo and Feather Tornado for utility but you don't need to specifically level them. You probably have some leftover spell experience that you may want to put into the earth tree's Weakening Command for a decent AoE.

For gear, the most important thing is to hit 10AP which isn't particularly challenging when one of them comes from your stat distribution and another from Symbiosa. 10 AP will allow you to use Bwork Trump + 2 Whip casts on a target's back. To capitalize on this, your gear should have loads of air damage, critical hit rate, critical hit damage, and bonus damage from behind. With enough of this stuff you'll start critting your target's back for hundreds if not thousands late-game.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Where do you get/how do you craft crafting bags? I see the slots for them I just can't seem to find any information on where to get them.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Wezlar posted:

Where do you get/how do you craft crafting bags? I see the slots for them I just can't seem to find any information on where to get them.

Short answer: Market Board

Long answer: I don't loving know

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Handymen make crafting bags. These are bags for harvesting professions that can only carry poo poo from those harvesting professions. I can make them, and for example, if I make a lumberjack bag, it can hold cuttings, logs, and planks. They tend to have a large amount of slots (the smallest ones are 15 slots)

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

KittyEmpress posted:

Handymen make crafting bags. These are bags for harvesting professions that can only carry poo poo from those harvesting professions. I can make them, and for example, if I make a lumberjack bag, it can hold cuttings, logs, and planks. They tend to have a large amount of slots (the smallest ones are 15 slots)

What level is the recipe? Do I need to find a recipe for them or something? I don't see them in the list.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Crafter bag recipes are available at handyman rank 30. Traditional bags are available earlier on through the Leatherworking profession. Many mobs drop bags as well, particularly monks on Monk Island.

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So what's the conventional wisdom on levelling? The majority of the sources I've found just say to have people powerlevel you to 50.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

dromer posted:

So what's the conventional wisdom on levelling? The majority of the sources I've found just say to have people powerlevel you to 50.

have us powerlevel you, we got arrgy to like 48 in a day.

Edit: Talk to Gourmet, I'm being unfun today.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I'm in as a Xelor (good god Ankama's names are dumb) called Neuts. I don't have a clue how to build him but I'm being cute using Aging with fire spells on tick turns and water spells on tock turns. Where should I put stat points?

• Locked thread