Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher
I'm a free citizen of the great state of California god dammit why can't I walk to Safeway at 4 in the morning to get more beer? gently caress this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Hmm, yes. Let's outlaw the sale of alcoholic beverages between the hours of two and six AM. Surely this will solve our uppity drunk minority problem.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Beer is not liquor

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

(Maybe plan ahead next time and consider that you might be an alcoholic)

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Liquor stores are closed on Sunday in Minnesota. :sigh:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
All anti-sin laws are gay because even religious people violate them when their impulses get too strong. You want to keep people from sinning you have to take them at birth and raise them in a special facility that will psychologically break them

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Beer is not liquor

Tried this rationale on a 7-11 clerk once. It was ineffective.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Space cash posted:

(Maybe plan ahead next time and consider that you might be an alcoholic)

Man if I could plan ahead I wouldn't really be an alcoholic, yeah?

e: Also, I don't need alcohol. I just want it really really really really badly.

Cold and Ugly fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 29, 2014

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

String Beans posted:

Liquor stores are closed on Sunday in Minnesota. :sigh:

Seriously, dog. I have family in Texas, and my parents retired to a dry county there. Who is loving helped by people not being able to loving buy beer at Walmart after 10 PM?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
just get some hard cider.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

All anti-sin laws are gay because even religious people violate them when their impulses get too strong. You want to keep people from sinning you have to take them at birth and raise them in a special facility that will psychologically break them

For real, man. It's a really loving pointless gesture that is hurting honest American working men like me. Unrelated, but I lived in Utah for a year or two, and learned that there is a pretty big market for non LDS dentists who won't tell your loving church group that you drink coffee and/or soda.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

just get some hard cider.

I can't. They won't let me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cold and Ugly posted:

I can't. They won't let me.

Farmers Markets are usually ignored with things like these. I've gotten moonshine and hard cider off of the Amish because they sell them directly out of their wagons.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Farmers Markets are usually ignored with things like these. I've gotten moonshine and hard cider off of the Amish because they sell them directly out of their wagons.

Nice. There aren't any Amish or travellers or whatever in Cali though, at least not in my town.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I think those law are in place because nobody decides to start getting drunk at 4 AM, and the only people that would buy beer that late are going to drive drunk down to the liquor store.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cold and Ugly posted:

For real, man. It's a really loving pointless gesture that is hurting honest American working men like me. Unrelated, but I lived in Utah for a year or two, and learned that there is a pretty big market for non LDS dentists who won't tell your loving church group that you drink coffee and/or soda.

Pros: You can make a lot of money if you play your cards right.

Cons: Your job is staring into Utahn mouths all day

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Jimong5 posted:

I think those law are in place because nobody decides to start getting drunk at 4 AM, and the only people that would buy beer that late are going to drive drunk down to the liquor store.

Dunno, man. I'm willing to bet that i'm not the only person in America who ever ran out of beer at 2:30 and didn't want to go to sleep. I mean if you drive drunk that's your choice and you take the associated risks on yourself but I live within walking distance of a 24 hour safeway.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

if you drink on a sunday you are a godless heathen. hope this helps

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Cold and Ugly posted:

Nice. There aren't any Amish or travellers or whatever in Cali though, at least not in my town.

they didn't survive the river ford

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

KomodoWagon posted:

Pros: You can make a lot of money if you play your cards right.

Cons: Your job is staring into Utahn mouths all day

Not too bad of a con. To be honest Utah people seemed pretty healthy and largely had nice teeth. One thing I def. didn't expect is that there is a pretty large and outspoken youth gay community in the SLC area. It's funny, I grew up in the desert in Cali and didn't meet an openly gay person until I was 18 and moved to Utah after graduating HS.

Trustfund.
Feb 14, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't tread on me

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

mrwuss posted:

they didn't survive the river ford

lol.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Trustfund. posted:

Don't tread on me

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

you know gay people often have fun with anal sex and various drugs this title seems a little unfair

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
here in virginia you can't buy liquor past 10 or beer past 12 and that's definitely bullshit.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Benedick Cuckold posted:

here in virginia you can't buy liquor past 10 or beer past 12 and that's definitely bullshit.

Like every day? Jesus that loving sucks, man. So all the bars close at midnight? Goddamn.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wonder how the Amish do in prison?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

no package sales here 12-6

no sales on sunday

by the drink (bars) can server until 2am

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Cold and Ugly posted:

Like every day? Jesus that loving sucks, man. So all the bars close at midnight? Goddamn.

no, bars can serve alcohol till 2. but if you run out of beer at a party it better be before midnight. except no one ever runs out of beer at a party before midnight, because that would be retarded

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
Take cans of soda out of a 12 pack, fill the soda 12 pack with beer cans. Buy the 12 pack of soda that is now filled with beer.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I am sure that if you slapped a 20 on the counter and walked out with the beer the clerk would have just gone on with their night and not given two fucks.

EDIT: In some chinese restaurants you can order "cold tea" after liquor serving time is over and they will bring you a teapot with heineken in it.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

MegaGatts posted:

Take cans of soda out of a 12 pack, fill the soda 12 pack with beer cans. Buy the 12 pack of soda that is now filled with beer.

here the beer must be locked up, liquor as well

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mrwuss posted:

here the beer must be locked up, liquor as well

Some cash registers will either not let you do an alcohol transaction after a specific time, or throw up a red flag that only the manager will see in the records. Either way it's a good prospect for getting fired and issued a fine (depending on state).

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Blistex posted:

Some cash registers will either not let you do an alcohol transaction after a specific time, or throw up a red flag that only the manager will see in the records. Either way it's a good prospect for getting fired and issued a fine (depending on state).

state fine is $500

local city fine is $10,000

yes, no questions asked fine, pay it or go to jail

I live in the bible belt in a small town and they didn't want to go wet but the vote passed, the city got revenge with stupid rules and they use that fine to shut down privately owned sellers, be it a bar or a package store

they will do 'stings', sending someone in who runs to the check out at 12:01

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wow cool story

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mrwuss posted:

state fine is $500

local city fine is $10,000

yes, no questions asked fine, pay it or go to jail

I live in the bible belt in a small town and they didn't want to go wet but the vote passed, the city got revenge with stupid rules and they use that fine to shut down privately owned sellers, be it a bar or a package store

they will do 'stings', sending someone in who runs to the check out at 12:01

leave that lovely town and never look back. jesus christ what could possibly be keeping you there

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

its pretty amazing that in tyool 2014 we still have such strict restrictions on alcohol. i think after we legalize weed the next most important thing we need to work on in america is legalizing alcohol at all hours of the day

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was in a state that doesn't restrict beer and liquor purchases to state run stores a month or so back in the middle of the night, I happened to see a display of some local beer at the grocery store I stopped at to stretch my legs and grab a few things and figured what the hell, I'll give it a try. Apparently I shopped too long because I got to the register at 2:15 and the register refused the sale since it was after 2AM.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

The situation has been resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cold and Ugly posted:

I'm a free citizen of the great state of California god dammit why can't I walk to Safeway at 4 in the morning to get more beer? gently caress this man.

At least you don't live in a state with blue laws. I can't even buy beer in my grocery store

• Locked thread