Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

That's weird, he has a tattoo of your silhouette!

Apr 7, 2003

Sharktopus posted:

this is a free country damnit i should be free from market pressure

Cool, I read your sig and saw Stymie using one of my memes. Very nice.

Apr 7, 2003

Forums Terrorist posted:

it replaces all usernames with stymie and fishmech

Even better.

Apr 7, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

also on the forums, teal stymie

He sounds like a pretty nice guy.

Apr 7, 2003

How long has my title been "Pittsburgh Stymie", I just saw it now

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

i wanna be "RPG Stymie" plz

I actually know more about RPGs than you do so you aren't allowed to have my title. Sorry.

Apr 7, 2003

It's pretty cool that Stymie lasted the six years it took for people to admit that he was right about everything.

Apr 7, 2003

Bloody posted:

you're thinking of fishmech and shaggar. stymie is just the :rolleyes: version where everybody's accepted him as wrong but its not worth the effort to try and correct.

I've seen Stymie rightposting since 2008.

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

its hard to come up w/ one true favorite rpg. but i guess my favorite rpg, in the sense that i can totally come back to it time and time again? might & magic 6. it can not be beat in terms of presenting the player w/ an epic quest that spans literal decades of player character lives. an enormous world filled with stuff to find, quests to do, dungeons to explore. it might be the best CRPG translation ever made of those dumb super-epic mega campaigns that u would come up with as a teenager for your d&d group. the only drawbacks i give the game is that its graphics dont hold up well, and the combat system is a bit more frustrating than, say, the wizardry games

lol look at this noob who never played M&M 4+5 (World of Xeen)

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

and the sexual harassment is between two people that had previously been dating. totally not foreseeable :)

although it sounds pretty nasty

Former marketing VP claims Tinder’s CMO called her a “whore” at a company event while company downplayed her role as a co-founder.

This is precisely why you don't sleep with people you work with.

Apr 7, 2003

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the architects of the Disruption Economy.

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

somebody go count how many posts he's deleted in the boston thread after getting cyberbullied about them

lol, I missed his big ragequit somehow

gotdatbpd

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, I guess it's better if you're from Idiotworld.

Apr 7, 2003

FMguru posted:

what a surprise, tori cant stop bringing up pittsburgh in the silicon valley thread

Wow, nice racism.

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

look scrub im going to pittsburgh tomorrow ill fuckin own ur n00b rear end @ this whole thing

u can find me on penn ave i'll be the guy talking about the wizardry series to anyone who walks by

I literally work on Penn Ave.

Apr 7, 2003

Probably not, but where are you going to be?

Apr 7, 2003

That's way out in the Strip and it's supposed to be really good, I'm at the other end of Penn so I've never made it out there.

We're gonna drive down to the Strip at some point during this summer to go on a Penn mac shopping spree, so we'll hit it then. Also the old lady who sells banh mi down there.

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

what old lady? im just looking at yelp and theres multiple vietnamese places in the same area in the strip district

She's down at the very end on the left side of the street (facing east) where the BBQ rib dude used to be, and she serves banh mi from a street cart. She owns.

Apr 7, 2003

Also get a shrimp poboy at Wholey's. Basically what I'm saying is eat everything.

Apr 7, 2003

There's also all-you-can-eat $10 wings at a place on Sixth Avenue that I like to go to on Wednesdays (Redbeard's) and the wings are really good and I might stop in tomorrow because boy do I love some wings.

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

see you at anthrocon space pope

lol

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

that is very, very close to where i will be, and i will be arriving there around 5-ish tomorrow

wanna eat some wings around 7 w/ me?

I work in the big pointy healthcare-related building nearby, I'm down. Check your PMs and don't wear a fox tail please.

Apr 7, 2003

That's her. That episode was awesome.

Apr 7, 2003

Don't forget "IT'S YOU!"

Apr 7, 2003

That's actually perfect timing because there's a Buccos game at 7:05.

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

i searched for redbeard's but the one i found is on the wrong side of the mon. i don't know if you'll be able to hear me shouting from there.

It's up on the hill, you'll be fine!

Apr 7, 2003

cremnob posted:

this guy fuckin owns

He has five wins under his belt.

Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

lol, a judge ordered Uber and Lyft to stop operating in pittsburgh and of course they won't stop. uggggh

I can't wait until drivers are arrested. It's gonna own.

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Glass posted:

hasn't uber been operating in philly for way longer than they have in pittsburgh? how come it's only now that the PUC decided to wake up

probably peduto's fault for being so enthusiastic about it

Pittsburgh is pretty geographically compact, so much so that Uber/Lyft pretty much function as "Baller with private car" services only (which I guess is sort of the point). Philly's a good bit bigger as the crow flies.

I cannot imagine a reason why I would ever use Uber or Lyft here.

Apr 7, 2003

It's you!!!

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Glass posted:

so basically you either never go out or just drink and drive

Sorry about whatever shithole you live in that doesn't have decent train service.

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, that's exactly where I live, I'm four blocks off the T and work/go out downtown.

Apr 7, 2003

If you're from the suburbs stay in your stupid shithole, imho

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Glass posted:

nah dude i live in the city and can't take a drat train if I wanted to, public transit in this town is incredibly spotty unless you live right on a train line

also if you live in the south hills i hate to break it to you but you live in the suburbs, enjoy your shithole

Everything to Carnahan is within city limits.

Apr 7, 2003

Also I don't know how long you've lived here/whatever, but public transit was a shitload better before 2006. A lot of the problems now have less to do with funding and more to do with keeping people where they're at.

Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Glass posted:

oh yeah totally, I haven't been here super long but i know that the port authority's main financial problem is keeping up with their pensions

The pensions aren't the problem, Allegheny County and Harrisburg have choked off funding to ever tighter levels since around 2002. They have yearly financial reports available going back to 1998 or so and state support is less than half in FY 2013 what it was in 2001.

Every once in a while some shithead will talk about how a bus driver they know "makes $100k". Four drivers did that in 2012, and they worked 30-50 hours of OT a week.

Apr 7, 2003

prefect posted:

i really hope this guy suffers serious and long-lasting consequences. he sounds like a titanic rear end in a top hat

There's a substantial population that celebrates titanic assholes and their behavior because they're "assertive" and "know what they want out of life."

Apr 7, 2003

FMguru posted:

also: home -> walk -> train -> walk -> work and reverse it in the evening is the pro-est commute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Share Bear posted:

to walk to work would take an hour and a bridge crossing, i oughta do that

i am very surprised there is no site like fuckedcompany around to cover bubble 2.0, this thread has been the only thing close

Everyone is too busy huffing their own farts now after the Long lovely Decade that 200X was.

• Locked thread