Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Now that we are assumed to have reached the highlighting point, here is a sheet of strings. Feel free to correct any mistakes you might see, then figure out who holds the most strings on you.

I believe in the event of a tie, one chooses from among the tied string-holders. I would wait for Ningyou to give a ruling on this, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Bloodfordshire is a land with a long tradition of democracy, except when it isn't.

So! Work out who highlights whom in the event of a tie yourselves! Have yourselves some democracy! ....unless you can't agree, in which case ~*~*~Queen Ningyou~*~*~ will rule by fiat.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I already messed with the doc, but I think Danielle's strings are as follows, actually:

Strings
Name, skin, Strings On Them / Strings On Me

Annabelle Doyle, Heir, 0/0
Madeline Adkins, Sasquatch 0/0
Evangeline Yates, Calaca, 0/0
Elisabeth Somerville, Unchained, 0/2
Gala Kettering, Hollow, 2/0
Katarina Faira, Vampire, 2/2

To verify: from what Danielle is involved in with Elisabeth's backstory - you picked her for the one where you get a string on her, right Jolinaxas? Or am I missing a thing?

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 28, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Obviously, Katarina gets to highlight for Annabelle.

I'm the potential highlight for Elisabeth and Madeline.

Seeing as Katarina is already highlighting at least one person, I think it's only fair that Evangeline and Annabelle highlight for either of Elisabeth or Madeline.

My previous proposal was a little on the nose, so with that in mind:

Elisabeth/Madeline: Which of us (Annabelle/Evangeline) would you like to have highlight for you?

Evangeline: Do you agree with this process? Or is there another method you would prefer?

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 28, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I'll pick Annabelle to highlight one of my stats. It just makes the most sense fictionally of the three choices I have.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I'll pick Annabelle to highlight one of my stats. It just makes the most sense fictionally of the three choices I have.

Madeline: Whichever method you use to keep hiding in Dark places is rather admirable.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
On that note, the insanity of Danielle having all 2s for strings has lead to a couple situations.

For both Gala and Katarina, Danielle is tied with having the most strings, with Madeline and Elisabeth, respectively.

In Danielle's own case, she could be highlighted by either Elisabeth or Katarina.

I'm figuring, since Katarina's getting the highlight for Annabelle automatically, I'd pick Elisabeth to highlight Danielle. Similarly, Danielle could highlight Katarina, thus leaving Madeline to highlight Gala. I think that's the fairest we can make things.

However, if any of you disagree, let me know.

Oh, and quick edit because Danielle's an Angel and they work weird. For Danielle, obviously Dark can't be highlighted (since she doesn't have that stat), but either Trespass or Forgiveness can be highlighted, so five choices for the lucky lady who wants to see Danielle do something specific.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 28, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

IRC posted:

[16:47] <Wahad> anyway uh
[16:47] <Wahad> either fiona or lurks highlights for me
[16:47] <Wahad> and since fiona already highlights for anna, might as well let lurks highlight for me
[16:47] <Wahad> so you're up LurksWithWolves

I've heard that Evangeline's parties have gotten rather Hot lately. Only rumors, of course, but you know what they say about rumors...

(Also, because Evangeline and Katarina are the only PCs that have a good Hot score when they aren't letting loose, so might as well get that in where you can.)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Okay, assuming due to the above that I'm highlighting for Danielle.

She seems to have her own ideas about what Heaven wants, so let's highlight Trespass.

EDIT: Also, picking Evangeline to highlight for me.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 29, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Katarina, we both know you're nothing more than a Cold-blooded monster, so let us not lie to ourselves, hm?

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Jolinaxas posted:

EDIT: Also, picking Evangeline to highlight for me.

Let's see how Elisabeth gets rid of her suitors. Highlight Cold.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

IRC posted:

[11:11] <LurksWithWolves> Wol: Since you're here, would you rather have me or LifeGetsWorser highlight one of Gala's stats?
[11:14] <Wol> whoever wants to pick it up
[11:14] <Wol> you're here now, so go ahead

If Gala wants to be like a human, she needs to start with the basics: fight or flight. Highlight Volatile.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.

Ningyou posted:

Bloodfordshire is a land with a long tradition of democracy, except when it isn't.

So! Work out who highlights whom in the event of a tie yourselves! Have yourselves some democracy! ....unless you can't agree, in which case ~*~*~Queen Ningyou~*~*~ will rule by fiat.

There's only one Queen around here! I suppose MC outranks Queen in this case, though. ♥

Anyway. Sorry about being somewhat scarce; I wasn't really in the mood for RPG stuff. I'll handle the strings fluff later, but suffice it to say that Eliza saved Katarina from death-by-bullets, and made quite an impression on the young vampire. Maybe they'll meet again? (Apparently there's also someone in Bloodfordshire named Elisabeth, an eligible but withdrawn young woman whose parents are trying to find her a husband; that really can't be the same person, given how Eliza didn't seem the marrying type. So to speak.)

As for Annabelle? I want to see her Volatile side. I want her to lose control of her composed impulses, and to see threats upon every corner...like the mysterious black-lipped bloodsucker from the city. Who knows what she's up to? Surely it's something sinister! That's what they do, after all.

(Having Cold highlit will be interesting. Kat's not a schemer by nature, but everyone expects her to be, purely by dint of her nature. (I think that might be racist!) She is, however, the kind of person who takes no poo poo and speaks truth to power...I expect she'll learn quickly. ♥)

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Highlights!

Anne, poisoning your poor siblings? Sounds like a Dark path you're contemplating.

Madeleine, looks like you've caught someone's eye (or a couple someones' eyes) despite your best efforts. Perhaps there is something that sets you apart from the other servants! Something Hot.

Katarina, you're basically a spooky teen Brujah, let's see some of that Hot-blooded spirit the Volatile firebrand you once were.

Evangeline, you are literally a skeleton. Literally a skeleton! I don't mean to stereotype -- I know you skinless folk are a diverse people with a rich history -- but let's see you explore the Dark side of Bloodfordshire (and of yourself!), as spooky skellingtons are wont to do.

Danielle, you weren't exactly ejected from Heaven for being a shrinking violet. I bet you can get pretty Volatile under the right circumstances. (say, after the umpteenth gentleman or gentlewoman caller being all like AY GIIIIIIRL MY DEAR MISS MALLORY DID YOU SUFFER AN INJURY MOST DIRE WHEN YOU FELL FROM HEAVEN (WIIIIINK) and thinking they've happened upon some terribly clever bon mot.)

Gala, part of being a person is saying 'no, these duties are dumb and I don't want to fulfill them' from time to time! Let's see how Cold you can get next time some jerk perhaps overly presumptuous gentleman wants to boss you around.

Elisabeth. Is Eliza reeeally that far removed from you, like some djinn to be summoned from your writing-desk and nothing more, or are you just saying that? I bet you can be more Volatile than you let on.

Game thread soon!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654951 Game thread is up! Sorry about the delay, would have finished it earlier if not for ~injuries~ i guess. :ohdear:

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

I will post after returning home from work.

Don't tell my boss I told you that.

OR TOMORROW WHEN MY POWER IS BACK.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 3, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

It looks like a few players are getting swamped (HAW HAW :B ) with RL stuff, so there might be a bit of a delay! I'll try to do up a thing for the people who've posted so far tomorrow (I'm a little busy tomorrow too :v:), but for now, please bear with us!

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Sorry, life's been kind of a horrendous mess lately. I haven't forgotten about this or anything, but please bear with me :ohdear:

Also Wol, do you need to withdraw from the game or wha? Please say something. :/

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's cool, life happens and interferes with elfgames and it sucks and all, but take your time. I at least am eagerly awaiting the consequences of Danielle's terrible failure.

I should also mention that I'm going out of town for a week starting tomorrow. I may have some computer access so hopefully I can post, but I make no promises until next Sunday.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Sorry, I am going to hav to withdraw.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

I haven't forgotten this, I've just (a) not really been in a place where I could run stuff and (b) been kind of a super occupied mess over RL stuff.

RL stuff is coming to its conclusion tomorrow! So I'll actually have enough breathing room to pick this up again in a few days or so if y'all are still interested. ♥

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
I am totally still interested and totally understand RL being tough.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

I'm still up to it. Keep your chin up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Also still here, also don't blame you for putting real life first, also already told you all this on IRC.

• Locked thread