Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Ahah, Chael always manages to snatch defeat out of victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Between his medical issues and karo's death spiral of anxiety issues, I'd just as soon not see struve fight again. He's young and needs to move on to the next phase of his life before he ends up like baroni.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Barao getting a rematch is dumb as hell. He got blown out of the water and was an unsellable hobgoblin of a champion in the first place. Machida put on a good fight, but it was one that he lost. I'd be perfectly ok with Machida getting a Jimi Manuwa level opponent and a rematch after Weidman runs through vitor though.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Reminder that chael's chiropractor put him on trt after getting the results of two blood tests that he drawn on the same day.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Aldo is kind of correct in that he's getting dicked on fighter pay. He draws what he draws, yes, but the place where he'd be the most likely to get buys, has the fights for free on tv.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

Reem vs Rothwell on the CT card

That has a tepid 30-27 written all over.

Think of how much energy cain used to get a questionable tko over rothwell.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

They also won't die in droves before they're 50, so look on the bright side

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Yuriy posted:

I'm telling you right now, we tested the poo poo out of him before every fight he fought. I told you guys, I don't remember at what point it was, I said 'Believe me, we're gonna put him through the ringer with the TRT thing.'

*this* time, hoo boy is vitor going to get it. Certainly this time

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Dangersim posted:

"I lost the fight because he hit me so loving hard I didn't know where I was." What a crybaby am i rite

This is also the hendo pizza story as well, but he isn't a whiner pussy for ~reasons~

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

I find it just as annoying when a pair of fighters have a well matched, closely contested fight and the victor then shits on the match by reeling off a list of his numerous and crippling injuries.

You know that amazing fight, in which my opponent and I each had moments of success, which forced me to adjust my gameplan on the fly, resulting in a narrow, but decisive victory? Well I was actually legally dead for two hours a week before the fight and that awesome match was really me fighting at 20% of my gym potential :smug:

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

I find it annoying in general. The actual fights that I was thinking of were hendricks/lawler and machida/weidman

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've been walking around this whole last week with this stuck in my head

I've had one of these, but it was a remark one of my friends made to the effect that conor mcgregor is the homer simpson to dustin poirier's frank grimes.

I now hope it plays out exactly the same way in the prefight hype and match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Here's a list of those that been hurt by a Jon Jones oblique kick:

• feelings

I don't mind them and think they are a part of the game, but the knee injury that lead to him missing weight against bader was from jones.

E: or maybe not. He certainly caught one while badly positioned that hyperextended his knee though

Street Horrrsing fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread