Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Where did he ever say he was trying to make a funny show? I'm not trying to goon hard here but I've watched a lot of interviews and listened to every podcast LCK has ever been on and he just always talks about how he wants his show to be different from what he thinks TV has become and he really wants it to evoke how he thinks life really feels (sometimes so funny its ridiculous, sometimes so sad it is funny, sometimes so funny that it is sad, sometimes its just lovely and boring).

If you tune in to Louis for a guaranteed 30 mins of laughs (more like 20 minutes of set-up, 2 minutes of stand-up and some fantastic punchlines) then you are maybe missing the point?

Some people are really just into Sad Bastard Media. people are straight up listening to Modest Mouse and Radiohead, watching movies like "Love, Liza" and "Push Me" (lovely humans with lovely lives get poo poo on, learn nothing, credits roll). The scene in S2 or S3 where Louie and the TV/Film exec is talking him up and he pitches the idea of a guy who sucks and is sad and poo poo just keeps happening to him and the exec just bails halfway through the pitch to a different table in the same restaurant is almost certainly a real story from his career.

I can't fault you for watching a show that has historically been very funny and then being mad when it isn't funny, but you really cannot be mad at something for it not being what you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread