Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Cub Swanson? Ricardo Lamas? Kelvin "Kevin" Gastelum? Clint Hester? Ellen Burger?

There are some people we all might actually enjoy watching fight on this card. June 28th may yet redeem itself.

When: June 28th, 2014. Prelims - 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT. Main Card - 10pm ET/7pm PT
Where: San Antonio, Texas
How: Fox Sports 1 (+1 on Fight Pass)

Goonweight Grand Prix Stuff

"we rented a bear costume for this fight and we're going to get our money's worth, dammit"

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Oleksiy Oliynyk on the fightpass prelims is a 37 year old Ukrainian heavyweight who is a veteran of KSW, BodogFight, M-1, YAMMA, Bellator AND Oplot.

He has wins over the legendary Mirko CroCop (in november last year), Thiago "Big Monster" Santos (november 2009) and Jeff Monson (June last year).

He also has losses to Chael Sonnen (in 2006), Chris Tuscheher (lol) and Jeff Monson (March 2012).

He is Z-League incarnate.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope Colton Smith gets knocked out

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope Colton Smith gets knocked out

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can anybody tell me how joe ellenberger manages to pay for the most expensive medication on earth in order to not die of a weird blood disease while fighting at this level

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can anybody tell me how joe ellenberger manages to pay for the most expensive medication on earth in order to not die of a weird blood disease while fighting at this level

If i remember correctly he said on the MMARoasted podcast that the treatment was either partially or fully covered on his insurance.

Heres the episode in question

https://m.soundcloud.com/mmaroasted/joe-ellenberger-and-amber-nicole-miller

Demon Theory
Feb 1, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Obamacare! but seriously his insurance does, it also seems like he gets some help from a rare disease group. Unless you are a business mogul or born rich I don't think much people could pay ~440K a year. He would have to be champion to even think about affording it without insurance, not even taking into account taxes.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I totally forgot that there were two Ellenbergers.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Lid posted:

Oleksiy Oliynyk on the fightpass prelims is a 37 year old Ukrainian heavyweight who is a veteran of KSW, BodogFight, M-1, YAMMA, Bellator AND Oplot.

He has wins over the legendary Mirko CroCop (in november last year), Thiago "Big Monster" Santos (november 2009) and Jeff Monson (June last year).

He also has losses to Chael Sonnen (in 2006), Chris Tuscheher (lol) and Jeff Monson (March 2012).

He is Z-League incarnate.

You got close to getting it and then missed the fact that he's the owner of Oplot and the master of the no gi Ezekiel choke

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
These two GDTs have been pretty good. I approve. Now I'm off to smoke some moonajuana.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Demon Theory posted:

Obamacare! but seriously his insurance does, it also seems like he gets some help from a rare disease group. Unless you are a business mogul or born rich I don't think much people could pay ~440K a year. He would have to be champion to even think about affording it without insurance, not even taking into account taxes.

that's really good. the ufc insurance or did he have a job?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Moontasri straight up murdered a guy in RFA about 3 weeks ago, I guess he's coming in on really short notice but he could be someone to watch.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Kudos for Good intro posts for both of these cards, easily accessible information and no pictures of some goon's favorite porkrinds covered in deep fried ice cream or whatever that stupid poo poo is supposed to be.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Kudos for Good intro posts for both of these cards, easily accessible information and no pictures of some goon's favorite porkrinds covered in deep fried ice cream or whatever that stupid poo poo is supposed to be.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Fights have started.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
TIME FOR OPLOT!

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

All 14 fans in the crowd are loving this

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Oplot supremacy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
OPLOT REPRESENT!!!

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Wow. That was impressive

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Fight delivered.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Where's your god now Greg Jackson.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't nearly as cool as what I got

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I whipped out my iPad in time to see him walking about and Jon Anik trying to talk up Cub Swanson. :smith:

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

This interview is loving awful

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I whipped out my iPad in time to see him walking about and Jon Anik trying to talk up Cub Swanson. :smith:

That fight reminded me of Fujita/Kurtanidze for some reason.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Holy poo poo more Heidi Androl

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

Heidi and Colton Smith, the absolute worst

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
UFC is all about pushing weird videos via social media for this card...
https://www.facebook.com/UFC/posts/10152491590641276

outy
Aug 27, 2004

This little Borg chap can loving move.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That was quick.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Liked Borg in Orlando, and drat, he is rad as heck

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

TazMexican Devil

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rener couldn't wait to figure out what that Oplot submission was. Turns out Oliynyk was choking the dude out with that hold, not just neck cranking.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152495265434076&set=vb.141441324075&type=2&theater

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

That's a really cool video

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rener couldn't wait to figure out what that Oplot submission was. Turns out Oliynyk was choking the dude out with that hold, not just neck cranking.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152495265434076&set=vb.141441324075&type=2&theater

Well that's fun

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Mike Dyce posted:

"It was not a neck crank despite what they announced." - Oliynyk

"It’s actually a position that attacks the diaphragm and makes it very difficult for your opponent to breath." - Oliynyk

"Eventually he was forced to tap due to lack of air. I’m very happy with the win & I look forward to my next bout." -Oliynyk

"I didn’t tap because of any pain in my neck it was the pressure on my chest." -Hamilton confirming what Oliynyk said

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
gently caress I missed the Borg fight. That dude is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

USA USA USA

I credit soccer with this resurgence in national pride during a prelim fight no one cares about

• Locked thread