Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitor ain't been publicly caught. This isn't Keith Kizar's NSAC anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chael :cry:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Vitor really should be dumped at this point, but he hasn't lost since his short-notice fight against Jones. They may not be legally able to fire him right now.

If he loses and they still don't shitcan him, though, they're probably making a mistake.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
beat the poo poo out of people? sure, in 9 months

talk on shitbox? no, sorry

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

It sucks that chael got fired since hes one of the only UFC dudes with a fun personality, but at the same time its good that they draw the line somewhere I guess. Doesnt explain why Vitor is still getting paid to fight though when he has assuredly been on 10x as many PEDs for 10x as long as Sonnen
Someone else smart will hire him in the near future and/or he'll almost certainly be back on board with them sooner or later. He's literally the only good talker in the entire fighter roster

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Maybe ESPN will scoop him up and revive that show I don't remember the name of that John Anick hosted

MMA Live?

Chael probably has enough money to sit back for a while and wait for this to blow over.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

ChampRamp posted:

Chael probably has enough money to sit back for a while and wait for this to blow over.

He can always start working the night shift at his pizza joint in West Linn

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
This is the worst day :(

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Poor Shael :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chael nooooooo

I don't really get this decision by the Fox or the UFC. The dudes officially retired. Its not as if it was really in disgrace either. He was pretty open and forthright from the beginning about his PED use in the general public, even if behind the scenes he was trying to sell the commission a bridge.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBdVncU_LA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Chael nooooooo

I don't really get this decision by the Fox or the UFC. The dudes officially retired. Its not as if it was really in disgrace either. He was pretty open and forthright from the beginning about his PED use in the general public, even if behind the scenes he was trying to sell the commission a bridge.

What? He tried to pass it off as medically necessary in two different ways. That's very different form "yep, I'm juicing to enhance my performance."

There is no mystery about motivation. UFC and Fox both make money from MMA being popular. Employing known juicers, in some minds, makes the sport look like a joke. It seems like you are kind of ignoring the fact that he got caught being very naughty. His quick retirement only makes him look more guilty, and paying him to talk on TV would still be rewarding him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm Coleman screaming NO loving WAY but I know he will be back. I just hate to see him go because I enjoyed him with that group of guys and think he is valuable enough that he will be snatched up before they can bring him back.

Any way you look at it, Chael is rich for life, retired, and about to be a dad. I think he won.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Team Quest Head Trainer Chael Sonnen

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Twist: Chael finds himself as commentary at Spike MMA (prev Bellator).

Likelihood: Probably not, but fingers crossed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BlindSite posted:

Chael nooooooo

When you retire because you get caught doing PEDs (including HGH) after repeated public lies that you were doing PEDs for non cheating purposes you retired in disgrace. There are few more disgraceful ways to retire than because you constantly cheated and got caught.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

heeebrew posted:

Twist: Chael finds himself as commentary at Spike MMA (prev Bellator).

Likelihood: Probably not, but fingers crossed.

Chael might go the Rich Franklin OneFC route where he infiltrates joins another MMA organization and helps them out, but Chael probably has a lot of love for Zuffa since they made him rich & gave him many opportunities to fight for a world title. I wouldn't expect him to help out their biggest competitor.

Then again that describes Randy Couture and that didn't stop Randy from turning his back on the company when Viacom money was put on the table.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Chael might go the Rich Franklin OneFC route where he infiltrates joins another MMA organization and helps them out, but Chael probably has a lot of love for Zuffa since they made him rich & gave him many opportunities to fight for a world title. I wouldn't expect him to help out their biggest competitor.

Then again that describes Randy Couture and that didn't stop Randy from turning his back on the company when Viacom money was put on the table.

Randy had also turned his back on the company multiple times.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't think Chael is going to go to anything resembling a competitor. Maybe we'll see Chael Sonnen Invicta Expert though.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

It sucks losing basically the only studio analyst with any charisma, but this might be the first time in his entire life he's actually had to deal with real (and possibly lasting) consequences for his actions, so that's nice.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I am unhappy about things.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

It sucks losing basically the only studio analyst with any charisma, but this might be the first time in his entire life he's actually had to deal with real (and possibly lasting) consequences for his actions, so that's nice.

Yeah getting a criminal record and being removed from public office doesn't involve any real consequences, good observation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Once the heat has died down, Chael Sonnen can probably walk his way into the wrestlemans as a promo/occasional wrestleman, and might just end up getting re-hired by the UFC down the line anyway.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 1, 2014

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
We can't have someone with a history of PED abuse talking about sports. Hey, where's that village idiot who tells literally anyone who will listen about chem trails, ayohuasca and weed? Ask him if he needs more work.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Eddie Bravo isn't employed by the UFC

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

We can't have someone with a history of PED abuse talking about sports. Hey, where's that village idiot who tells literally anyone who will listen about chem trails, ayohuasca and weed? Ask him if he needs more work.

Lol

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Chael will prob wait 6 months, write a tell all book, declare himself a reformed Christian and become a senator.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Neurosis posted:

Yeah getting a criminal record and being removed from public office doesn't involve any real consequences, good observation.

He didn't hold public office. He ran unopposed in a primary and then dropped out before the general election. He committed felonious money laundering and mortgage fraud and got probation as a plea bargain because he cooperated.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

omg chael crash posted:

I am unhappy about things.

Turn left, Chael! NOOO!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Marching Powder posted:

lol his body literally changed its shape in his mid-forties from the extent of his HGH abuse and he was in front of a camera on a monthly basis

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

TheRationalRedditor posted:

lol his body literally changed its shape in his mid-forties from the extent of his HGH abuse and he was in front of a camera on a monthly basis
Are you talking about Chael, Rogan, or Dana?

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I'm so sad. Cheating, lying, racist fraudster loses his job and will have to scrape by on his banked millions and property portfolio. The humanity!

BJ Penn put it well during the Sean Sherk debacle. Someone who takes steroids in another sport is doing it to run faster or jump higher. In MMA they are doing it so they can do more damage to another person. It's morally reprehensible. (The fact that Chael was doing it while preparing to fight roid-goblins is irrelevant).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

outy posted:

I'm so sad. Cheating, lying, racist fraudster loses his job and will have to scrape by on his banked millions and property portfolio. The humanity!

BJ Penn put it well during the Sean Sherk debacle. Someone who takes steroids in another sport is doing it to run faster or jump higher. In MMA they are doing it so they can do more damage to another person. It's morally reprehensible. (The fact that Chael was doing it while preparing to fight roid-goblins is irrelevant).

He wasn't a racist.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Ah Icurus... You flew too close to the sun on waxen balls and now you fall...

outy
Aug 27, 2004

BlindSite posted:

He wasn't a racist.

He acted like a racist and said racist things on many occasions for money. He's a professional racist. It's possible that he didn't really mean anything he said, but who are we to judge?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
now is gilbert's time to shine!

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

outy posted:

This is a silly argument. I don't think most people are sad because they're worried he'll be destitute. They're sad because he was entertaining to watch on television and now we don't get to see him there anymore.

BlindSite posted:

He wasn't a racist.

Much as I like the guy, he has legitimately said some racist things. Even if I was to accept the argument that saying it all in the service of cutting a promo makes it all okay, that time he told that dude to "stop talking ghetto" always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm glad he seems to have mostly cut that poo poo out. The "he fed a bus a carrot"/"Brazilian children play in the mud" stuff was all really stupid.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chael Sonnen said xenophobic things to rile up Brazilian opponents to create a lot of hype for his upcoming fights, make himself extremely marketable to people who aren't Brazilian and likely had Brazilians tuning in to watch him get his comeuppance for saying these things.

I'm a pretty stupid person, but I think there's a pretty big difference between being racist and genuinely having racist ideals and saying controversial things to sell something. I don't believe that Sonnen is racist, and I don't think what Sonnen did was right, but he was really good at it and no one got seriously hurt or died from it.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
How has no one brought up Khabilov winning the biggest decision of his career yesterday? This vaults him right into title contention and reaffirms the controversial UFC vs. CondomDepot.com verdict of 2009 at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I'm still amazed that a professional cheater like Chael ends up getting popped and fired over HGH, the one PED that you have to loving try really hard to get caught using.

• Locked thread