Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Why does Harper creep me out? Looks alone.

It's like he's not quite real, or a robot or something.

Its the mouth and hair, I think, but I can't quite place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
O Canada, terror de nose eye yew

The General
Mar 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'm fairly sure he's a robot, and is fueled by eating kittens.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
It's way too hot and everything is closed.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

redshirt posted:

Yeah this is basically what 80% of Canadians think.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
:corsair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcTTRsSfzk :corsair:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Chair In A Basket posted:

It's way too hot and everything is closed.

Go to 7-11 and grab a Slurpee.

You're welcome, buddy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
happy canada to all except the british from whom we stole our independence

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RHVoFpncgA

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

redshirt posted:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who's voting for Harper? All I ever hear about is how much you hate the guy, and yet....

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

ah yes the casual wearing a full suit look... v. cazh...

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

redshirt posted:

Who's voting for Harper? All I ever hear about is how much you hate the guy, and yet....

People who like JOBS AND GROWTH and a STRONG STABLE CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

redshirt posted:

Since voter turnout is around 60% and we have more than two parties you can get control of the government with under 25% of the population voting for you! We need electoral reform, and the parties who aren't in power support it but predictably drop the issue when they win. Hell, even Harper was for it, then he won.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
It's 9:47 am on the west coast, so time to start drinking Kokanee :canada:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fojar38 posted:

getting acknowledged by americans is unironically every canadians wet dream

dont let any tell you otherwise

you guys must love all the attention we've paid to rob ford, can't remember the last time america put so much notice on a canadian politician

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Vertical Lime posted:

you guys must love all the attention we've paid to rob ford, can't remember the last time america put so much notice on a canadian politician

He's a terrible piece of poo poo and I hope his next crack pipe melts his brain stem.

Also happy Canada Day :canada:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What are some traditional Canada Day activities?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

redshirt posted:

Hockey, Curling, and Drinking... duh.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

redshirt posted:

Drinking beer, barbecuing, watching a Jays game, and fireworks. If you or someone you know own a cottage / cabin then you do said activities at that location, hopefully with a boat.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
http://www.penguin.ca/static/pages/features/2014/canada-day/index.html

I got "The Littlest Schmirler."

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Whiskey Sours posted:

It's 9:47 am on the west coast, so time to start drinking Kokanee :canada:

I'm drinking bowen island beer

its cheap
and local!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Our PM does like cats

quote:

Dear Justin:

I am delighted to have this opportunity to thank you for your letter of December 12 regarding my family’s cats. I am pleased to have been chosen as your correspondent.

Our two cats are named Stanley and Gypsy. Stanley is the grey tabby and is two years old. Gypsy is the wise old cat of the house and is almost nine. Her favourite sport is hunting down mice around 24 Sussex. Stanley is less discerning. He will chase anything as long as it means he gets to play.

I have taken the liberty of enclosing a photo of Stanley for you. He likes the camera. Gypsy, on the other hand, has no patience for it.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. Please accept my best wishes for the remainder of the school year.

Sincerely,

The Rt. Hon. Stephen Harper P.C., M.P.
Prime Minister of Canada

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

redshirt posted:

Rather than celebrate Canada Day, Quebec uses it as the traditional day that rent leases expire and people are loading moving vans all over the place rather than admit the fact that the country their province belongs to is a year older. So I'm sitting on my balcony with a beer watching folks suffer in 41 (105.8 in American) degree heat as they lug heavy furniture.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Hooray for canada day. Only to be blown out of the water by the 4th of july a few days later.

DSauer posted:

Rather than celebrate Canada Day, Quebec uses it as the traditional day that rent leases expire and people are loading moving vans all over the place rather than admit the fact that the country their province belongs to is a year older. So I'm sitting on my balcony with a beer watching folks suffer in 41 (105.8 in American) degree heat as they lug heavy furniture.

holy poo poo this is the best.

I loving hate quebecians who insist on being called french Canadians. I constantly refer to them just as Canadian to watch them do a little suffering dance in an attempt to correct me.

So I salute you sir watching these yuppies suffer. Happy Canada day.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 1, 2014

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Our french brothers and sisters are kinda weird from time to time.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Baloogan posted:

Our PM does like cats

I wonder if there's a course his assistants have to take to learn how to do his signature or if there's a special machine they have that can make a pen-perfect look-a-like, because lol at Harper ever writing to a Canadian who isn't a big business owner or lobbyist. No time to talk to the "little people" I've got to suck Lockheed's cock some more.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 1, 2014

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
^ If Pawn Stars has taught me anything, it's that there are machines that do signatures.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I might be the only canadian who likes PM Harper. :cry:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also the world's favorite mayor is out of rehab just in time for some CANADA DAY drinking!

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The Harper kitten really is, without any exaggeration, him attempting to look more human for the voters. Kind of like Nixon and his dogs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Canada Day allowed me to convince my boss to give me Monday off too so this is the tail end of my 4 day weekday. Yay!

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Canada Day allowed me to convince my boss to give me Monday off too so this is the tail end of my 4 day weekday. Yay!

i hope you got loving plastered

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got plastered barhopping on Granville street. Ended up at the Roxy, which is always a good time. They actually have a live band that plays real music! I'm doing nothing today though, its too hot.

Is there anything better than food vendor carts at 2 am? You will never have a tasier hotdog/donair/poutine/kal kalash w/crabjuice.

e: Mods, sticky this poo poo please.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 1, 2014

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got plastered barhopping on Granville street. Ended up at the Roxy, which is always a good time. They actually have a live band that plays real music! I'm doing nothing today though, its too hot.

Is there anything better than food vendor carts at 2 am? You will never have a tasier hotdog/donair/poutine/kal kalash w/crabjuice.

e: Mods, sticky this poo poo please.

The Roxy is a dirty hole, and I need to go back there sometime.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got plastered barhopping on Granville street. Ended up at the Roxy, which is always a good time.

lol yeah fantastic if you're no older than 22.
Roxy is poo poo, Granville st is poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm 27 and I managed to have a good time. Yeah, I do feel a bit older than some of the crowd, but we all speak the language of DANCE!

e: Some girl stole my buddy's beer right out of his hand, drank it, then tried to make out with him. Later he saw her at the lineup for pizza and she punched him in the face.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

It's nice here on the Sunshine Coast and the BC bike race is in town. I've got some local beer from the brewery round the corner and an inflatable pool. It's good to live in Canada. Vancouver is cool too but I like my town in summer.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harper is bisexual
Jan 10, 2014
The Blue Jays won a game today! Hooray! :toot:

• Locked thread