Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Was 5 days a reasonable time
No I would notice immediatly
No I would notice in a day or 2 that I had not seen the deceased
Yes that is a good response time and probably the average
I would pretend nothing was amiss and hopefully they would just rot into a soup
I live alone and doubt anyone would notice MY death
Goku is my housemate
View Results

• Locked thread
Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
i just died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In my experience dead bodies smell like a mixture of un-sweetened chocolate and metal.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'd notice right away if my wife died. My other roommate, the cat, it could take a day or two.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

In my experience dead bodies smell like a mixture of un-sweetened chocolate and metal.

You have no experience with dead bodies.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Probably about the same time their stiff arms will no longer support the weight of a beer can.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

jalopybrown posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&userid=109351#post431520391

This poster in the ladies thread took 5 days to notice, is this quick, slow or just right.

(full disclosure I am not a lady and only checked the thread because someone in QCS said the gay mod posted there)

ok when i clicked this thread i was not expecting to be transported to a magical place such as that quote stream

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

You have no experience with dead bodies.

What would you describe it as? THen again you're kind of right. I've never been around a freshly dead body but I have been around their leavings for a lack of a better word. The oils, fat, slush, feces that they leave behind. So it is possible I missed out on the good stuff when it comes to smells.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Volume posted:

What would you describe it as? THen again you're kind of right. I've never been around a freshly dead body but I have been around their leavings for a lack of a better word. The oils, fat, slush, feces that they leave behind. So it is possible I missed out on the good stuff when it comes to smells.

bigpeeler spotted

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

interwhat posted:

"If he's dead no biggie"

lmao the gently caress is wrong with her

she then goes on to say "i've known him for 20 years etc etc"

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Dead bodies smell like unplugged fridges that still have food in them.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i wonder if she suckled on his wiener b4 the police came

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Do dead people smell like that sweet-but-fermenty smell that a rotting woodland creature in the forest does?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

So your an undertaker?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

EA Sports posted:

i wonder if she suckled on his wiener b4 the police came

i read that once when you die your bones get real stiff and stuff so yeah obv who wouldn't

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
I guess it could take me up to 8 hrs, if my mom died right after serving me my bedtime pizza, then I wouldn't notice she was gone until she failed to give me my breakfast pizza.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

imma go with a million years

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
oh gosh thats simply terrible that nobody really noticed he was dead for a week, until the smell started to bother her :(

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Every poster in that thread is mentally ill and should be banned , as should the people in the xbox megathread and all other megathreads. This we website habours absolute deviants who should be shunned and/or ridiculed.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
of course id probably only be found when an eviction team arrives soooooo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
hahaha wtf this is amazing

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Waltzing Along posted:

wtf lol wtf

LOL

wtf

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey guys my roomate's lying on the floor in a pull of blood and oh yeah his head is not there anymore? is he dead? should i call someone?

gonna wait a few days and hoep this sorts itself out standby for updates

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

A misanthrope posted:

hey guys my roomate's lying on the floor in a pull of blood and oh yeah his head is not there anymore? is he dead? should i call someone?

gonna wait a few days and hoep this sorts itself out standby for updates
Call your roommate's cell phone and see if he answers. If he doesn't pick up wait a few more days before trying again.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

wtf at apparently knowing the guy for 20 years but not wanting to phone him or knock on his door for some entirely unexplained reason. getting a super bad case of the weirds here

"yah if he's dead no biggie, gonna :justpost:"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I mean I was out hella late last night and when it was well past noon and I still hadn't emerged from my room my housemate was like "bitch u dead in there or what?"

thats like the one bonus of not living by yourself, someone is always there to keep tabs on your death status

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

Call your roommate's cell phone and see if he answers. If he doesn't pick up wait a few more days before trying again.

i dunno i dont want to disturb him so i just took a pic and tagged him when i posted it to facebook with the caption "lol look at this retard lmfao"

if he doesn't respond or like it i guess he is prob not alive (but i don't want to jump to any hasty conclusions)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
so many questions

How the gently caress do you rent for 20 years, how do you rent with the same person for 20 years, how does the person not have anyone who,would care if they disappeared for almost a week without having told their friends they were going on a work or personal trip or whatever, how bad does the place stink that a dead body isn't noticeable how do you post concerns on the internet without.... oh gently caress it

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

jackyl posted:

so many questions

How the gently caress do you rent for 20 years, how do you rent with the same person for 20 years, how does the person not have anyone who,would care if they disappeared for almost a week without having told their friends they were going on a work or personal trip or whatever, how bad does the place stink that a dead body isn't noticeable how do you post concerns on the internet without.... oh gently caress it

They post in a GBS megathread.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Real post: I made it a point to tell my boss if I ever miss work and am not answering my phone that they need to send someone to my house and check on me. I got pets and poo poo and I don't want them to starve to death after they eat my body.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
It had to have smelled really bad, right? Like unimaginably bad living in the same small area. I remember when someone died in the apartment building I was living in and it was on the other side of the building but I could still smell that awful odor for a while before I found out it was a dead guy. I can't imagine being in the same living space with that smell for even a little while.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I am OK posted:

They post in a GBS megathread.

lol i love how everything's just back to normal in that thread and they're talking about surf metal and tv shows and what-not

oh someone here just found out they'd been ignoring a dead body in their apartment for five days? whatever let's talk about anime

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
is there a sublease, how is that person affording to live in the rental place since the corpse in the room prolly isn't paying rent

e: the rent share partner is too drat dead

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A misanthrope posted:

lol i love how everything's just back to normal in that thread and they're talking about surf metal and tv shows and what-not

oh someone here just found out they'd been ignoring a dead body in their apartment for five days? whatever let's talk about anime

I know, wtf? I assumed that the thread would be all about Corpseghazi but nope, posting updates about my puppy & dinner plans!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I think my cat would start eating my dead roommate before I noticed anything

cats rule

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I know, wtf? I assumed that the thread would be all about Corpseghazi but nope, posting updates about my puppy & dinner plans!

So I guess it's a thread-wide personality defect and not just a quirk of one poster.

Do not ever have a medical emergency when there's only a member of the gbs ladies thread around. You will loving die while they tell you about their cats and ship Dr. Who characters.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
death is certain

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

EA Sports posted:

death is certain

but if you live with a goon a timely burial is not

edit: One of the latest posts in that thread --

Troposphere posted:

we were pushed to a corner of the con next to a booth that played doctor who episodes the entire time. i'll be glad if i never hear the doctor who theme song ever again

ate some really good wichita japanese food

didn't make much money because people in wichita are amazingly cheap

had a good time

nyaa~n

oh yeah hey cool um yes this is definitely the most interesting thing to be talking about right now! *hair toss* *giggle*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

a day or two at most, since the room to their door is right next to the kitchen and the smell of rotting flesh is pretty distinctive

Trixie Hardcore posted:

the person who posted about their dead roommate is not a regular, she's maybe posted fifteen times in that thread

I'm kind of aghast but what else is there to say, really

• Locked thread