Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
They did a complete class revamp on them and the Cra. Their writeup on the changes presented them as buffs, but as I don't play either class I have no clue whether that's true or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Valatar posted:

They did a complete class revamp on them and the Cra. Their writeup on the changes presented them as buffs, but as I don't play either class I have no clue whether that's true or not.

Took me a while trying to find the Cra info, but I can't find any of the Iop stuff before I got distracted. Anyone have a link?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's on their front page. :effort:

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/430436-class-revamp-new-iop-coming

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I... I went through the devblogs and patchnotes :psyduck:

Edit: Ok I learnt my lesson. Wakfu asia has them under news, not devblog/updates and I never scrolled down. Ignore me

Dackel fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 16, 2015

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
If we're on Nox, and have a guild, who should I send a tell to for an invite?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Ankama's April Fools joke was that they were opening a theme park in France for all things Ankama. It's just about hilariously stupid enough to be genuine considering the source, so well played I guess! :downsbravo:

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Is there still an active goon presence in this game?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I think there might be a handful skulking around Nox, but Phaeris is almost certainly dead. Wakfu itself isn't looking terribly healthy these days anyways, with its F2P red giant phase well past it and it not exactly being a stellar use of time to begin with. There are mutterings all over the forums about server merges. I will probably play again briefly if that becomes reality, but in the meantime most of us Phaeris goons are just chillin'.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
There were a bunch of us on Nox as of a few months ago and it generally is/was considered the new lively server. I think a lot of people are waiting for that thing to come out where you can use your alts as party members, though - I know I am.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Apparently the spell deck rework is out. Is anyone playing Wakfu to appreciate it? Who knows!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

All signs point to no

Gealar
May 2, 2013
I logged in last night to respec and try out the spell deck on my two characters. I thought it was going to be a spell rework only. They made changes to health gain and the damage stats you earn when leveling up. So far I really like the changes to the Iop. The Feca I need some more time with to get the hang of.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've been trying to get my crap reorganized after the big skill swap, but about a third of my stuff is still in French. I'm certain I could puzzle my way through it, but :effort: So instead I'm waiting for them to patch the proper language into the client.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I fired up the game after seeing the words "spell rework" and oh god I don't remember how anything works and don't know how to respec my characters and :supaburn:

Kinda afraid to leave the respec room with any of them, maybe I'll just stick with my ecaflip for a while if I play the game again. Earth/Water eca is kinda hard to mess up.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
The concept is good but the elemental spells still have to be painstakingly leveled. They need to just steal Diablo 3's method already.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Does anyone still play this? I just rerolled on Remington since my old account was locked (even though Ankama said the account wasn't locked...) Their support is painfully slow so I figured it'd be quicker to just remake.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
You never really STOP playing Wakfu.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

SoggyGravy posted:

You never really STOP playing Wakfu.

I guess my followup to that is if Phaeris is dead or not; I remember it having not a lot of players when I played last, meanwhile Remington is pretty active

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I play on Nox, ingame as Soggygravy if you want to mess about although most of my guys are lvl 60 and don't have any higher lvl.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 7, 2015

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I just came back to Wakfu and at first they had a connection issue that prevented me from joining from Steam. When they finally fixed it I joined and tried to do some dungeons and there's a bug that prevents your knight sidekick to join the fights so I died. I missed ya Wakfu!

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

I guess my followup to that is if Phaeris is dead or not; I remember it having not a lot of players when I played last, meanwhile Remington is pretty active

Phaeris is a corpse and even we diehards have left it to rot

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Phaeris is a corpse and even we diehards have left it to rot

rip

Remington is cool I suppose so I'll be playing on it for a bit. New ecaflip is pretty cool

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Today, on Ankama Publishes An Online Video Game That Isn't Dofus:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/19/wakfu-rolls-back-eu-server-to-june/

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Today, on Ankama Publishes An Online Video Game That Isn't Dofus:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/19/wakfu-rolls-back-eu-server-to-june/

Holy gently caress.... seriously??? I'm kinda glad I'm not playing Wakfu anymore...

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I was shocked when I saw a new post, now I'm almost dead from laughing.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I would say a four month rollback was stunning if I hadn't seen equally stupefying management decisions on a quarterly basis for the last 4-odd years from this same company. Dofus truly succeeded in spite of Ankama, not due to them, and without that entrenched playerbase I'm pretty sure they'd self immolate doing stuff like this in a matter of months.

Nonetheless it cracks me up imagining them laying off their entire IT and services department and really having no idea what amalgamation of substances held their lovely amalgamation of an MMO together. The fact that they grew aware of the lack of backup capacity a short while before this happens means that they must have made some hilarious calculus about how it was not a significant enough issue to immediately cease all other activities and fix. :downsbravo:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
lol wow.
This is depressing on so many levels, but also amazing because no one noticed it.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

This is a couple days old, but Ankama have outlined their plans for Wakfu, Dofus, and the whole Krozmoz universe. They also announced some new Wakfu content, season 3 of the show, and a port of Dofus for tablets that uses a F2P model.

Tot posted:

I know that deep down most of you are proud of our projects and support us in them, but I have to say that the recurring vicious attacks in the forums tend to dampen our enthusiasm somewhat.

Wakfu team posted:

Dupe scandals, rollbacks, bugs and connection issues are all something we’re trying to remedy and prevent from happening again. And as we also work with you, the Community (as a team), we want to thank you for your reports, feedback and suggestions to help us not only with the ultimate process of squashing bugs but also with helping to make the World of Twelve a place where you can feel at home!

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I didn't think Wakfu S2 was as well-made as S1 (at one point in S2 the show itself called out its own tendency to forget the plot), but I'm all for more seasons anyway. The vast majority of Dofus/Wakfu stuff I've watched has been great. The Dofus show is cute as hell, and Wakfu S1 was like a season-length Miyazaki movie. :3:

Haven't been playing much in any of my few installed MMOs lately, including Wakfu. Still hope this weird little game manages to live in spite of its fuckups; this and Project Gorgon are probably the most creative MMOs I've seen in ages.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I found Nox to be one of the more interesting villains in an animated series in a while, and the S1 episodes that weren't filler were really quite good. He had a very good tragic story and I really felt for him in the last episode. The Miyazaki special episode is well worth a watch even if you have no further interest in the show, if only for the gorgeous animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fI2RS-Clnw

I haven't finished season 2 as I got bogged down in some of the filler episodes, but it's decent enough and I'm definitely excited for season 3.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Saw this just came up in my Steam queue. I played it when it was in beta like five years ago and quit after I got really confused about what to actually do in the game. Do goons still play it?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Dear horrid people who lack common sense and do not value their time correctly,

There are a handful of us playing this again on Remington at the moment because we have low impulse control. If you are stupid like us and want to steal the bread out of our guild bank while we watch Saltybet/GOP Debates and yell at each other for loving up Nomad please let me know. It's as fun as it sounds.

-A Stupid Goon

IGN Fat And Useless

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fat and Useless posted:

Dear horrid people who lack common sense and do not value their time correctly,

There are a handful of us playing this again on Remington at the moment because we have low impulse control. If you are stupid like us and want to steal the bread out of our guild bank while we watch Saltybet/GOP Debates and yell at each other for loving up Nomad please let me know. It's as fun as it sounds.

-A Stupid Goon

IGN Fat And Useless

i swear the game changes nomad to sedentary after i look at it, honest

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012
I want to give this game a shot, played something to about level 12 and I'm having fun so far. Playing on Remington and I can never seem to catch you while you're on Fat and Useless.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Nice Guy posted:

I want to give this game a shot, played something to about level 12 and I'm having fun so far. Playing on Remington and I can never seem to catch you while you're on Fat and Useless.

That's because we all quit. Again.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012

Fat and Useless posted:

That's because we all quit. Again.

That stinks. I'm just having fun right now exploring a new world and I totally dig the art. Should I stick with Remington or go with Nox since I'm in the USA? I've been leveling a feca/eni/enu all separately but i might just throw down :20bux: and run them all together. Is there not a single goon playing this game?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They play this game and then quit after a few weeks. The game gets very grindy after the initial fun wears off.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Nice Guy posted:

That stinks. I'm just having fun right now exploring a new world and I totally dig the art. Should I stick with Remington or go with Nox since I'm in the USA? I've been leveling a feca/eni/enu all separately but i might just throw down :20bux: and run them all together. Is there not a single goon playing this game?

Remington is the most populated, and it's pretty dead.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Nice Guy posted:

Remington is decently active, but there's a pretty big reddit/vg presence on Nox if you don't mind playing with them. Lag wise the client is just a giant POS sometimes so either server you need to restart it from time to time.

I was running the 3 characters with Fat and it's definitely worth it, though you should try Sadida instead of the Eni and a higher DPS than the Enu, like a rogue, ihop, fogger, or xelor. With the hero slots your lowest character has 3x XP permanently so it's really easy to switch one around and see if you like another class instead. Mind you this really isn't needed, just something that can make the game a little easier. Feel free to stick with those 3 if you like them, I can vouch for Enu & Feca being a lot of fun.

We really stopped because we're bad people and get distracted easily rather than it no longer being fun, there's a pretty long ways to go before the grind ruins you.

edit :

Fat and Useless posted:

Remington is the most populated, and it's pretty dead.

Let me rephrase "Decently active for Wakfu"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Hey look it's Wakfu's steam activity graph!

Not depicted: Phaeris

• Locked thread