Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There are millions of well-armed Israeli Jews who are not interested in hearing that. So how to you expect that to happen?

Their deaths in combat, clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

awesmoe posted:

Could you go into a bit more detail about how murdering teenagers is inescapable?

Decades of military occupation and oppression tends to lead to criminality.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

I keep reading about how Obama has to invade Palestine now as one of those three was a US citizen. Some people have a lust for vengeance before all the facts are known.

I support the US immediately taking over all occupation duties in Palestinian territory, since it would remove the IDF.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's great. Sell that to the Israeli public, or the American one for that matter. It is much likelier to get the Israeli public to push the IDF to remove settlers (as they have done in the Sinai and in the Gaza Strip and Northern "Samaria") than any foreign power.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, friend. Just that the US itself muscling out Israel in Palestine would probably be good.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

e X posted:

What is the actual reason behind the settlements? I don't mean the realpolitik for their existence, but how are they soled to the public. If Israel accepts, or at least acknowledges, the Palestinian territory, how do they explain the building of settlements. Including internationally.

Frankly they are sold as "this is are land!!" and they're unsurprisingly settled by what amounts to the dregs of upper/middle class Israeli society, tending towards the religious extremists very heavily.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Crowsbeak posted:

Because false flag attacks are hard to pull off. Look I don't think that Israel actually has the evidence it wants to pin this on Hamas, and this might not have even been Hamas, but to think this is some giant conspiracy is just disgusting.

It's actually not hard to pull off "kill some people and leave them in a ditch". As far as proposed false flags go, this is way simpler than just about anything else, and that's why people point out it's as plausible as Israel's insistence it was an intentional Hamas attack that justifies bombing Gaza.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Willie Tomg posted:

Pedophilia != Ephebophilia: I/P Edition

Doubly appropriate, because everyone who actively claims to be an ephebophile is admitting to being willfully molesting children just because they can (since they are attracted to adult sexual attributes). A Good Comparison.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ErichZahn posted:

That makes Israel worse, not better.

Yes, I'm saying Israel is the "no we're not pedophiles, we're ephebophiles" in the analogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wait, remind me when Israel ever admitted to being in violation of anything international, or when any actual legit Israel defender would ever use violation of international law as a defense against accusations of Apartheid?

Israel publicly proclaims to not be an apartheid state, they just happen to be relentlessly occupying certain areas with certain other populations in certain ways that just look an awful lot like being an apartheid state

• Locked thread