Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Grobbit posted:

I had a batch of keys in a recent email as well, knock yourselves out goons.

DEGUME-953-JOGOTE-031
BEPOME-971-BAWOTE-021
FACUFA-351-GADACE-230

Again they are for the Nosgoth site and I assume you link your steam account after getting in.

Took the third one, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Here's another steam code, courtesy of the Humble Bundle Square Enix pack: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=FvBH47kRNswpftpP

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Big update today, the first step towards the overhaul of matchmaking and parties. The new matchmaking system is not live yet, but we are rolling out the beta of the new party server which should alleviate most of the issues with partying up.

quote:

User Interface
Interface Update
- The Frontend UI has been overhauled for a cleaner, more functional experience.
- Please report any severe bugs on the forum!
Store
- New, more space efficient display for better browsing
- Weapons and Skins can now be previewed in 3D by clicking on the "Eye" icon for eligible items
- Sales are now supported and will begin appearing soon!
Armory
- 3D preview is now the default view and will show your current loadout, including equipped weapons and skins.
- Rewards for Class Leveling now shown on Class Info page.

Party System Beta Test
New Party Server
- We are rolling out the first pass at our new Party system backend.
- This replaces the existing Party backend with a faster, more reliable system that should make partying up a much smoother experience.
- This is a public BETA of the system and THERE ARE BUGS! Please report issues you encounter on the forum, and see the known issues list below. We intend to rapidly hotfix major problems with this system.
Party Balancing
- In significantly unbalanced matches, player parties will now be split up amongst teams to achieve a better balance. This will only happen if the average rank of one team is at least 10 ranks higher than that of their opponents, and will typically only affect larger parties (3-4 people). You will be notified in lobby chat when this occurs.
- Parties will still be kept together in all other circumstances. You will not be split up against evenly matched opponents.

Matchmaking and Team Balancing
Team Deathmatch Level Requirement
- The primary "Team Deathmatch" Playlist now requires Rank 3 to queue up for. New players must play in "New Recruit" until they achieve that rank.
Matchmaking Tweaks
- While the full overhaul to Matchmaking is not ready yet, we have made a few small changes to place more emphasis on finding a match of players close to your Rank.
- Intermission time between matches has been reduced to 30 seconds from 60.

The Fane
Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue preventing some abilities and other actions like Execution from functioning correctly inside the center of the map
- Fixed miscellaneous collision issues

Deceiver
Infect
- Reduced impact damage to 205 (was 225) and DoT damage to 200 (was 250)
Phase
- Phase is now more visible than before to enemies

Reaver
Sweeping Kick
- Damage increased to 400 (was 375)
- Now pushes enemies backwards while they stumble
- Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds (was 10)
Leap Attack
- Damage reduced to 200-350 (was 225-422)

Tyrant
Charge, Marathon
- Tyrant now has a latent telekinetic "shield" effect while charging to indicate that he will deflect incoming projectiles like Bolas while Charging.

Prophet
Eldritch Guard
- Cooldown increased to 20 seconds (was 15)
- Duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10)
- Shield reduced to 325 (was 350)
- Fixed a bug causing the tooltip to show 0 Shield Amount

Known Issues
- Infrequently, the host of a party may not see the invited player in their party list in the UI.
- If two players quit an active game and form a party, the party host can matchmake successfully but the client may encounter difficulties.
- Closing Nosgoth via Windows (or alt-F4, etc.) while in a party may cause adverse effects. For now, as long as you quit via the in-game Exit prompts, you will correctly leave your party.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Cool! Looking forward to trying the new matchmaking.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Well, 3 times I tried to play and 3 times in a row the game APPCRASH'd during the "Finding best match..." of matchmaking. Is this a problem or am I specifically hosed? I cannot play the game at the moment.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

The Crusher posted:

Well, 3 times I tried to play and 3 times in a row the game APPCRASH'd during the "Finding best match..." of matchmaking. Is this a problem or am I specifically hosed? I cannot play the game at the moment.

That is the first I've heard of that. Can you grab a crash dump file and send it to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com? The dumps are in My Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\Logs\

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

icking fudiot posted:

That is the first I've heard of that. Can you grab a crash dump file and send it to urgentnosgoth@psyonix.com? The dumps are in My Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\Logs\

Sure, I will. 4th time was the charm and I got into a game, but I changed it from All regions to US West as the only difference.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

The Crusher posted:

Sure, I will if it occurs again. 4th time was the charm and I got into a game, but I changed it from All regions to US West as the only difference. Will give it to ya if I can.

You should have some leftovers in there from the previous crash.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

icking fudiot posted:

You should have some leftovers in there from the previous crash.

Just realized haha. Sending it over.
Edit: Sent as an attachment. Thanks. I'll keep at it and see if there are any more occurences. I will note that the one game I joined into had a 0 / 0 score on the first round and a 5 / 30 score on the second round. I joined for the last 2 minutes. Never seen that happen before.

The Crusher fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 5, 2014

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
The party system seems to sort of work, but it isn't smooth... but anything is better than the old way of inviting and praying.

However, shitlords using aim-bots and the occasional speed hack seem rather common and its really draining the fun out of playing random matches.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Mr. Owl posted:

The party system seems to sort of work, but it isn't smooth... but anything is better than the old way of inviting and praying.

However, shitlords using aim-bots and the occasional speed hack seem rather common and its really draining the fun out of playing random matches.

Still ironing out the kinks on ye olde party server.

Said shitlords should suffer the wrath of VAC ban soon.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
This is really retarded how much EVERY game is bugged now that one side is permanently stuck with 3 players and never being able to get a 4th. This is the sort of poo poo that once the free weekend comes will throw people completely off the game. That and the still not fully functioning party system.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
Just got a few keys sent to me so it's time to share some goon love. If you really can't wait till the open beta here are three keys. First come first serve, but please say which ones you took.

NECODE-373-JOWOCA-005
FEBUDA-251-GATODE-200
BEGUFE-923-GALOBE-235

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone is down to try testing the new party fixes, I'll be in the CTS mumble.

Drone Incognito posted:

Just got a few keys sent to me so it's time to share some goon love. If you really can't wait till the open beta here are three keys. First come first serve, but please say which ones you took.

FEBUDA-251-GATODE-200

This one is taken now. Thank you!

Parties not working as far as I can tell. Heavy pistols better than vamp melee though.

This game turns to poo poo unless you have premade group outside the first ten levels. have fun with 30-2 lockouts.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 7, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Verdict on Party Fixes: ...Maybe? We had some trouble at first but later it seemed to working without an issue. Inconclusive.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

Verdict on Party Fixes: ...Maybe? We had some trouble at first but later it seemed to working without an issue. Inconclusive.

We're rolling out a new party server tomorrow morning that may resolve lingering issues. Having some issues authenticating via Steam, but we have a workaround.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

icking fudiot posted:

We're rolling out a new party server tomorrow morning that may resolve lingering issues. Having some issues authenticating via Steam, but we have a workaround.

Cool. Good luck with the free weekend! I dunno if it's in the works but I'd suggest some sort of UI dongle to show Party Server Connection Status and a button to refresh it/reconnect. Though hopefully it's so seamless in the future that it isn't required.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Free weekend is up, good time to start out with a bunch of other new people.

Parties are still broken.

No way to leave a broken party available, how do you leave a party without quitting.

Even if you get into a group, groups are dumped in the engine.

Gotta quit between failed invites because the matchmaking is broken.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 8, 2014

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
NABUME-707-BOWONA-03*
NENOFE-725-JOGAVA-21*
NACOFA-375-JOYODA-23*
NANOME-207-BOBOCA-03*
PAWUFA-757-BOYANE-00*
DEBOMA-355-GAWOBE-20*
NAWUME-755-BONOTE-02*
PEXOLE-275-COLODE-20*
BEJUFA-777-COBAPA-22*
NENOFE-927-CABOBA-21*

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This poo poo is in alpha mode if people can't actually play together. Me and a friend tried 3 hours to get in the same party, didn't work.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I like the gameplay but, just like L4D versus, it sucks to play with random dudes. Too bad none of my friends are interested. Oh well.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I've played this game a lot the last couple of days and I love it so much and pretty much everyone I know likes it. That's pretty rare.

Everything about it is great, looks great, feels great to play, easy to learn/hard to master, tons of room for strategy even in the TDM gamemode, etc etc... I think it's going to be pretty big.

It's great to watch too which is a pretty big deal in the age of esports/streaming.

THE PWNER fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 8, 2014

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Hi, Nosgoth alpha tester here. I should probably have more but I don't remember where they are.

FEGOFA-705-BAZOCU-231
BEJOLA-225-JAVOVO-215
CEPOME-907-COMOCO-025

These are from like June, I think they still might be good, I didn't see a date.

PS I have never seen a community bitch and moan about stupid poo poo as much as the Nosgoth community. "My team lost because we went up against a party of 4! FIX IT PYSNOIX!!1" When I first started out and there was like, one or two games going at any time during prime time and you took what you could get. If that meant fighting the top players at the time, it's what you did, and it made you better for it. These new party system changes are a reflection on that and it kind of irks me. I've never seen people act this way in a game before.

I'm also getting pretty sick of people saying the game is pay to win when you can unlock abilities after a couple games. Never mind that most of the base poo poo is perfectly fine. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hate everyone everywhere.

edit: vvvvvvvvv I haven't spent a dime on this game. I hope you're being facetious vvvvvvvvvv

Dazh fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 8, 2014

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Dazh posted:

Hi, Nosgoth alpha tester here. I should probably have more but I don't remember where they are.

FEGOFA-705-BAZOCU-231
BEJOLA-225-JAVOVO-215
CEPOME-907-COMOCO-025

These are from like June, I think they still might be good, I didn't see a date.

PS I have never seen a community bitch and moan about stupid poo poo as much as the Nosgoth community. "My team lost because we went up against a party of 4! FIX IT PYSNOIX!!1" When I first started out and there was like, one or two games going at any time during prime time and you took what you could get. If that meant fighting the top players at the time, it's what you did, and it made you better for it. These new party system changes are a reflection on that and it kind of irks me. I've never seen people act this way in a game before.

I'm also getting pretty sick of people saying the game is pay to win when you can unlock abilities after a couple games. Never mind that most of the base poo poo is perfectly fine. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hate everyone everywhere.

if you can buy items w/ cash that aren't cosmetic it's pay to win sorry for your buyers remorse

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So I got surprised with the Warband pack by a friend and already gave out the invites, but I have a question. How do I actually reserve a warband name? I mean that's what Warband Name Reservation means, right? Set it now, ensure it can't be taken?

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 8, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

wuat posted:

if you can buy items w/ cash that aren't cosmetic it's pay to win sorry for your buyers remorse

I find the definition of pay-to-win as "Can skip some grind by using real money" to be utterly useless as a label because that's pretty much all Free-to-Play games. Pay-to-Win only really has meaning if what you buy with your real money is A) A significant upgrade compared to ingame currency items and B) unobtainable by non-paying players. MWO's Clan Mechs are a prime example, being both exclusively premium and a straight upgrade in all aspects compared to "free" mechs.

Nosgoth ain't pay-to-win, guy. hth

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
It surprises me what people think "Pay to win" means. Did you pay real money for it and does it give you a noticeable (or any) edge over others? Thats pay to win.

But ugh, :shrug: I ain't going to convert nobody.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

I find the definition of pay-to-win as "Can skip some grind by using real money" to be utterly useless as a label because that's pretty much all Free-to-Play games. Pay-to-Win only really has meaning if what you buy with your real money is A) A significant upgrade compared to ingame currency items and B) unobtainable by non-paying players. MWO's Clan Mechs are a prime example, being both exclusively premium and a straight upgrade in all aspects compared to "free" mechs.

Nosgoth ain't pay-to-win, guy. hth

if a user spends 15 dollars to unlock all the stupid poo poo on the armory they will be at an advantage against another user of both similar time and skill who hasn't spent any money.
It's pay 2 win

If unlocks don't play a large part in the game, what real reason is there for there to be separate brackets between levels 1-10 and the rest of the game?

Even the OP says

quote:

only available between 1-10, its designed for new players to not get crushed by well geared veterans.

The only things you should be able to buy are cosmetic items ala dota 2 or path of exile, poo poo that doesn't affect gameplay

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

wuat posted:

If unlocks don't play a large part in the game, what real reason is there for there to be separate brackets between levels 1-10 and the rest of the game?

Because people who have played enough to reach level 10 are more experienced at playing the game, know the maps and playstyles, and will stomp newbies. Like any multiplayer game.

Unlocks are sidegrades and playstyle options. I play with default loadout for many classes as it suits my playstyle.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

icking fudiot posted:

Because people who have played enough to reach level 10 are more experienced at playing the game, know the maps and playstyles, and will stomp newbies. Like any multiplayer game.

Unlocks are sidegrades and playstyle options. I play with default loadout for many classes as it suits my playstyle.

Just like sidegrades from battlefield heroes and APB, right?

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

wuat posted:

Just like sidegrades from battlefield heroes and APB, right?

It's nothing like those games at all, but you clearly have an agenda and have made up your mind. Sorry Nosgoth's not the game for you.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

icking fudiot posted:

It's nothing like those games at all, but you clearly have an agenda and have made up your mind. Sorry Nosgoth's not the game for you.

I guess having an opinion that the majority doesn't agree to means I have an agenda, neat!
have fun w/ your 200 player echo chamber i guess

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

wuat posted:

I guess having an opinion that the majority doesn't agree to means I have an agenda, neat!
have fun w/ your 200 player echo chamber i guess

Dude, have you just tried looking at the possible unlocks? They're all just simple trade-offs in the fashion of "more damage for lower RoF/utility" or vice versa. That's generally fairly straightforward to balance, and as of now I haven't seen anything that would be strictly superior to the default versions.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Perestroika posted:

as of now I haven't seen anything that would be strictly superior to the default versions.

Hell, a ton of the defaults are better than the sidegrades. I'll take shadow bomb over choking haze any day.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Hell, a ton of the defaults are better than the sidegrades. I'll take shadow bomb over choking haze any day.

And i disagree and loves me the haze because it drives people out of it in a panic and can do tons of damage if used well! :haw:

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
It's a good ability too, no doubt, but the thing I love with shadow bomb is even if it doesn't land on all the guys (or hell, if it hits no one at all), the smoke itself blocks sight, so you can use it to create a "can't see poo poo" barrier between two people that if they try to cross, fucks their vision up something fierce for a while.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

wuat posted:

if a user spends 15 dollars to unlock all the stupid poo poo on the armory they will be at an advantage against another user of both similar time and skill who hasn't spent any money.
It's pay 2 win

Having the entire armory unlocked does not provide any advantages over other players.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009

Rhjamiz posted:

Having the entire armory unlocked does not provide any advantages over other players.

being able to choose any ability to cater towards the situation def doesn't provide an advantage over somebody that can't, you're completely right my dude

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

wuat posted:

being able to choose any ability to cater towards the situation def doesn't provide an advantage over somebody that can't, you're completely right my dude

No more then TF2 letting you buy the various weapons would. Do you consider TF2 to be P2W also?

Woohoo, I have a bigger ammo clip but do less damage per shot. I'm not magically better just for buying that.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

wuat posted:

The abilities lend themselves to different play-styles, not situations. I struggle to imagine a scenario where the lack of an ability is what loses you the match.

Edit: Like, FOR EXAMPLE, Shadow Bomb and Choking Haze are useful in pretty much the same situation (enemy team is grouped close and defending a small area), but each is useful in a different way. Haze scatters while Shadow Bomb provides cover/blinds, and it really depends on how you or your team prefers to engage rather than one simply being better than the other.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 8, 2014

• Locked thread