Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
It would be nice if they would let you know when they're making a joke or about to make a joke or just made a joke, because I tried watching like six episodes of it and maybe somebody edited out the humorous parts of it or something??? It's like Sports Night without the sports and usually night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Season one blows

the other seasons are okay

but only okay, really

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

what it really needs is a laugh track so i know when to laugh

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

I liked the jean ralphio character

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

i'd bang the one chick

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh look at the sheep who needs a laugh track to be told what's funny. Maybe you'd feel more at home with some multicam sitcom like the big bang theory where the sound of people long dead can brainwash your feeble mind into thinking something is funny. Those people are all dead lowtax and the humour died with them and so did America but keep living the fantasy

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I only laugh when I become sexually excited by Aubrey Plaza.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

El Mike-o posted:

what it really needs is a laugh track so i know when to laugh
I was thinking like a graphic of a flashing alarm and a siren goes off as the text "INCOMING HUMOR" flashes

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Are you sure it's a comedy?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

mookface posted:

Oh look at the sheep who needs a laugh track to be told what's funny. Maybe you'd feel more at home with some multicam sitcom like the big bang theory where the sound of people long dead can brainwash your feeble mind into thinking something is funny. Those people are all dead lowtax and the humour died with them and so did America but keep living the fantasy
Listen buddy, I'm just trying to enjoy a television comedy show beloved by the internet, if you're going to pepper me with sarcasm then I'd just rather you save your acerbic wit for jumping into a loving trashcan with the rest of the garbage because you are garbage

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

big surprise kyanka doesn't like shows with positive female leads

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Barack Obama's favorite contemporary television comedic series: not very good, actually

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lowtax if you don't like Ron Swanson I've lost all faith in you supreme ludder.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
season one sucks throughout

it picks up during season 2 and once Rob Lowe and Adam Scott show up it's pretty much smooth sailing from there. it shakes off the The Office dynamic and becomes a pretty good, funny, upbeat show

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

SilkyP posted:

big surprise kyanka doesn't like shows with positive female leads
I'll tell you where I'd positively lead her................... hehe......................................

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Kazvall posted:

Lowtax if you don't like Ron Swanson I've lost all faith in you supreme ludder.
no I admit, he was the only funny thing I enjoyed on it

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lowtax posted:

no I admit, he was the only funny thing I enjoyed on it

your ludders are safe

for now

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIeP798hiQ

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
mmmm yess network situational comedy is generally unfunny and horrible, very enlightening indeed *scribbles notes furiously onto a scrap of paper and saves it in his wallet for emergency recall*

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

watch football and drink beer

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I like it and think it's funny. :shobon:

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599388

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
watch Modern Family instead, at least you have Al Bundy getting poo poo from a hot foreign Peg

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Whirlwind Jones posted:

then good for you and god bless, Whirlwind Jones, cause of my many meltdowns

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Whirlwind Jones posted:

me too

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
I remember I used to love Sports Night but now that they're showing reruns on FXX I can't figure out why I enjoyed it at all.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

maybe you should stick to 2 broke girls

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Anime Device posted:

maybe you should stick to 2 broke girls
I'll tell you what I'd like to stick to 2 broke girls......................

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
Ron Swanson is a libertarian and also a government employee. Now laugh.

I do like seasons 2-4ish. Not as good it's big brother The Office but still pretty funny at times.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
I have not watched the TV show but there is a poster of your own very own forums who may be able to explain the show so you can appreciate it http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=118075

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hey OP i suggest laughing at the jokes

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what season you at lowtax

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
thats how i feel about most of the threads in gbs op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

have you yet experienced the sugar slam

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

little sebastian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zzulu posted:

Season one blows

the other seasons are okay

but only okay, really

yea

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Not sure about Ron Swanson being a Libertarian because you never see him around a Library in any of the episodes. If you want to see a funny Tv show about a Librarian you should watch the "Raffi and Dirty Randy" episode of The League. It's the best example of Librarian Internet Humor on the Something Awful Humor eXchange and everyone should find it on the internet and share it illegally.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ron swanson and aziz ansari's character made that show, but tbh I only watched it whenever my roomates had it on

now that I've seen the finale and they've stopped watching it I'll probably never watch it again

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
is it worth watching the show mostly just for april ludgate? i think i rnadomly watched the first 2-3 episodes late one night and it didnt seem like a bad show.

i bet adam scott is actually really chill irl even though he looks like/comes off as if he may be a massive douche in most his roles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I like the cast, there aren't many weak performers in there. And I'm really attracted to Rashida Jones soooo

• Locked thread