Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Actual quotes from actual drone pilots:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2014/06/23/stop-saying-uh-oh-while-youre-flying-drone-crash-pilot-quotes-unveiled/

quote:

“Stop saying ‘uh-oh’ while you’re flying. It’s never good. Like going to the dentist or a doctor. . . . ‘Oops? What the f— you mean ‘Oops?’ “

-- Unidentified camera operator, to a habitually nervous Predator pilot right before takeoff at Jalalabad Air Base on July 24, 2012.

“Whoa. . . . I don’t know what the hell just happened.”

-- The same nervous Predator pilot, moments later, after the drone crashed.

quote:

“I couldn’t tell which way it was turning, or if it was straight, if it was upside down, or if it was right-side up. . . . I couldn’t grasp what was happening with the aircraft. And he said he thought it was upside down.”

-- Unidentified Predator pilot to investigators trying to determine how and why she flew the drone upside down before it crashed near Kandahar Air Base on Jan. 15, 2010.

“Um, I guess I’ll just be blunt and say not well.”

-- The Predator pilot who flew upside down, when asked by investigators how well her training had prepared her for such an incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
did they ever find that plane?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
it's gone, guys

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
women drone pilots

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"fag. faaaaag. learn to play, fag. god how do i team switch, i always get stuck with fags and noobs. [sound of energy drink can being opened]"

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
This is why I don't pay taxes.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
how do you tell a drone what to do, i mean what communication do they use that theres no delay and etc

i hosed all kinds of arabs up in BF2 and i was good at 1942 so i dunno why i havent been summoned

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ansible connection

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

ansible connection

don't be a loving human being

Ronnie B.
Apr 30, 2002

Hold on, I'm trying to turn off my own show, how does this work?
When dude-bros fly planes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
loving noobs

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Stoic Commie posted:

women drone pilots

this is a bad idea because men are better conditioned to pilot drones since they play videogames while women just rant about them in youtube videos

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
'Go left, gently caress, I mean right. poo poo.'

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
"Uh, sir, I just spilled my Red Bull on the fire control console..."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
"Okay, interesting. We are falling out of the sky.”

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
Do a barrel roll

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

ansible connection

personally i prefer chef to provision my drones

drones and ruby dsls are like england and scotland: better together

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
"Allahu Ackbar!"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

shouldnt there be a thing on the display that tells you if its rightside up or not

if there isnt they should add one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
youd think the ground being in the direction of up would be a clue that you were upside down

but im not a Troop so what do i know

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

paging baw to this thread

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

youd think the ground being in the direction of up would be a clue that you were upside down

but im not a Troop so what do i know

if it's black and white or the image is fuzzy or whatever i could see it being hard to tell

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"What the gently caress the groom was totally in the blast radius but he's still alive. HAX!"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"I see a group of people huddled around some people lying on the ground. They look injured. I think they're children. Engaging targets!"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"Target anyone that's brown."

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i wonder if they have a mosque stencil back at the base

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Nice title op

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
piloting drones is art

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i bet nerds would be really good drone pilots

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Fandyien posted:

i bet nerds would be really good drone pilots

My father is a 737 captain. His response to this article was "...Obviously under-trained operators with nil situational awareness but a lot of video gaming under their belts."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you play games and have little situational awareness then you're not very good at them

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
In Russia they deliver pizza by drone, but so far they've burned the poo poo out of locals with mozzarella and hot tomato sauce

http://rt.com/news/167936-russia-drones-pizza-delivery/

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

indigi posted:

"Okay, interesting. We are falling out of the sky.”

“That’s freaking us!” :lol:

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Drunk & Ugly posted:

how do you tell a drone what to do, i mean what communication do they use that theres no delay and etc

Lag builds character and skill.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unidentified drone pilot posted:

Best do-buy yourself a ticket back to where you came from

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i hosed all kinds of arabs up in BF2 and i was good at 1942 so i dunno why i havent been summoned

Bet the idiots didn't shell out for the gold plated wiring so they have an extra 10ms delay. Honestly im not sure how these noobs manage to make a career out of this considering my k/d ratio is way better then theirs

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

if it's black and white or the image is fuzzy or whatever i could see it being hard to tell

How do they not have a loving gyroscope in the thing so they can tell what's up or down in those situations? Lol

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Don't be so upset you guys, I'm just taking the drone for a joyride over New York City.

Allahu Ackbar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

they really should nerf children somehow i say give them bigger hitboxes or something

as is they're too hard to murder

• Locked thread