Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Bay area tech people are a special kind of trash and easily more contemptible than even the shittiest blue-collar shitheels from the deep south or the Dakota oil/gas boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

infernal machines posted:

i think its because it's way easier to write off hicks and blue-collar shitheels as ignorant and uneducated rather than just purely lovely people (they still are). the bay area tech/dark enlightenment crowd have no excuses, they're affluent and educated and they're still the shittiest things on two legs.

it's just way easier to point to someone wearing a $1500 fashion crime on their face complaining about cyborg rights and say, look at that contemptible fuckwit, they should loving know better.
Well and despite the lovely portion of the blue collar workers being pretty awful what with the bad political opinions they at least aren't wrapped up in fantasies of being the next tech zillionaire and even if they'd prefer a ranch house and 10 arces in the middle of nowhere they're -way- more amenable to going where work is available.

Effete tech shitheads seem unable to imagine being able to survive without being right in the middle of the largest metro areas on earth. What do you MEAN I don't have 25 $10 cocktail bars to choose from any given night!? I have to DRIVE to get groceries?? You mean I might have to live across from a REPUBLICAN?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

don't kid yourself, they're all temporarily embarrassed millionaires, the hicks are just betting on a literal lottery win rather than the successful app/webservice jackpot.

having to drive to get groceries is not really a good thing, and there's nothing wrong with preferring urban living for any number of reasons. it's really only ironic because of how they're all randian superheros who firmly believe they're lone islands in the sea of men, all while living in the heart of the modern interdependent society.
I live smack-dab in the heart of the rural midwest man. Most of these people are satisfied if they own a house, a nice usable truck/car, and have a wife with 2.5 kids, then maybe some pointless extravagance like a blown-out musclecar or a gigantic truck or whatever.

They hold themselves above government assistance even if it takes a dozen credit cards to do it and have loving awful opinions on everything under the sun, but they are under no illusions that they're destined to be the douchebags from Duck Dynasty. gently caress, you saw the polls where something crazy like 3/4ths of the people in tech in the bay area literally think they're going to be the next Steve Jobs or Zuckerberg.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
so is klout still around with their "brogramming" recruitment posters because I'm not looking at their website

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
only $100 million?? Shameful.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Being in the midwest isn't so bad outside of the lack of fresh seafood

but then again I find living next to rednecks less aggravating than the typical east/west suburb dwellers

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh my god this is peak bubble.txt

Ahaahahha that owns except for the part where Woot sucked after Amazon bought it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

theflyingexecutive posted:

hey guys should i try heroin? is there a thread in tcc about it?

my nigga have you tried lsd

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

born on a buy you posted:

Henry ford was an incredible antisemite in an age of casual antisemitism. he is personally responsible for a large amount of the printed copies of the protocols in the early 1900s
cool how every captain of industry just about was a sociopath, insane, or generally just a complete piece of poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

:thejoke:

fun fact: uber is illegal here in toronto, but because the penalty for operating illegally is simply a fine they keep going, treating it as part of the cost of doing business.
BP did this with OSHA regarding one of their refineries because paying the fine was cheaper than fixing the safety issues

then the refinery blew up and killed like a dozen people

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Shaggar posted:

they already make lovely cars
so does just about everyone anymore

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
when do you think SanFran will end up like NYC where a luxury apartment tower is being built with low income housing in the lower portion, and the low-income housing will have its own "poor door" for entry separate from the luxury apartments

note the reason there's even low income housing in the building is because in NYC that gets you permits to build a larger building

best quote

quote:

“No one ever said that the goal was full integration of these populations,” David Von Spreckelsen, senior vice president at Toll Brothers, said. “So now you have politicians talking about that, saying how horrible those back doors are. I think it’s unfair to expect very high-income homeowners who paid a fortune to live in their building to have to be in the same boat as low-income renters, who are very fortunate to live in a new building in a great neighborhood.”
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Stymie posted:

the people who lived in the tenement were likely laborers which means they produced something of value

quoting stymie

• Locked thread