Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Just got around to watching the Rousey fight.

I was expecting her to win but, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

gayest debate of all time and this is including the debate we had over who the hottest ufc fighter was

Its definitely some faggoty gay poo poo Ty 1990

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think you should be allowed to like or not like a fighter for any reason you choose, or even for no reason at all.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dangersim posted:

I think you should be allowed to like or not like a fighter for any reason you choose, or even for no reason at all.

i used to dislike urijah faber for no reason, and now i extremely like him for various reasons. i agree. However, BJ Penn has a brother named after Ronald Reagan and when he loses badly enough his mom campaigns to make the government let her watch GSP in the shower.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I like fighters who are good at what they do and they put on exciting fights therefore I like Ronda Rousey.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I like posters who have good opinions therefore I do not like Harley.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
if yall want reference duane ludwig had nothing but nice things to say about uriah faber and he called me pathetic and lovely to my actual face like 18 times during the seminar so faber may be likable

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

I like fighters who are good at what they do and they put on exciting fights therefore I like Ronda Rousey.

same here

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Yeah but those fighters are also...people? Is it really so hard to believe a person from a poor background would find inspiration or cheer for a professional fighter who dug his way out of or was still dealing with poverty? It's not about 'hang the rich' it's about relating to people's experiences.

I never argued against that at all. I even posted that I love underdog stories and I root for guys like that all the time. I was only pointing out that to me it's weird to hate BJ Penn solely because he comes from money and used that to become a good fighter. All I asked was for manyak to expand on his reason since I figured there was more to it than that. I didn't say he was wrong, just that I found it strange.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
It's not strange and you're overthinking something really simple to an embarrassing degree.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's not strange and you're overthinking something really simple to an embarrassing degree.

Yeah, it's natural to hate people for having money.

Healthy, too.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Bubba Smith posted:

I never argued against that at all. I even posted that I love underdog stories and I root for guys like that all the time. I was only pointing out that to me it's weird to hate BJ Penn solely because he comes from money and used that to become a good fighter. All I asked was for manyak to expand on his reason since I figured there was more to it than that. I didn't say he was wrong, just that I found it strange.

There's a difference in "coming from money" and "being a spoiled little bitch". BJ Penn is the latter. It may require some nuanced thought processes to get to this conclusion. Be careful out there

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

argondamn posted:

Yeah, it's natural to hate people for having money.

Healthy, too.

lol are you retarded

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's bullshit, Tom Hardy's character in Warrior lived with his dying mom while the guy who played Luke Skywalker's uncle grew up with Nick Nolte in a more stable envoirment.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
If enough people who have never posted here before come in and do sarcastic zingers on me i might have to rethink this whole 'cheering for fighters different amounts based on their personality and life circumstances' thing, which I invented and am the sole defender of

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I root for cool dudes only, which is why I root for Luke Rockhold: The Coolest Dude.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Be careful, because you don't want to underestimate the sheer market influence goons no one has ever seen before making auspicious MMA thread debuts with strongly worded Unsubstantiated Options

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I like guys who come in and throw bombs

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

guy in a jetta posted:

There's a difference in "coming from money" and "being a spoiled little bitch". BJ Penn is the latter. It may require some nuanced thought processes to get to this conclusion. Be careful out there

I saw that before you added the sass at the end. Anyway, hey, I never said BJ doesn't have a whiney personality and retires every time something doesn't go his way. This whole bad argument stemmed from Ronda Rousey getting better training than her opponents and BJ Penn was thrown in as having a similar advantage. All I was addressing was that aspect of it. I didn't get into talking about how Ronda and BJ Penn are as people, just what kind of training they were afforded growing up.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Joel Edgerton

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

gimpsuitjones posted:

Joel Edgerton

ty

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
BJ owns

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ty1990 posted:

gayest debate of all time and this is including the debate we had over who the hottest ufc fighter was

excuse me there was no debate. shogun wins.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

a lot as he is rich

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Be careful, because you don't want to underestimate the sheer market influence goons no one has ever seen before making auspicious MMA thread debuts with strongly worded Unsubstantiated Options

One day I hope to be a name like yourself.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

manyak posted:

If enough people who have never posted here before come in and do sarcastic zingers on me i might have to rethink this whole 'cheering for fighters different amounts based on their personality and life circumstances' thing, which I invented and am the sole defender of

Thank you for your humility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

• Locked thread