Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

some dude sent a picture of a woman to a bunch of different countries and asked them to photoshop her to look beautiful

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/06/these-photoshops-of-the-same-women-suggest-beauty-standards-around-the-world/373528/

lol @ germany bleaching her white, i thought they'd worked all that out in the forties

also lol @ morocco and the burqa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
australia having a laugh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The United States are the worst ones, actually.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

australia having a laugh

was gonna post this lol

e: also lol at argentina's poorly edited pearl necklace

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

the US ones are horrible

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
loving lol at moroccos, this is a joke, right?

these are all fake and its a joke article, yeah?

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Torka posted:

the US ones are horrible

there's no way that's not a straight-up joke and it is quite funny

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
phillippines put her in a pantsuit

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

loving lol at moroccos, this is a joke, right?

these are all fake and its a joke article, yeah?
The "study" is the equivalent of someone making a thread in SA mart and commissioning people from around the world to photoshop her picture.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i shoulda made this a photoshop thread but im poo poo at photoshop

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Whirlwind Jones posted:

The "study" is the equivalent of someone making a thread in SA mart and commissioning people from around the world to photoshop her picture.

but even less than that, because you dont just send a photo to a random company with a google translated sentence and get any results

they knew it was going into the atlantic, and i cant imagine so many studios all being in on the joke so im wondering if it was just all done by 2 or 3 people guessing at what the countries would call beautiful

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
looking forward to seeing this posted endlessly on facebook like every other joke clickbait article.

there was a real one done some time ago with averaged photos of thousands of people, right?

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

she paid people on fiver to do this, this explains a lot

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

looking forward to seeing this posted endlessly on facebook like every other joke clickbait article.

there was a real one done some time ago with averaged photos of thousands of people, right?

Here at DoveŽ we simply sent the photo back unaltered. You are beautiful. You are DoveŽ

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Reset Button posted:

she paid people on fiver to do this, this explains a lot

ah okay, i didnt see that in the article just, "she sent this image to photoshop designers with one sentence 'make me look beautiful'"

so she doesnt even know if the artists in question are from the countries

i wouldnt be surprised if each photo is just labeled with what the author of the article assumed the image could represent

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

ah okay, i didnt see that in the article just, "she sent this image to photoshop designers with one sentence 'make me look beautiful'"

so she doesnt even know if the artists in question are from the countries

i wouldnt be surprised if each photo is just labeled with what the author of the article assumed the image could represent

oh no i think she actually contacted ppl from different countries it's that the quality just ranges from garbage to passable garbage

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i did it

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
It's funny how modern art is now getting other people to do the work for you then taking the credit yourself. It somehow makes perfect sense.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Whirlwind Jones posted:

australia having a laugh
i dunno man, that looks like a lot of australian girls I know...

e: the "serbian spotted" look

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
We're just reposting old thing from social media now? Is that how low we've sunk?

Anyway they're all terrible.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Oh holy poo poo one of the entries was so bad it was actually edited out, check out the old Phillipines entry:

lol

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

australians are bad at photoshop, americans are even worse, and germans are necrophiles.

these are fairly common knowledge things imo. was this supposed to be educational in some way or what?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
^^^ nothing has changed they are still weird corpse-fuckers

The german one looks like a corpse and I'm not surprised.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The one from the US looks like an alien :tinfoil:

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
the sensible pantsuit one owns

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Bulgeria, italy, and romania wins imo. Others either look weird in terms of being clearly photoshoped or like inhuman plastic dolls, but those three basically managed to give a look that might be possible with a good makeup crew and photographers.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

wowww, so profound!! it really makes u think...

just kidding, it's stupid on so many levels

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Morocco is cool

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the one with the swan outfit from black swan

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

she's pretty hot in every country so i guess it just goes to show that even though we all have our differences (with the troubles in iraq et cetera) but a hot chick is still hot no matter what photoshop tuturial got done to her

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

LifeSizePotato posted:

wowww, so profound!! it really makes u think...

just kidding, it's stupid on so many levels

i mostly just posted it to make fun of germans

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
she got those sexy baby bird bones

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
it looks like me op

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Bulgeria, italy, and romania wins imo. Others either look weird in terms of being clearly photoshoped or like inhuman plastic dolls, but those three basically managed to give a look that might be possible with a good makeup crew and photographers.

bulgaria is some uncanny valley poo poo

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The second one from the United States literally makes her look 12

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

olaf2022 posted:

bulgaria is some uncanny valley poo poo
Yeah I considered adding a caveat that of the those three Bulgaria was the closest to getting thrown into the plastic doll bin, but like they left the bags beneath her eyes and really only seemed to modify skin tone and eye color while a lot of the other countries seemed to flat out sculpt her face into different positions.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
what does beauty look like around the world?

Like bad photoshops.

Welcome to the future, the end.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Paying people on fiverr to do poo poo isn't art any more than radiohead is good music

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
not that this is real or legit in any way, but it would make more sense to start with some sort of face template than an actual girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

did she send one to japan? if so, was it not shown because they made her look 8 years old?

• Locked thread