Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Were the 3 slain Israeli teenagers in regular Israel proper when kidnapped or were they settlers who were illegally trespassing in the West Bank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Much as I am loathe to condone the murder of teenagers, this is an inescapable consequence of the social injustice of Apartheid when you try to de-facto annex another nation-state's territory and marginalize its citizens through the slow process of settler encroachment.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

The Insect Court posted:

It's deeply ironic but also very sad that you're essentially the mirror image of the Israeli settler who dehumanizes Palestinian children killed by the IDF. It doesn't matter because his cause is in the right, or it's justified by past abuses by the other side, or even discussing it is just a distraction from the real atrocities being committed against his people.

I hope you are able to eventually experience the sort of personal moral growth that would allow you to view Israeli Jews as full human beings, just as I hope that settler experiences the same epiphany. I wouldn't bet on either of you, though.

I used to be very pro-Israel back in the early 2000s. I thought the Palestinians were a bunch of savages and cavemen. The Israelis never stopped building settlements in the West Bank and they simply increased their extremism and harassment of the local indigenous populations. There are a lot of liberal Israelis who want peace and I hope those people find their voice one day, but they are not the majority. They wore out any good will they had on my part years ago.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

It's very interesting to see how much more radicalized and bloodthirsty Israeli domestic society has become as the years tick by. I remember back in the 1990s the doves had some serious political clout. Are there any Israeli posters who can stomach this thread long enough to give us a detailed sociological explanation?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

TheImmigrant posted:

Hamas ethnically cleansed Christian Palestinians from Gaza. There is no place for Christian or Jew in Hamastan.

See you make a good point here.

TheImmigrant posted:

Not really. Arabs citizens of Israel are Israelis (Israel is nearly 20% Arab Israeli). "Palestinian" as a nationality is to the exclusion of Israeli. "Palestinian" as a demonym means a person from, or descended from people from the British Mandate of Palestine who rejected Israeli citizenship.

Then you just sound like a raving lunatic here.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Actually Israel will continue to exist as it has. Sorry about your masturbatory revenge fantasies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

See? This is why I/P threads are such a clusterfuck and we don't allow it in the Mid-East thread. I've been accused of being a Jew-hating anti-semite for saying that I have no sympathy for the deaths of settlers since resistance is inevitable against an Apartheid state, and accused of being pro-Israel pro-Apartheid in the same thread for saying that Israel will continue to exist. People simply can't talk about this issue rationally.

• Locked thread