Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Reading the OP didn't occur to you I guess.

Fight pass was telling me the other card was "live", hence my confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

They were just showing some tweet Dana White sent out saying that the ref ruined the fight. That is a super douchey move, right? Like, no other commissioner in a major sport would call out a ref, let alone a sport where a shitload of people are looking to gamble their money on fights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

They were just showing some tweet Dana White sent out saying that the ref ruined the fight. That is a super douchey move, right? Like, no other commissioner in a major sport would call out a ref, let alone a sport where a shitload of people are looking to gamble their money on fights.

He is entitled to his bad opinions. The other commissioners are too concerned with image to say what they think.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
No other head of a sports organization has "Boxercise Instructor" featured on their resume either, so, don't expect much

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Colton already setting up the fake glove tap.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
whittaker earned my unending loyalty for beating the living poo poo out of colton smith i loving hate this man

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Hey Colton Smith, wasn't that guy in the army or something? I wish they'd tell us more about his experience.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Judo!

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah I expected about as much from a guy who posts bench press videos, but it can't be good to poo poo on any part of your product. I dont venture into the UFC section of the pagoda often, so I had to say something about it.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
HAHAHAHA

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
here lies colton smith

he never scored

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
loving owned

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

hilarious

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
LOL YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Dirp
May 16, 2007
hahaha gently caress you colton smith you piece of poo poo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
YESSSS!!!!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

WHAT WE DO IS EASY, GETTING CHOKED OUT IS EASY

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Amazing.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
That's a pretty good impression.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Stimulus posted:

if colton smith is ko'd all is forgiven

Close enough

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yessssss

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
good poo poo

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
And with that loss Colton drops to 3-4. Aaaahahahahahah

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Colton Smith may have made a bad decision quitting his job for that.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The greatest feel good fight of all time.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Stealth Tiger posted:

Yeah I expected about as much from a guy who posts bench press videos, but it can't be good to poo poo on any part of your product. I dont venture into the UFC section of the pagoda often, so I had to say something about it.

Maybe you already know this, but the UFC doesn't employ the refs in the United States. Athletic commissions supply them. He's got dumb opinions, but it's not quite the same as making GBS threads on your own employees.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He is entitled to his bad opinions. The other commissioners are too concerned with image to say what they think.

Also in other major sports the officials are employees of the league

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

haha. bitch.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

He is a promoter too. How many times have you heard a coach poo poo on reffing? The only reason they don't do it more is because the league will fine the poo poo out of them.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
THAT WAS EASY! THAT RIGHT THERE, TAPPING OUT COLTON SMITH, THAT'S EASY!

FIGHTING ACTUAL PEOPLE, THAT'S HARD!

edit: drat, didn't see maffew's post :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Plus Dana is way better at bro hugs than Roger Goddell

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

colton smith is my favorite hated fighter because he has the decency to always get embarrassed

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Anyone know what that throw would called? It looked a bit like osoto gari to me but I feel that isn't quite right.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
What's with all the Colton Smith hate? Is it from TUF?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

maffew buildings posted:

Plus Dana is way better at bro hugs than Roger Goddell

The questions is really whether he or Adam Silver wears their bald better.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lungboy posted:

He's bad, boring and a dick. There is no redeeming quality to Colton Smith.

e: except his spectacular losses

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Lungboy posted:

look at the guy. you can stop there.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Adam Silver's ears are the size of dinner plates. He ought to grow out the skullet to hide them

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Do you prefer anthropomorphic eggs or Nosferatu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
OMFG HEAVYWEIGHTS!!!

• Locked thread