Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, casual fans probably don't even know so I'm sure he'll be fine.

I wonder if Metamoris signed the fight after the news because they are pretty much endorsing juice if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

fatherdog posted:

If Metamoris gave a gently caress about juice they would be testing.

I don't disagree, but there is a yawning chasm between not giving a gently caress and actively endorsing as far as PR goes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, definitely about protecting the brand. They don't pay known cheaters!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Chael nooooooo

I don't really get this decision by the Fox or the UFC. The dudes officially retired. Its not as if it was really in disgrace either. He was pretty open and forthright from the beginning about his PED use in the general public, even if behind the scenes he was trying to sell the commission a bridge.

What? He tried to pass it off as medically necessary in two different ways. That's very different form "yep, I'm juicing to enhance my performance."

There is no mystery about motivation. UFC and Fox both make money from MMA being popular. Employing known juicers, in some minds, makes the sport look like a joke. It seems like you are kind of ignoring the fact that he got caught being very naughty. His quick retirement only makes him look more guilty, and paying him to talk on TV would still be rewarding him.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wow. Bringing a little bit of Vale Tudo to the USA.

You know what, it's their business. I'm just impressed by the (tiny) balls it takes.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chael is a guy who cheated to win.

Haha!

edit: Faber said that in his Helwani interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The Jake Shields truth movement is coming to lay down on you. (Shields was featured in a really cool ad for that show so maybe he meant something. Probably less than hype for "The biggest UFC event ever in a sold out Skydome."

I'll never forget Aldo because he gave Hominick the biggest hematoma I've ever seen.

• Locked thread