Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Heavy neutrino posted:

I'm in as a Xelor (good god Ankama's names are dumb) called Neuts. I don't have a clue how to build him but I'm being cute using Aging with fire spells on tick turns and water spells on tock turns. Where should I put stat points?

That's pretty much the basic Fire/Water Xelor right there, that poo poo gets powerful once you get up in levels and your gear starts boosting fire/water damage.
For stat points, put them wherever until you hit lvl 31, then use the lvl 30 respec to drop your points into either +AP, +MP or +Range. Usually people do +AP first, since it lets them do more things per turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ropa
Sep 7, 2006
hello is there something I need to do in order to be able to make an account in wakfuasia?

this:
https://secure.wakfu.asia/en/account-creation
leads me to the page but the blank space below "Create an Account" is just that... blank space

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

ropa posted:

hello is there something I need to do in order to be able to make an account in wakfuasia?

this:
https://secure.wakfu.asia/en/account-creation
leads me to the page but the blank space below "Create an Account" is just that... blank space

That's really weird. I'm getting the same problem and I made another account yesterday.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Same way on my phone as well, I can't check my browser due to I'm at work but I would assume it's the same way.

I would just wait a bit and see if they fix it or try a different browser.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

What's the gear progression like after Gobbal? Is it worth upgrading to Royal Gobbal if you're poor/lazy?

Kamer Kamer Cola
Dec 25, 2009
Played this a fair amount in beta, there any classes we need in particular?

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012

Kamer Kamer Cola posted:

Played this a fair amount in beta, there any classes we need in particular?

Nope, play whoever you think looks fun!

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Vadun posted:

What's the gear progression like after Gobbal? Is it worth upgrading to Royal Gobbal if you're poor/lazy?

Whether royal gobball has anything to offer you depends on your class's priorities. Browse the market boards for sets and you'll be able to start making a mental roadmap for what you're going to want to wear.

Kamer Kamer Cola
Dec 25, 2009

Brain Fog posted:

Nope, play whoever you think looks fun!

What's the ideal cra spec nowadays? I remember knockback beacons being able to do hilarious amounts of damage. Are they still strong?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Elections are in progress right now, if you want to run and have the CP to do so send me a note and I'll fund you! Remember, you need to be a subscriber to run for office or vote.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I've tried a Sacrier and an Iop and found a lot of the time I was just doing the same thing every turn.

What's the best class if you want to have a lot of different viable options at once, with a mix of damage and support? I'll be playing with a friend so solo ability isn't a huge deal.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've tried a Sacrier and an Iop and found a lot of the time I was just doing the same thing every turn.

What's the best class if you want to have a lot of different viable options at once, with a mix of damage and support? I'll be playing with a friend so solo ability isn't a huge deal.

Pandawa becomes very flexible - they're capable of stacking -resist on enemies, +damage on allies, picking up and throwing enemies and allies to a location a considerable distance away, even over enemies/allies. The problem is they're probably one of the most complicated classes - a lot of your abilities revolve around a barrel of booze you toss around, and you have to be able to predict where you are going to place and move this booze for it to be useful, and knowing when you're better off ignoring it altogether and using your abilities in a lesser form without it

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 8, 2014

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

quote:

We would firstly like to apologise for the lack of communication on the compensation of the recent issues you have been facing, notably with the drop rates and Srambad bugs. As such, we would like to announce the compensation package we have prepared for you, in light of the recent events.

A double Exp weekend (Exp and Craft Exp) will be given to all players, to be announced soon

All purchases of 30day Premium in June will have their Premium extended with an additional 30days

We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences caused by the recent patch and would like to extend our thanks to players who assisted in identifying the bugs for us. Your constant support is what keeps us going!

Today's forum post.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
As an Enutrof, how do you rearrange your Drheller's skill bar? It won't let me move anything during a fight, but that's the only time the bar is accessible.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy crap double xp is going to own.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Space Jam, can you write some :words: about Water Escaflips?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've tried a Sacrier and a Iop and found a lot of the time I was just doing the same thing every turn.

Also try a Feca.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I can't write an extensive guide on Water Ecas, but I can write some words.

Water Ecaflips are tempting to call a healer class since, well, multiple of their spells do heal. They're not though. At best, they're off healers, or maybe sustainers. Their healing abilities (sans Lick) are built around healing while also doing damage.

Fleahopper lets you throw a pretty weak flea that also heals any ally within three range of it. It's also very cheap. This healing is almost always going to be lesser than to a Masq or Enrispa, but that's fine, it works for what its job is, which is to keep someone meleeing a mob alive for a few extra turns.

Flea Love is a lot more interesting. It has two methods of casting - one is to throw it on a single enemy, who takes damage for two turns, and then you get a big heal. This big heal heals anyone adjacent to you... but it takes two turn, so you need actual coordination to use it. The other use of Flea Love is my favorite - you lay down a really big AOE that hurts all enemies within it, and heals one ally, every time an enemy takes a turn inside it. I've briefly shown off the low level uses of this to some people in the guild via the House of X dungeons, where I managed to trap five people taking consecutive turns in it, who ended up killing each other taking 30ish damage each turn start. It's amazing if you've got a class that can move people.

With an Air Masq, Air Sac, or one of the other 'i move people' classes, you can basically sustain healing that, if not outdoes, almost matches any damage the enemy can cause someone standing in the middle of your AOE.

Their other non flea movesa re a little more boring. Lick has you either lick an enemy to damage it (for okay but not great damage) or lick an ally to heal it (for okay but not great healing). It's boring. It doesn't do much at all.

Up To Scratch is a movement spell that lets you charge in and do AOE damage to a bunch of enemies, for a cost that makes it possible to, eventually, cast Flea Love in an area, then Up Too Scratch yourself into it, to rely on the heals. It's pretty good. I'd say it can also be used to escape, but Ecaflips get Feline Leap, so who cares.

Hunter's Trap is... weird. You lay it down, it ends your turn, if an enemy walks into any of the squares near it, you automatically teleport behind them and hit them for some good damage. But it leaves you way open. And you really shouldn't be in melee as a water ecaflip, unless you're specifically trying to lure guys into a Flea Love.

As for Specialties, only a few REALLY matter for you - Feline Leap is basically the exact same as Iop's leap, except you'll sometimes want to use it to get out of danger. So it's even more useful.

Flealine army gives you a flat +water% damage and every time you do damage with a Flea spell, as well as a flat amount of +heal. Flea spells include Flea Love and Fleahopper. however, the buff goes away if you don't deal water damage on your turn, which means to build it up, you need to constantly be dealing water damage. Flea Love and Hunter Trap do not count as on your turn so you have to either Lick, Fleahopper, or Up To Scratch (or hit them with a water weapon, if that's what you have) on your turn to build up your water damage. Flealine army is the best skill you'll get

Ecaflip Precision is amazing. You get a 40% chance to just staight up add between +30% and +130% damage to any attack you do.

Paws off passively has a chance to just shove away any enemy who tries to get into melee range with you, as well as inflicting them with Critical Failures if they do stay.

As a water ecaflip, you can pretty much ignore every luck based mechanic. You are a ranged damage dealer/healer who throws fleas that happen to heal people, and lays down amazing damage tiles for your allies to take advantage of.

The weakness of this, of course, is that your best spell pretty much requires someone who can move enemies around, if you want its max potential. But mobs are stupid anyways, so just charging your astrub knight into the middle of it tends to get 4 melee mobs to crowd around him constantly taking damage, so it's easy to work around.

The other Weakness is also tied to your strength, of course - you will never deal the spike damage that a lucky Ecaflip will. You'll never randomly heal all your allies for 200 HP right when you need it. You'll never gain +4 AP for no reason. You're consistent damage, that wont spike, but also wont become a straight up liability or cause harm to your allies.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
It should be noted that Fleahopper, in addition to it's other effects, also applies a stacking +3% crit buff(+5% if it crits) to any ally adjacent to your target.

On another note, I should stop being lazy and actually apply to the guild. IGN is Selenya, I'll probably try to give someone a poke later.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

This has apparently been in the steam DB for a while:

http://steamdb.info/app/215080/

The steam wrapper's in all the clients, so hopefully the Asian version shows up there too.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Unoriginal One posted:

It should be noted that Fleahopper, in addition to it's other effects, also applies a stacking +3% crit buff(+5% if it crits) to any ally adjacent to your target.

On another note, I should stop being lazy and actually apply to the guild. IGN is Selenya, I'll probably try to give someone a poke later.

Oh, yeah. This is part of why Air Masqs are particularly great with them. since Air Masq's give flat damage to everyone in the group when they get a crit, giving them up to like, +15% more crit chance is great.

Overall, Water Ecaflips are amazing in groups and really good, which is funny since fire and earth ecaflips tend to screw their groups more than help them. :v:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Those are some awesome words thanks! What order would you suggest for specilizations?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

The other Weakness is also tied to your strength, of course - you will never deal the spike damage that a lucky Ecaflip will. You'll never randomly heal all your allies for 200 HP right when you need it. You'll never gain +4 AP for no reason. You're consistent damage, that wont spike, but also wont become a straight up liability or cause harm to your allies.

This is all in how you build your Eca, and this can't stay true at mid-higher levels. Eventually you get your essential specialties and have to put points into something. Precision stacks with crit damage, so Ecaflip Die and Roll Again end up being pretty great. Some rounds I look at my character sheet and have 100% crit rate, whatever. I run up and lick someone for 1K heals. There's no reason you can't take Tarot as a water build, if you want. Have fun.

quote:

And you really shouldn't be in melee as a water ecaflip, unless you're specifically trying to lure guys into a Flea Love.

Also I really have to disagree with this, Paws Off is one of the best defensive skills in the game but you can't apply it without being in a monsters face. A defensive frontline mobile EMT water Eca is great fun, let Enis hang out in the back.

YES bread fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 8, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Paws off is true, as is die at high levels, but there's a lot of things you want before then. Though I guess it depends on what kind of build you want to play. A water ecaflip can sorta-tank with their healing and paws off, which means you can run up into people's faces and try and tank. I, personally, think that's kind of silly, because Water gear isn't really built for tanking ever, which means you'll always fall behind on lock, while a ranged build can continually build up and heal something actually good at tanking, like a Sacrier, Feca, Pandawa, or Foggernaut, without having to waste time healing themselves.

But that's just like, my opinion. Either way of running it works just fine, and the melee one probably does more damage.

Edit: As for the order of specializations, I'd probably go something like Flealine Army to max, Precision to max, Feline Leap to max, then you'll probably want to, as above, grab either some Ecaflip Die, or some Paws Off. After those... Cat Tree if you're not going for a tanky build, since it'll pull you off monsters when you're attacked, which is not what you want when you're a tanky person. You could throw points into tarot but... yeah. If you want to be going full on luck based, you could easily go non-water and get more benefit.

Also, even with Ecaflip Die, you wont be as bursty as a firebuild, because while it gives +CH (and AP and stuff), it also gives fire damage, which you wont gain the benefit of. It will still make you more bursty than without it.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 8, 2014

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Fleahopper heal autotargets the lowest HP, so it doesn't really matter who's tanking as long are you're near them. Lock I actively avoid because of the anti-exploit bandaid in dungeons, and aside from that Eca has more than enough mobility to make up for it. As for other defensive stats, plenty of water gear has block and resists. The real strength of Water Eca is that you can heal, damage, buff, and debuff all at the same time in the right situation.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

YES bread posted:

Lock I actively avoid because of the anti-exploit bandaid in dungeons

Could you go into more detail on this?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Vadun posted:

Could you go into more detail on this?

If you lock the boss of a dungeon multiple times in arow, it becomes immune to damage because Ankama doesn't know how to just fix AI.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Yeah, the magic number is three, which we almost hit the first or second time we did Mussly Hammam. Lots of laughs and horror in group chat :coolfish:

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

If you lock the boss of a dungeon multiple times in arow, it becomes immune to damage because Ankama doesn't know how to just fix AI.

Why the gently caress am I playing a tank then?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Vadun posted:

Why the gently caress am I playing a tank then?

The mechanic is a band-aid for a big revamp of lock/dodge they're planning to do, where failing a dodge no longer ends turn but drains MP. They supposedly implemented the current fix as people were abusing bad AI and lock forfeiting turns to beat raid bosses without any risk. I don't imagine it will remain after the revamp, and it will probably be many weeks until there's a large enough population of goons at raiding levels for it to be of significance. (You also need ridiculous gear to unfailingly lock a raid boss)

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Because it's fantastically useful to lock things, generally. Bosses too. It's really only going to be an issue for another few weeks until the lock and dodge revamp.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

The mechanic is a band-aid for a big revamp of lock/dodge they're planning to do, where failing a dodge no longer ends turn but drains MP. They supposedly implemented the current fix as people were abusing bad AI and lock forfeiting turns to beat raid bosses without any risk. I don't imagine it will remain after the revamp, and it will probably be many weeks until there's a large enough population of goons at raiding levels for it to be of significance. (You also need ridiculous gear to unfailingly lock a raid boss)

Yeah, the mechanic wasn't around when I played I don't think, because we used to pretty much beat the UBs by abusing our Feca's huge lock to and damaging our squishies so that the boss AI would be like 'MUST ATTACK SQUISHY', while keeping them just enough out of range to force them to try and move.

I mean I can see why the stuff was put in, with how we used to be able to beat UBs without even a single fuckin' issue, but it still feels dumb.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Because it's fantastically useful to lock things, generally. Bosses too. It's really only going to be an issue for another few weeks until the lock and dodge revamp.

Is this coming at the same time as the rework of the resist formula? So many exciting nerd numbers getting pushed around, I can't wait.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Lock, dodge, resistances and mounts are purportedly all coming in or around the same patch. But that's Ankama schedule, so.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Wait, I didn't realize Wakfu had raiding content. What're the group sizes? I'm still flailing around trying to figure out what to play. :negative:

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
Megaboss group sizes are still six. It (was? is?) possible for two more solo players to join a full group already in battle as long as they're still in the prep countdown. There's been murmurings about multigroup content sometime way off in the future, though.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Wait, I didn't realize Wakfu had raiding content. What're the group sizes? I'm still flailing around trying to figure out what to play. :negative:

I was poking around and exploring Brakmar the other day and stumbled across the Gobbalrog dungeon. I think its rated at being lvl 115, must be at least lvl 90 to enter. Outside of the instance there is a machine with raid gear for tokens. Something like 6 tokens each for 4 seperate pieces of gear. I imagine there is a similar dungeon for each country

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

To be clear about the current locking invincibility band-aid, you need to lock the boss a certain number of times in a row without it dodging once before it occurs. You'll need loads and loads of lock to do this in most cases (basically, be a Feca with a very specific build and gearset) so don't worry about it much.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

To be clear about the current locking invincibility band-aid, you need to lock the boss a certain number of times in a row without it dodging once before it occurs. You'll need loads and loads of lock to do this in most cases (basically, be a Feca with a very specific build and gearset) so don't worry about it much.

Does it have to dodge, or just move? Would it be possible to still trivialize UBs by making a Feca with that build/gear, then having a sacrier or someone else who can move you pull you away after two locks, then run back up after the boss moves, to repeat it?

Because if the UB only had one move for every three it should, that'd still make it a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Does it have to dodge, or just move? Would it be possible to still trivialize UBs by making a Feca with that build/gear, then having a sacrier or someone else who can move you pull you away after two locks, then run back up after the boss moves, to repeat it?

Because if the UB only had one move for every three it should, that'd still make it a lot easier.

It's triggered by consecutive locks in a row. If the boss doesn't get locked in a turn the counter resets. It'd probably still be possible to abuse as you say but if you mess it up or forget the boss will go invincible. It is, after all, just a band-aid.

• Locked thread