Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

drat, those went fast.

Still managed to snag X3XD-M2UD-4ZJZ-9K4C-7PGR :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Woo thanks Higby! I claimed number one, 4GU6-97P6-DHT9-GAF6-4MA4

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

las0m posted:

here are some more codes for you guys. hope you are enjoying hossin!

2D4R-RZTR-NJVJ-M7X3-GMH4

I think I got this one, but it's late and I was frantically keying them in

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

I think I got this one, but it's late and I was frantically keying them in

UCT4-RD24-ARH6-DRA6-9FHA took that I think

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

las0m posted:

here are some more codes for you guys. hope you are enjoying hossin!

I got one in the last set, but I am really enjoying hossin. Map design has been steadily improving with a couple nonsensical experiments weighing a few things down (teleporters taking you like 10 meters away). Personally my favorites are the stuff like the busted up facilities that make those things actually unique.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

quote:

4GU6-97P6-DHT9-GAF6-4MA4
MJ6G-XXEG-376A-2VPG-446G
TZXJ-H6ZJ-AXPK-73E6-H379
P2CZ-XGGZ-466G-RHFA-PVFN

I claimed one of these because i'm not sure which one worked as I copied and pasted them.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Claimed P2CZ-XGGZ-466G-RHFA-PVFN for a golden beamer pistol. Thanks mysterious person. :ssh:

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Took the 2nd code, thanks big Hig.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm loving Hossin so far. My one suggestion would be to make the bio labs different: maybe add some Indar and Esamir biomes inside them. Indar has three biomes (savanna, ocean bed, and canyon) so it'd be cool if some of the bio labs had some sand or ice instead of mini jungle.

In fact I think the big facilities would benefit from more uniqueness among them. There's an amp station on Esamir that has big snow dunes, stuff like that would be great.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Chance posted:

I got one in the last set, but I am really enjoying hossin. Map design has been steadily improving with a couple nonsensical experiments weighing a few things down (teleporters taking you like 10 meters away). Personally my favorites are the stuff like the busted up facilities that make those things actually unique.

I like (read: secretly am super annoyed by) bases that have the two 'spawnrooms' basically on the same lane on the way to the objective. The whole point of the second spawn is to make it so that you have another route to the objective and to make it so that it's very hard to camp both rooms, but there are a handful of bases where the teleporter puts you behind the spawn relative to any cap points, and sometimes even blind to the main spawn to boot. :confused:

I feel like a base should have 2-3 'ideal' sunderer points 120 degrees from each other (in general) (such as garages, well-covered buildings/trees etc), 2-3 'surprise' sunderer points (poorly covered buildings, right next to walls, etc), and 2-3 defensive lanes from spawn to give a good infantry flow. There are a few bases that have tons of sunderer points but only a few (or only a single) defensive lane, and this makes them easy to lock down and impossible to defend, then there are bases with no sunderer points that are impossible to attack.

If it weren't 3 PM I would probably write a sourced thesis :coffee: :effort:

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'm loving Hossin so far. My one suggestion would be to make the bio labs different: maybe add some Indar and Esamir biomes inside them. Indar has three biomes (savanna, ocean bed, and canyon) so it'd be cool if some of the bio labs had some sand or ice instead of mini jungle.

In fact I think the big facilities would benefit from more uniqueness among them. There's an amp station on Esamir that has big snow dunes, stuff like that would be great.

This by a lot. There's that one tech plant on Hossin that has a bridge in the main area; I think that's a great start. Raised bridges in general are great, since you can take the bridges when it's safe, they're high ground against the... uh, ground-ground, and they automatically provide two tactically different routes (high-cover low ground, low cover high ground)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 1, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God those codes disappear as soon as Higby posts 'em. It's like magic.

Meanwhile, Hossin is the best continent because I can sit up in a tree, shoot nerds with the crossbow, and pad my KDR. It's really cathartic. Plus, it trains you for getting spawn beacons in RIDICULOUSLY OBNOXIOUS spots.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Evilreaver posted:

I like (read: secretly am super annoyed by) bases that have the two 'spawnrooms' basically on the same lane on the way to the objective. The whole point of the second spawn is to make it so that you have another route to the objective and to make it so that it's very hard to camp both rooms, but there are a handful of bases where the teleporter puts you behind the spawn relative to any cap points, and sometimes even blind to the main spawn to boot. :confused:

I feel like a base should have 2-3 'ideal' sunderer points 120 degrees from each other (in general) (such as garages, well-covered buildings/trees etc), 2-3 'surprise' sunderer points (poorly covered buildings, right next to walls, etc), and 2-3 defensive lanes from spawn to give a good infantry flow. There are a few bases that have tons of sunderer points but only a few (or only a single) defensive lane, and this makes them easy to lock down and impossible to defend, then there are bases with no sunderer points that are impossible to attack.

If it weren't 3 PM I would probably write a sourced thesis :coffee: :effort:

This by a lot. There's that one tech plant on Hossin that has a bridge in the main area; I think that's a great start. Raised bridges in general are great, since you can take the bridges when it's safe, they're high ground against the... uh, ground-ground, and they automatically provide two tactically different routes (high-cover low ground, low cover high ground)

The really poor teleport placements need to go, just take indar com as the perfect example for all 1 point bases. Spawn room is centrally located with multiple exits--we already have opaque shields the next step is to put it underground.

When your attacking a base you should be encouraged to focus on defending the point not camping the spawn, defenders should be allowed to freely exit then be forced to attack each point. This would focus the fighting instead of making the fight into 1 ball camping the spawn with a few people watching near the point.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Arghy posted:

The really poor teleport placements need to go, just take indar com as the perfect example for all 1 point bases. Spawn room is centrally located with multiple exits--we already have opaque shields the next step is to put it underground.

When your attacking a base you should be encouraged to focus on defending the point not camping the spawn, defenders should be allowed to freely exit then be forced to attack each point. This would focus the fighting instead of making the fight into 1 ball camping the spawn with a few people watching near the point.

The Auger is an example of a poor teleporter. All it does is let you access the vehicle pad and it is right next to the loving spawn room. Heyoka Armory is a great example, since it has the underground tunnels that lead to the warehouse.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Several of the bases on Hossin have the cap point loving MILES away from the spawn room, and the teleport room is like five feet from the spawn. It doesn't help that several chokepoints (some of which are wide open to vehicle spam) are often between spawn and cap to boot. When it's a three point base, that's not a huge issue, but for a single pointer? Ugh. For example, the cap at Hurakan's northern satellite is arguably easier to reach with LAs from Hurakan proper than it is from the spawn there and that's counting the fact that the LA has to fly up a sheer cliff.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 1, 2014

Aaod
May 29, 2004
This might have been mentioned already but one of the generators bugged out tonight on the Northeast Tech plant on Hossin tonight where even after being destroyed would keep shields up. We let the enemy repair it and then destroyed it again to have it still have shields up.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Gonkish posted:

Several of the bases on Hossin have the cap point loving MILES away from the spawn room, and the teleport room is like five feet from the spawn. It doesn't help that several chokepoints (some of which are wide open to vehicle spam) are often between spawn and cap to boot. When it's a three point base, that's not a huge issue, but for a single pointer? Ugh. For example, the cap at Hurakan's northern satellite is arguably easier to reach with LAs from Hurakan proper than it is from the spawn there and that's counting the fact that the LA has to fly up a sheer cliff.

Archaic Supply Station in the top right (or whatever it's called) is a horrible offender of this. You have to cross between buildings AND a road with no cover from tanks, then more buildings. They need jump pads for this poo poo or something, but even those are easily campable.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Hossin loves jump pads and grav lifts and I love putting Claymores at the end of them with my Infil. Got the same guy three times with a Claymore on a jumpad exit on a roof last night and I was disappointed I didn't get an angry tell about it.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

All bases should do this:

There's supposed to be glass you can stand on and look down, but it somehow got removed during the build for live. Anyone running up to get a tank would just fall to their death.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Is there still any EU goon outfits alive?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

hemale in pain posted:

Most EU folks are in GOKU on Emerald now.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

hemale in pain posted:

All EU goons are either in GOKU or GOON on Emerald, just go there.

e: f;b by TT

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Fair enough, my current server does seem really freaking dead. I've not played for awhile and I see they've messed with the hud and made it far more obnoxious, anyway to change back to the old one?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

If you have an amazing accent please join us in GOKU. We have two scotsmen on regularly who fill my ears with haggis and it's wonderful. :getin:

Edit: they made the centralized hud the default, which is inferior to the og one but you can change it in the options.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
Has the PPA been on sale recently? Is it likely to come up for sale soonish?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

If you have an amazing accent please join us in GOKU. We have two scotsmen on regularly who fill my ears with haggis and it's wonderful. :getin:

Edit: they made the centralized hud the default, which is inferior to the og one but you can change it in the options.

I barely have a Scottish accent any more, too much time spent living with English and American people. :smith:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Look at this shitter using the lovely HUD layout. Why would I want all of my pertinent info on the side of my screen when I can have it where I'm looking?

Rabhadh posted:

It's 250 certs, don't waste your real money and just get it with certs.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Rabhadh posted:

The Harrasser one was just on sale last Thursday and the Magrider PPA was last on April 27th. You probably won't see either on sale again for 4-6 months at best. And yeah, just buy the with certs, don't waste actual cash on them.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They pay those certs back real quick, don't worry.

I'm not sure I'll ever see the C85 pay for itself. :cry:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The entertainment value of getting a kill with the C85 cannot be under estimated! Even more of a comedy option than the Duster, it's like a tank mounted Flare Gun.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

But Not Tonight posted:

Look at this shitter using the lovely HUD layout. Why would I want all of my pertinent info on the side of my screen when I can have it where I'm looking?

It's 250 certs, don't waste your real money and just get it with certs.

Look at this scrublord that actually needs to see so called pertinent info. If you can't play with your hud off entirely you can't play. :smugdog:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

Look at this scrublord that actually needs to see so called pertinent info. If you can't play with your hud off entirely you can't play. :smugdog:

Look at this fuckin LOSER that needs to SEE the video game to play. Why don't you come back when you play Daredevil style :smaug:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

But Not Tonight posted:

Look at this fuckin LOSER that needs to SEE the video game to play. Why don't you come back when you play Daredevil style :smaug:

Look at this fuckin' flop that needs to EXIST to play video games. Why don't you come back when you play Schrödinger style. :catdrugs:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Can we get a GOON TR presence now that Matherson merged?

What were those codes for that were posted earlier?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

vigorous sodomy posted:

Golden Pistols, Mr. Scaramanga

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

vigorous sodomy posted:

Hop to it, you seem charistmatic (at least as much as Snuggles) enough to lead it.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

GOON on NC emerald does have a reasonable pop around in the EU evenings and we would be more than glad to have you.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

A Tartan Tory posted:

Golden Pistols, Mr. Scaramanga

My hair is starting to look like his :swoon:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
50Shades is in the process of updating the DA stat site weapon data, so we've finally got some juicy numbers.
  • Terminus VX9: 1 degree up-left vertical at 0.295, 0.2068-0.2218 horizontal (tolerance isn't on the sheet yet), 2.5x FSRM. Slightly worse recoil than the Pulsar but less vertical angle.
  • TORQ-9: 1 degree up-left vertical at 0.29, 0.199-0.199 horizontal, 2.5x FSRM.
  • NC-9 A-Tross: 0.6 degree up-left vertical at 0.414, 0.2-0.2 horizontal, 1.33x FSRM. Less vertical/FSRM than the Reaper, same horizontal (probably has better Tolerance, will ask 50Shades about it).
  • Zenith VX-5: 1 degree up-left vertical at 0.295, 0.2465-0.2748 horizontal, 2.4x FSRM. Bit jumpy.
  • AF-4A Bandit: Straight-up vertical at 0.437, 0.2-0.2 horizontal (must have bad Tolerance though), 1.75x FSRM.
  • HC1 Cougar: Straight-up vertical at 0.35, 0.1875-0.1875 vertical, 1.5x FSRM. Unless Tolerance is different it's identical to the Razor but with more bullets.
  • LC2 Lynx: 2 degree up-left vertical at 0.34, 0.1793-0.1986 horizontal (TORQ probably has better Tolerance), 2x FSRM.
Wish Tolerance were on there but everything else seems to line up with people's expectations. The Lynx/TORQ are accuracy gods for their RPM, the Terminus and Zenith are a bit jumpy compared to equivalent options but still better than a lot of VS choices, the Cougar is a better Razor, and the Tross is apparently just a Reaper with less vertical recoil and better horizontal tolerance (and uh, 1200 more DPM).

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

We tried to run two dedicated TR outfits before but could never drum up enough interest to keep it afloat. I actually play my TR guy often but most of the TR outfits aren't worth the time of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

It might be better for TR/Emerald goons to just find a tolerable pubbie outfit and join them. Unless there are masses of TR goons hiding their shame from the world, there's likely not enough TR players to make a goon-only outfit which would be much fun to play in.

• Locked thread