Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's the beard. More importantly, how did Machida look against Mousasi? If he completely outstruck him for five rounds that's all kinds of impressive.

e: UFC 98 was my first non-recorded UFC event, so I'm super down with Machida and Edgar. Machida Era Forever.

Foul Fowl fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

outy posted:

Ok. Accept the possibility that Anderson Silva's chin and shin had turned to mush just before the first Weidman fight. If that's the case then he's previously only been tested by Mark Munœz and Jessie Bongfeld.

Under these circumstances the new, improved, handsome, fearless and fearsome Dragon is going to take him to the loving cleaners. In fact, you could make the case that this was all some elaborate House of Cards-like masterplan of passing the belt from Silva to Machida without having to engage in combat with each other.

Nobody is saying any of that it's just that Machida is a pretty drat good fighter and presents a very different stylistic challenge than Anderson.

accept the possibility that styles make fights, maybe

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
am i supposed to dislike kevin casey because that was a great way to style on a geek

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

oh my god it's him

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Captain Log posted:

I'm having a bad case of old man brain. Does anyone in MMA have a proper jab that they use more than once a year?

the man in the main event, for one.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Google Butt posted:

I'm not home yet what fight we on

george roop vs guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Zyla posted:

is any of the undercard going to be interesting at all?

struve/mittrione will probably look pretty funny

• Locked thread