Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I like when the star of that was like "Hey, bunch of people who never asked, I'm gay. Deal with it!" and everyone in the West all at the same time went "Yeah, probably. Ok." and then returned to not caring that she exists. Maybe someone in his sixties elbowed his wife and went "Hey, Vernice, did you hear that? The talking stick bug on the TV says it's gay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is diablo Cody still making movies

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I do not care for Ellen Page. In fact if I knew her on a personal level I'd probably hate her.

Also she held a press conference to announce that (big surprise) she's gay! Well done on having a gigantic ego.

Oh and Michael Cera is loving annoying and looks like a rat.

Is it egotistic to come out of the closet now?

I mean, yo, I hate all the sensitivity police and privilege police and tumblr and all that poo poo, but like...public figures coming out publically is still a risky move that benefits impressionable young gays and poo poo I dunno

seems a bit harsh to call it an ego trip and also you shut your whore mouth about Michael Cera

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Chuck Tanner posted:

one thing i hate about old gbs, besides all the social justice poo poo, was the fact that they all worshiped michael cera

Seriously? He's only been in a couple movies I like and he's never been the reason why I enjoyed them.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
my friend won't watch anything with ellen page in it because of juno. i tried to get him to understand diablo cody is to blame not ellen page so that he could watch super but he wouldn't have any of that. that's my juno story

also michael cera is ok. not really sure where all the hate comes from

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Super wasn't good because of Ellen Page though.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I mean, yo, I hate all the sensitivity police and privilege police and tumblr and all that poo poo, but like...public figures coming out publically is still a risky move that benefits impressionable young gays and poo poo I dunno

seems a bit harsh to call it an ego trip and also you shut your whore mouth about Michael Cera

I think there's Rosie coming out and then there's Ellen Degeneres coming out. The former is very unlikable and everything she does is annoying. Whereas Ellen is likable and she came out when her show was doing really well (doing so killed it) so obviously it wasn't some desperate attempt for publicity.

I would put Ellen page somewhere on the Rosie end of the scale.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/diablo-cody-screenplay/1/

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Gay activists have done an awesome job of normalizing being queer, so that now it's not that big of a deal if you are. Which isn't to minimize real issues still faced, but for a lot of non stupid people being gay these days means you're just another dipshit who likes having having their genitals played with by someone else, like the rest of us. Inviting the press to hear about it- because the word must spread that you only spread for other ladies- is incredibly egotistic, especially when you're some fade-into-the-background-of-Hollywood-almost-nobody like Ellen Page.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I have a promotional Juno cup I got at the cinema that I'm going to sell and retire on once this movie hits peak nostalgia value for idiots.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

I also like Juno and I saw The Brothers Bloom twice. I don't know.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i watched this movie with two ugly friends who were awkwardly trying to date, sitting between a guitar hero controller and an empty box of oreos

for context.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Rewatched Juno, it was pretty okay and the dialog was really awkward and forced, which seemed to make sense in the context of the movie I guess. A bunch of scenes with Michael Cera in running shorts, overall a positive experience.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

BKPR posted:

i watched this movie with two ugly friends who were awkwardly trying to date, sitting between a guitar hero controller and an empty box of oreos

for context.

cockblock

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Watch robocop instead. The old one, not the lovely new one. its stiyyl

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
ellen page was so hot in hard candy

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Patrick Wilson thought so too.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
imagine being the kind of retard who enjoys movies like juno and donnie darko

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

butplug accident posted:

imagine being the kind of retard who enjoys movies like juno and donnie darko

thur like so meaningful you know?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Michael Cera was poo poo but way better than that gently caress from the facebook movie

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
i can't get enough of the big lebowski, ender's game, juno and other crap for sheltered millennial fucktards, since i'm a similarly afflicted fucktard myself.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
it's like sincerity is impossible now, yet i long for connection. *listens to odd future*

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why isn't Ellen page likeable or popular

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why isn't Ellen page likeable or popular

she's gay

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

mysterious frankie posted:

Gay activists have done an awesome job of normalizing being queer, so that now it's not that big of a deal if you are. Which isn't to minimize real issues still faced, but for a lot of non stupid people being gay these days means you're just another dipshit who likes having having their genitals played with by someone else, like the rest of us. Inviting the press to hear about it- because the word must spread that you only spread for other ladies- is incredibly egotistic, especially when you're some fade-into-the-background-of-Hollywood-almost-nobody like Ellen Page.

It wasn't really an "invite the press" kinda thing, it was more a "being a speaker at a national conference promoting safety, inclusion, and well-being for LGBTQ youth."
Seems perfectly reasonable for her to do it there.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

big lebowski is a good movie but less cool now that so many people know about it

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

SilkyP posted:

big lebowski is a good movie but less cool now that so many people know about it

THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND ahahahahahahhahah that's a quote from a movie (and i've seen it)

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

gently caress YOU DANNY!

naem
May 29, 2011

I would impregnate what's her name honestly

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

naem posted:

I would impregnate what's her name honestly

Tonetta

naem
May 29, 2011

Pretty much any of the women in that movie

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

butplug accident posted:

i can't get enough of the big lebowski, ender's game, juno and other crap for sheltered millennial fucktards, since i'm a similarly afflicted fucktard myself.

You sound real angry about bein' old.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am the super senior in your spanish class, repeating lines from anchorman and scoping the room for approval

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

OMG i know right!? It's very hard to find work in hollywood if you're gay. What a heroic thing to do.

naem
May 29, 2011

Michael Cera was a comedic genius during the brief moment in time he was young and his thing was new.

He cranked out a bunch of movies all pretty much the same but they had to get their money's worth out of him while it was fresh

mguirk the jerk
Apr 26, 2014

i cant even spell my name god help me
scott pilgrim was a great movie, hth

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

mguirk the jerk posted:

scott pilgrim was a great movie, hth

scott pilgrim was poo poo

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

Bobby Brown posted:

juno post any more

Lmao

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
YOUR EGGO IS PREGGO HOMESKILLET

WE ALL SOUND LIKE A BLOGGER TRYING TOO HARD TO BE FUNNY... honest to blog

Devils Affricate posted:

Juno is a bad movie because it legitimizes the idea that abortions are sad and should not be performed whenever possible

This, absolutely.

"YOUR BABY HAS FINGERNAILS :unsmigghh:"
"Oh, well, okay then."

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

Don't refer to your self in the third person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box