Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
chael p sonnen is tearing us apart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Agent Tough Juice posted:

7 fights in 5 years... I feel bad for the guy.

Someday Rogan will unmask him in a post-fight interview to reveal Dominick Cruz

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

LobsterMobster posted:

Who even would she defend against, though?

1st AD posted:

If Cruz were healthy he would've gotten a shot I think, but 135 is kind of hosed right now since its full of guys that already lost to Barão and Faber and the only guys who have a good claim for a title shot are a cripple and the guy that owns TJ's camp and probably the house he lives in.

Clearly these problems solve each other and I will accept my check from Joe Silva now, thanks.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

coconono posted:

Unfortunately, there's no precedent in combat sports or field sports for intergender competition. It'd have to be a hellacious sell.

So Ronda vs Brock Lesnar

Overeem holds press conference in protest, gasses out halfway through his impassioned explanation of 'claimsies'

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Jack of Hearts posted:

Where will they find a big enough can to feed to Carano? This is all for the purpose of a fraudulent superfight with RR, so how can they be sure of making this convincing, given how far WMMA has moved and how Gina has almost assuredly not been training?

In light of both of those observations (seriously it's been like five years) they could put Arianny in there and Carano would still probably go to a decision

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bubba Smith posted:

Is there a Portuguese translation for 'supplement deez nuts'?

let's ask Vitor, since he doubtlessly uses it a lot

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

fatherdog posted:

I'll always love him for beating up a metric ton of Americans in one night, and uppercutting Francisco Bueno five times while he was in the process of falling over.

For those of you who haven't seen it

Igor threw a bunch of those weird thumb-down punches that Russians always seem to use (Aleks Emilianenko did it a lot too) and basically turned his hands into glass as a result, but when those things landed, they really landed.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Senjuro posted:

So DC is going into the fight with his knee still messed up? Jeez, like he didn't have enough disadvantages against Jones already.

I wouldn't be surprised if he eats like a million oblique kicks to that knee.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
:hellyeah: Idgaf who it's against, I'm just happy to see Nick fighting again because I'm a total mark for that goofy compustrike-crashing motherfucker.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Bluedeanie posted:

Well the positive is I get to see Nick Diaz fight, the negative is now I have to hear words said by Nick Diaz and observe behavior from Nick Diaz.

I wish I could adequately explain how much of a positive that actually is. Don't be scared, homie.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
The website is pretty great but I hope they refine the search function someday, like maybe put tags on each video so you can reliably search by fighter. Like, if I search for Matt Brown I get results from Mike Brown, Travis Browne, Matt Mitrione, and Dennis Bermudez (probably because the mention of his fight with Matt Grice is in the description) on the first page alone.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
How appropriate that Kingsbu would be retired by a dude named Cummins

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
:toxx: if Andy beats Nick Diaz I will change my avatar to a ridiculous patriotic Brazil-themed one of PSP's choosing and donate $200 to the Wheelchair Foundation in his name (because by crushing my hopes and dreams he will have demonstrated he doesn't need one anymore)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

MassRafTer posted:

Nevada's stupid drug testing is going to ruin this, I just know it.

God drat it don't let weed ruin this for us. They should have the fight on a loving boat in international waters if they have to. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

vainman posted:

I don't know if you missed it last week but drug failures are no longer a thing

I think you'll find that both those men were holders of the coveted Best Friend Status, which you can't get if you refuse to show up to the meetings and instead fax over an 8x10 of yourself giving the double middle finger and use up all the NSAC's toner

• Locked thread