Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
now is gilbert's time to shine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
"de nile" is not just the status of wanderlei silva's license in nevada !!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i can't fault dolce for self promoting or making money but every time he opens his mouth he sounds like the most full of poo poo man alive, and i've been exposed to the sonnen/wand/vitor three way for weeks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
barao will do better next time round only because he can't possibly do worse. tj's going to beat the gently caress out of him again though.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9eO2GCphw

Hunt's superfan has a cameo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's cool that he said he would potentially give up beer for a title shot, then when asked about his upcoming fight would talk only about beer. the man has more dedication than cowboy.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Why did you sting me? Without me you'll drown in this river! Said the frog.

209 motherfucker 209 209 said the scorpion.

lmfao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This was the worst possible Struve result to wake up to

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Machida is the most exciting boring fighter ever and it's going to be so poo poo when he retires

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh also Faber vs Kid at this point is like doing BJ Penn vs Rumina Sato, however Kid's a bag of poo poo and it keeps Faber from strangling a potential title challenger for one more fight at least. I hope Faber doesn't get drafted in to rescue 176 so it can happen.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Sprecherscrow posted:

Actually, Royce and Saku have 105 minutes thanks to their '07 homage to Inoki/Ali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwKwM2gLeU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this is after years of exogenous testosterone injections

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm glad the PRIDE VTR guy got the easiest job in the world, comparing fat people to monsters

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

new fighting style: sort of lean up against the cage resting on your right arm, and constantly ask the ref if its hot in here, or is it just me

Frank Mir's Art of Deception

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Where he was constantly humming along at 1/8th the energy level of a 200 year old wrestling golem

name one person who isn't a) mentally ill and playing for the cameras like mayhem or b) clay guida that can come close to matching the energy level of the ancient and irascible one

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Yeah, but it's a golden age for the EPO business. One that will never end.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
his voice is definitely not as funny as sonnen's but he does sound like sean mccorkle got kicked in the sack

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it was cool when chael called overeem a "balco lab rat", and then all that other stuff happened. in a few years aldo is going to surpass carlos newton and graduate from medical school.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

The "legitimate" boxing hall of fame includes Sylvester Stallone

in fairness Rocky Balboa is at worst the second most famous boxer on the planet despite the fact he doesn't exist

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I don't care about the hall of fame unless they build a physical hall and let Coleman live in it free of charge

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Life is probably pretty cool if you're Brock Lesnar. I don't know much about professional wrestling but I'm pretty confident nobody in their locker room could ever talk poo poo about him.

they don't need to, he's bursting at the seams with it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Brendan Schaub getting killed in Brazil indirectly saved someone's life other than my own. The physio Nogueira hired to try and get him ready in time told him exactly which hospital to go to when some girl in his gym had a stroke :angel:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Ken's a god drat psycho but good for him finding a way to pay the steroid and legal bills that doesn't involve getting his last handfull of brain cells rattled around the can too hard

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yuriy posted:

i imagine if there's a hall of fame for "martial arts" it's the biggest crock of poo poo full of people like frank dux and steven seagal

there's hundreds of them and most of them are full of mcdojo guys who paid for it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

david carmichael posted:

Tmz reports kimo is dead

Kimo holds a press conference assuring everyone he is alive

Tmz stands by their original story

i wish the video of the press conference oma subsequently held in a bar where he said despite kimo's claims to the contrary he's still dead wasn't gone

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/nsac-after-failed-tests-chael-sonnen-must-appear-before-commission-on-july-23

war was beginning

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i wonder what a longass unbroken card is going to do to the ratings

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
"miller light" would be a good nickname for jim if his brother is still around

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

hahaha the bit about the loving akiyama fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Igor was a treasure of the hosed up scummy tournament era and I'm still pissed the Wanderlei figh never happened

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So basically he got the PTS, but didn't get the D

:smugdog:

he's lost all interest in it now that he has to stop trt

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
for some reason (forums bug most likely) i can't see a thread for the commission hearing tomorrow, but here's the agenda with the card order http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/14_Agendas/07-23-14AG.pdf

vitor is on the undercard and chael is main eventing. there's gonna be glove talk but only a single other quasi famous mma cameo in ancient hooligan alexis vila. see you at the fights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNu2wgDMVs

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lactic acidosis is an all time great excuse imo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Typical wrestler bullshit. *cannonball strikes my face* This couldn't be any more boring. *legs are severed by artillery* Avoiding the fight as usual.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

manyak posted:

what's everyone so mad about

regardless of its present status i will never know the taste of mcrib

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Vitor is definitely running at about 5%

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

masato tatanka posted:

Faber vs. Masahori Kanehara on sept 20 Japan card

haha, what the gently caress, why?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

Who is this person, and how is his last fight a DQ loss for "fighter thrown from ring?

he's the banana gi wearing sengoku guy who won their gp in unlikely fashion then got faceplanted by sandro so bad it cracked his chin forever. there's a really funny photo of when he dropped kid yamamoto. also the korean zombie wants to kill him because hegot robbed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
well of course he's going to shoot himself if you don't also sign Murtaugh to stop him

• Locked thread