Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
RE superannuation the checkout did a segment recently on funds which is worth the ten mins if you want to choose your own. Phone posting or id link :(

Housing can/will soften, but a crash would probably come if/when we have a major recession. Best hope the libs don't get near the government then either, imagine what they'd try and ram through if there was an actual economy meltdown to point too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GreenLight posted:

is there at least some real parody party in there ?

Yeah, Labor.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pickled Tink posted:

Well, I just got back from my appointment with my JSA. They have decided that they are going to throw me into one of those in-house training courses, and my consultant let me read the course description thing. It was initially presented as a choice, but my consultant said he'd sign me up anyway.

Duration: 5 Days, 6 hours a day 9:30am-3:30pm
Designed for: Streams 2-4
People: 10-12
Cost: $800 per person

This looks spectacularly like they are trying to turn government funding into revenue. A bunch of poo poo about SMART or whatever in the course day by day description on the sheet. Setting goals, meeting them, etc. Almost all the stuff in there is stuff I know that I know already, and the rest looks like vague generalization crap.

My consultant said that I should have goals and know where I am going. I told him I did, that in ten months time I would be going into Crime.

I posted a few days back on this very issue. It's exactly what they're doing.

More people must have me on ignore than I thought. :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Small Keating posted:

Yeah, I have been working with a consultancy that works with JSAs, and the JSAs are very keen to start up their own RTOs and direct government funding that should be going to the education of job seekers, back into their own pockets. They are scum.

Now I know how cartoon feels. :reject:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sunrise spent at least a minute this morning talking about 'Rocket explodes near Melbourne woman in Gaza'.

Riveting.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I hope the Melbourne woman has her passport revoked if she has IDF links

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I saw that, what a harrowing experience. :ohdear:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Pope hits the hypocrisy button

Also this is hilarious:

quote:

Clive Palmer says his Senate team is prepared to vote to block supply to prevent Treasurer Joe Hockey's $6 billion asset recycling fund, designed to pay state governments to privatise assets.

''The only recycling we would vote for is recycling the Treasurer,'' Mr Palmer said. ''Joe Hockey is the most spectacularly unsuccessful treasurer Australia has seen.''

Joe's new idea is essentially copying the American trick of adding riders to appropriation bills in the hope that they get passed wholesale by the Senate. This is like a child's idea of how government works: the Senate is perfectly capable of rejecting the amendments and not the appropriations and no matter how many times Joe cries "blocking Supply!", the Senate is not required to pass legislation that's unrelated.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Tonight I wanted to address why the Australians are here. There are two reasons why we are here and I will go through them momentarily. But firstly I should say good friends visits their friends in tough times. It is easy to visit your friends when things are going well. Fair-weather friends who come and go when things are on the up and up are easy to come by. Friends who come when times are tough – they are the real friends.

Ladies and gentlemen, I was approached by a young man at the reception here at the King David Hotel on Friday, his name was Aaron, and he asked me who I was and where I was from and I said I was from Australia and he said ‘why are you here?’. And I very simply said, because Australians love freedom. And he said very simply, that freedom isn’t free, right?. And I said exactly right. The reason why the Australians are here today, the first reason, is because Australians value freedom. And we have been fighting for freedom for 114 years and usually alongside our UK friends, whether it has been in the Battle of Beersheva here in Israel, in the Second World War, or the First World War, or more recently in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Vietnam and Korea, wars that are now well and truly in the past.

Whenever there has been a congregation of freedom loving nations versus non freedom loving nations, Australia has always been prepared to be in the fight and always on the right side. And that’s how we view the State of Israel that we are on the right side. It is a story about the King of Denmark during the Second World War when the Nazis changed their attitude toward the deportation of the Danish Jews. There weren’t many Danish Jews, about 8,000 or so but the King of Denmark when the Nazis changed their attitude and said that they would start to deport the Jews, said that the Jews are Dames and the Dames are Jews.

In other words, the concerns of Jewish Dames were the concerns of all Dames. In the same way I believe, and I think most Australians believe, that the destruction or defeat of Israel is a concern for all of us around the world. Because Israel is the beacon of freedom and liberty in the Middle East and Australia likes to believe that it is in the world. We are two sister nations believing in the same thing – freedom of the press, freedom of democracy, freedom of association. It shows that Israel has existential threats that requires them to take firm action to protect those freedoms, firmer actions than Australia has had to take to protect our own existence. So that is the first reason, ladies and gentlemen, why the Australians are here. Because we regard Israel and Australia as sister countries with the same value systems and we want to show our support for that system here in the Middle East.

The second reason is more personal, ladies and gentlemen, and it goes to the question of remembering some of the crimes of the past. The great crime of the past against the Jewish people was the Holocaust. And just coming to Israel as an Australian, and landing at Ben-Gurion Airport, even in the last few days travelling El Al, just by the act of coming here, we reaffirm that we will not forget the crime of the Holocaust against the Jewish people, and we stand with the Jewish people. Simply by the act of making sure this dialogue was not cancelled when some people said it should have been cancelled because it was dangerous, the Australians and British came here, simply by that act reaffirmed that we will not forget the Holocaust.

This is my sixth visit to Israel. And it is important that we come again and again to Israel.

To say it to those in the Islamic Jihad, the terrorists – Hamas or ISIS or whoever they are – that by their actions they won’t frighten Australians into coming to Israel and supporting Israel. That is by me and my colleagues, whether they are Labor or Liberal, are here supporting this Dialogue because it proves, ladies and gentleman, it proves that freedom is winning and tyranny is losing.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Australian soldiers fighting for Freedom in WW1

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Neoliberals and libertarians have made the word "freedom" lose all meaning

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

GreenLight posted:

is there at least some real parody party in there ?

Everything in my OP is 100% real Australian made.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Also whoever was on August get with it already loving hell.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!

tomkash posted:

With all the talk about ethical super what about energy companies? I'm in NSW and I assume they are all terrible but the carbon tax repeal = cheaper energy for you! And the new letter about deregulation of retail price regulation from energy Australia really makes me want to change.

I'm also taking action against my employer with my union as of next week. Pretty exciting really, it is a very personal thing to me and if the outcome actually goes as expected it will decide if I stay on this career path.

Underpayment claim in an industry where most chefs suffer the same, if I can get a result from this I will be able to bring concrete proof of union benefits and standing up for yourself at work to the hundreds of chefs who don't think there is any hope. I've never heard of a case personally despite working in such an exploitive enviroment so it could have at least a small effect on the industry. I'm not putting up with this anymore and neither should any other chef.

Good work, proud of you.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

Now I know how cartoon feels. :reject:

Aww, 'beet. If this were Facebook, I would have liked all your posts, then unliked them and liked them again. Solid information delivered impartially that I couldn't possibly have added to and that stopped me having to post my own half-baked enraged drivel on a half dozen occasions. Beet is best beet.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Captain Pissweak posted:

Also whoever was on August get with it already loving hell.

Who was on August? I hope it wasn't me.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I'll do it since nobody can remember who was due to do this months one.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
gently caress me, someone wants to introduce some stupid new drug laws

quote:

Amends the: Criminal Code Act 1995 to: introduce an offence for importing all substances that have a psychoactive effect; introduce an offence for importing a substance which is similar to a serious drug; introduce international firearms trafficking offences and mandatory minimum sentences http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/display/display.w3p;query=Id%3A%22legislation%2Fbillhome%2Fr5323%22

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

"all substances that have a psychoactive effect"

Wait a minute. Does that mean if I get prescribed antidepressants overseas and bring them back into Australia I'll go to prison?

lol nice

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

ewe2 posted:

Joe's new idea is essentially copying the American trick of adding riders to appropriation bills in the hope that they get passed wholesale by the Senate. This is like a child's idea of how government works: the Senate is perfectly capable of rejecting the amendments and not the appropriations and no matter how many times Joe cries "blocking Supply!", the Senate is not required to pass legislation that's unrelated.

IDK if Joe remembers much from his law school days, but isn't it slightly unconstitutional to add riders to appropriation bills? It's been like 4 years since I did Constitutional law but I seem to remember something like that.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Bad news for coffee importers

Endman
May 18, 2010

Sitting here drinking an energy drink class A controlled substance. Whoops

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

KingEup posted:

gently caress me, someone wants to introduce some stupid new drug laws

"Portfolio: Attorney-General"

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
In the Minister for Justices speech he seems to refer to "new" psychoactive substances. So I guess all existing ones are okay?

quote:

It will be up to a person whose goods have been seized on suspicion of being a new psychoactive substance to show why they should be returned to them. If an importer cannot do this—for example, by showing that the goods have a legitimate use—their goods will be destroyed.

These measures will not apply to imports for a legitimate purpose. Foods, medicines, industrial, agricultural and veterinary chemicals may all be psychoactive, but they serve important functions in our society and economy. They should not, and will not, be caught up in this regime.

in the miso soup
Aug 16, 2013

quote:

SARAH FERGUSON: Let me just move on. The Human Rights Commissioner Gillian Triggs says that virtually all of the 174 children on Christmas Island are sick. Children are self-harming, biting themselves, banging into furniture, swallowing poisons. How can this possibly be justified?

SCOTT MORRISON: Well I don't believe that's true, for a start. Under this government we've reduced the number of children in detention by almost 35 per cent. The number of children on Christmas Island has dramatically reduced by over 60 per cent. Under this government, we've funded children going to school in detention. On Nauru, we've funded the establishment of facilities, including schools ...

I realise this is 2 days old but is there any reason i shouldn't just kill myself in the middle of sydney town hall in protest right now

Endman
May 18, 2010

in the miso soup posted:

I realise this is 2 days old but is there any reason i shouldn't just kill myself in the middle of sydney town hall in protest right now

Nope. God speed, goon sire.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Haters Objector posted:

Bad news for coffee importers

As a coffee snob, I was about to say this. Psychoactive is a very broad catagory of substances, a lot of which are common place in modern life. And coffee is the second most traded commodity on the planet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

in the miso soup posted:

Because you can see from the last guy who literally set himself on fire that they won't really care?

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

tomkash posted:

With all the talk about ethical super what about energy companies? I'm in NSW and I assume they are all terrible but the carbon tax repeal = cheaper energy for you! And the new letter about deregulation of retail price regulation from energy Australia really makes me want to change.

Momentum Energy are pretty good, and they have a scheme where you can pay a little extra in order to offset your energy usage with hydro power purchased from Tasmania, along with existing wind.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

Because you can see from the last guy who literally set himself on fire that they won't really care?

What if a white person did it.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The first will be a hero but it wouldn't be enough. Not until the sky is filled, like a a Perth summer, with the greasy smoke of white austrslians will anybody of note care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
New thread is up.

• Locked thread