Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If Chael was on HGH and T and EPO and HcG and whatever the gently caress else, what kind of poo poo must Vitor be on to look like this? He must have an IV full of poo poo just pumping it into him for hours a day.

It probably looks a little like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zaJdLb07NU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Ahah, Chael always manages to snatch defeat out of victory.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Agent Tough Juice posted:

How has no one brought up Khabilov winning the biggest decision of his career yesterday? This vaults him right into title contention and reaffirms the controversial UFC vs. CondomDepot.com verdict of 2009 at the same time.

Am I a crazy person or has Khabilov not actually fought for a month, and he lost that fight?

Also, Lol
"Is the removal of Condom Depot from the UFC/WEC a good thing for the sport?

25% Yes (713 votes)
75% No (2106 votes)

2819 votes total"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Chael Sonnen said a lot of poo poo to promote fights, who cares. Anderson Silva doesn't care anymore, Shogun doesn't care. If you care about that stuff you're on the same level of Wandy, and then you should reassess your life.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG75pr10XxY

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

The Sphinxster posted:

I don't disagree, but there is a yawning chasm between not giving a gently caress and actively endorsing as far as PR goes.

MetamorisPro posted:

“@T_RAV_4real: @MetamorisPro is Sonnen still on the card?” Yes. The only test he should be concerned about is the test of his technique.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I want Chael to go crazy with HGH now and sub Galvao.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

prepare for laughter when Chael gets swept by some gracie-in-a-box purple belt.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Mike Dolce is mad that fighters are paying managers too much, which leaves not enough money for him

Mike Dolce posted:

"These managers are charging the athletes 20 percent," Dolce said, "just to answer a phone call from Joe Silva to get one opponent's name, to then call the athlete and say, you're fighting Johnny So-and-So. And then the manager then takes 20 percent out of that. And then the athlete doesn't have enough money to pay for a world-class coaching staff that will properly prepare them ..."

"UFC athletes don't need managers, they need lawyers," he continued. "When you can hire a lawyer to do contract review and negotiation for a few hundred to a few thousand dollars and then be done and not have to give 20 percent of all their earning in perpetuity, like these managers and agents."

Mike Constantino of MVC Management posted:

I take great offense to that as a manager. That is as much as a blanket statement as someone saying, "Who needs a diet guru? Go do an internet search."
you don’t need to pay a diet guru 20 percent to buy your groceries.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/1/5861698/manager-fires-back-at-mike-dolce-for-recent-comments

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I wonder how Mike Dolce's manager feels about this.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Keith Mars posted:

Am I a crazy person or has Khabilov not actually fought for a month, and he lost that fight?

Bad Hobby Lobby joke

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm fairly sure that fighters would likely struggle to put in the time needed to train and arrange sponsorship deals, as well as things like finding and getting special sparring partners in for camps all by themselves. I think the managers do more for their clients than Dolce thinks they do.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I think any time there's someone with talent making money, it's natural for crowds of people to attach themselves like leeches hoping for a cut. Having said that, if a manager can influence the company to the degree that they're paying a fighter in excess of 20% more than they would have if he was unrepresented (or badly represented) then they've earned their money.

I'd imagine a good manager will get you considerably more prize money, sponsorship and more favourable match-ups than a Mike Kogan. I'd be surprised if a dietician is on a percentage rather than a flat fee, and I'd like to see them try to justify it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Chael news sucks but as was already posted he'll be fine.

Also people mad at him saying things to hype a fight must have never watched pro wrestling where there is literally a 'hate on everyone who isn't an american' heel character doing the a worse schtick than Chael in 2014 but because it's a pro wrestling character nobody worries about it. Fight hype Chael is completely different than post-fight press conference Chael. It's all an act. It's weird to me when people can't separate characters from the actual people but I guess that means it's working.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The thing that separates Zeb Colter and his stable and Chael Sonnen is that there's an understanding that everything that's said in the WWE is purely fictional as a rule and these are actors playing a character on a scripted TV show.

Obviously, we all know Sonnen was playing a character too for all intents and purposes, but the first time it wasn't really so cut and dry immediately and it's not especially something you'd expect from a fighter and that made it more personal. After that, everyone knows that he's just being Sonnen. Wanderlei is an idiot for taking it seriously after Sonnen had been doing it for so long, but in the build up to the first Anderson fight, I can see why people would be upset at him.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Bad Hobby Lobby joke

I'm so dense I actually read the whole decision yesterday and this still flew over my head :downs:

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
:10bux: says Chael does a stint in the WWE

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
What Chael does moving forward is going to be pretty obvious once we see how Dana reacts to the situation. If he's overly dismissive and gives him no real sign of a possible future then you could expect him to pursue other avenues.

I can't imagine they would really completely sever ties since he's such a valuable personality, as much as I can't stand him.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 1, 2014

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up at WSOF

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The Chael news sucks but as was already posted he'll be fine.

Also people mad at him saying things to hype a fight must have never watched pro wrestling where there is literally a 'hate on everyone who isn't an american' heel character doing the a worse schtick than Chael in 2014 but because it's a pro wrestling character nobody worries about it. Fight hype Chael is completely different than post-fight press conference Chael. It's all an act. It's weird to me when people can't separate characters from the actual people but I guess that means it's working.

It's not about being mad at him. Just because you're trying to sell more tickets for something it doesn't give you carte blanche to say or do whatever you like. If you tell a racist joke, you are by definition a racist. You can say "I'm only joking!" at the end, but that doesn't alter the fact that you are a racist.

It doesn't prey on my mind or keep me up at night, I encounter racism pretty much every day and I couldn't give a poo poo if some guy who lives thousands of miles away from me that I'll never meet is a racist. The only issue I have is that his comments get airtime and there's plenty of impressionable young people out there that see him as a sporting hero, when he normalises that sort of language it has a pretty significant negative impact.

But whatever, it's just an act.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MycroftXXX posted:

:10bux: says Chael does a stint in the WWE

Wouldn't shock me if he ended up wrestling at Wrestlemania 31

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

outy posted:

If you tell a racist joke, you are by definition a racist.

No you aren't. By definition, you're a racist if you believe that one race is inherently superior to another. Telling a racist joke is just telling a racist joke.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@bokamotoESPN posted:

Sorry if I'm killing suspense here but BJ Penn just weighed in at 148. Then ate lunch. Doesn't appear 146 on Saturday will be a problem.

MOTIVATED BJ IS A REALITY

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

According to uncle creepy all bj does for strength and conditioning is building roads and farming

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Google Butt posted:

all bj does for strength and conditioning is building roads and farming

and smokes a lot of weed. a lot of weed.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I want Chael to go crazy with HGH now and sub Galvao.

Chael will most likely be on less juice than Galvao.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lungboy posted:

No you aren't. By definition, you're a racist if you believe that one race is inherently superior to another. Telling a racist joke is just telling a racist joke.

You guys need to take it to D&D, because you don't know what you are talking about. And this is me saying that... so you REALLY don't know wtf you are saying.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lungboy posted:

This is something racist people say.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is something racist people say.

don't be racist against racist people bro

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Lungboy posted:

Arguments over semantics are dull. Racism can be demonstrated by belief, policy, action or practice. If Chael was being ironic, you might have a case, but he wasn't and you don't.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
chael p sonnen is tearing us apart

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i really want this racist to talk about mma and be paid for it.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I didn't know they had computers in Brazil

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Chael Sonnen is a racist and promotes hitting women

*wicked guitar riff*

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

outy posted:

Arguments over semantics are dull. Racism can be demonstrated by belief, policy, action or practice. If Chael was being ironic, you might have a case, but he wasn't and you don't.

You're dull and should go tell your tumblr about this instead of posting it here.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wow. Bringing a little bit of Vale Tudo to the USA.

You know what, it's their business. I'm just impressed by the (tiny) balls it takes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

outy posted:

He was being a pro wrestling heel who happened to be competing in a real sport. I have no idea if he's truly a racist or not, but he's apparently had nice things to say about Brazilians and Brazil when he's dropped the act.

It's your right to find such tactics tasteless, but it's not necessarily any more indicative of the man's true opinions than a actor's racist diatribe in a movie would be.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 2, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Thauros posted:

He was being a pro wrestling heel who happened to be competing in a real sport. I have no idea if he's truly a racist or not, but he's apparently had nice things to say about Brazilians and Brazil when he's dropped the act.

Kind of ironic that the last time Chael was publicly lauded was while being in attendance of that TUF Brazil 3 card while Wanderlei was booed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hes had nothing but nice things to say about Anderson or Shogun since their fights and really never said anything bad about shogun at all, the only one who was still dumb enough to be mad at him is Wandy who hasn't had a valid synaptic response since 2003

• Locked thread