Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

I can confirm that Hutterites steal things. They also have bomb rear end wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bitchtard posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

If your sense of reality isn't completely warped by how weird the world and people in general can be so that you barely have any idea of where to put the line between reality and fiction, you don't truly understand yet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

it's an urban legend, sorry op

stealing id believe though

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
your buddy should found a startup for this

he already has enough seed money

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
canadian amish glory sheet

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i routinely inseminate your wife for free OP

cucked again

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Hutterites sound like the kind of people who would do the cuckolding if you know what I mean

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

stealing id believe though

Any community of people that feels outside of regular society is going to be the same way. Most are good people and some are poo poo bags. Just like everyone else.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just got a great idea for Delivery Man 2

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Rambling Robot posted:

Elliot Rodger was only a flight away from happiness.

Nuh uh. Too asian.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Isn't extramarital sex immoral in their eyes...?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

bitchtard posted:

Wine they made in their rear end, or wine they made out of rear end?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ashgromnies posted:

Isn't extramarital sex immoral in their eyes...?

In my experience they're this odd cross of Amish and Realist. They have a preferred way of life that doesn't really mesh with the rest of the country, but they're not completely shut off to progress. Extramarital sex isn't good, but it sure beats incest and genetic mutations.

They also have amazing sauerkraut and at least the ones in Montana raise these monster 8lb chickens that are delicious.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

your buddy should found a startup for this

he already has enough seed money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

so this is all just word of mouth stuff

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

splifyphus posted:

so this is all just word of mouth stuff

Amish/Hutterite it's basically a insular fundie group, so the concept of having random english over to plough their daughter through a bedsheet is a great urban myth.

The closest thing to the myth is Rumspringa, which is basically a chance for Amish kids to explore the English world and decide if they still want to stay with the group.

It often involves lots of spring break like behavior and some of the kids decide not to stay with the community after Rumspringa.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

etalian posted:

Amish/Hutterite

Eh, I wouldn't roll the amish and hutterites together like that. They dress similarly, and they both groups are decended from germanic anabaptists, but their lifestyles are very different.

Hutterites use modern technology. They drive trucks. Their farms use all the automated equipment of modern farming. They have cell phones. They use synthetic cloth and the women can wear bright colours. Many now complete 12th grade, unlike Amish who usually stop at 8th grade. They build their own school inside the colony, but have local school boards provide licensed teachers and teach the standard curriculum. They aren't technologically helpless the way some amish kids can be.

The unusual thing about Hutterites is that they are basically communists, and one of the very few examples of communalism being extremely successful in the modern world. Individuals have almost no private property, everything is owned by the colony. One woman may be responsible for buying fabric for the entire colony, and each year every family is allotted X yards of fabric for each family member. Meals are held in a communal dining hall, and usually sex segregated, so you eat your meals as a community rather than a family. The colony owns all the farmland and production facilities, and individuals are assigned to jobs based on aptitude and the needs of the community (quite different from Amish who tend to each have their own family farm). They used to live in communal row houses with rooms allocated based on the size of your family, but apparently these days they mostly live in duplexes.

Years ago I heard the rumors of how they would prevent inbreeding with outcrossing. They didn't pay stud fees though, instead they'd occasionally allow an outsider to live and work in the community for a few weeks or months. If they liked him he'd be allowed to quietly have a relationship with one of the unmarried girls. When she got pregnant he'd be asked to leave, and she would marry a hutterite man. That still sounds pretty far fetched, but not quite as outlandish as a paid stud and a girl under a sheet.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
why would these weirdos not just exchange with weirdos from other stupid religious communes

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Why are people so surprised at this they're literally North Americas Gypsies.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 29, 2014

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm the most blond haired blue eyed man on the planet but I don't want to gently caress 14 year olds so I'm gonna need the OP to ask his coworker if these girls are of age before I move to Canada

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

jalopybrown posted:

why would these weirdos not just exchange with weirdos from other stupid religious communes

Hutterites do marry from other colonies, but since all the Hutterites are descended from the same ~200 founders that still isn't hell of a lot of diversity. Other religions are, well, other religions. Hutterites, mennonites and amish may all look pretty similar to us, but their communities and languages are very different.

Besides, hutterites speak a unique german dialect called Hutterisch. They aren't mutually intelligible to amish nor to germans. As of 2003, there are about 34,000 speakers in the world so not much of a dating pool.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
6 foot tall Aryan living in western Canada. Will check in on potential income streams.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

I thought the op said hittites, and i was like, what?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Why are people so surprised at this they're literally North Americas Gypsies.

There are american gypsies and they are very much not them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fake and gay, theres no black hutterites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fetus Tree posted:

it would b pretty funny to arrange to inseminate one of those women and then when she has the sheet on replace yourself w a black dude

lol

• Locked thread