Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

It sucks losing basically the only studio analyst with any charisma, but this might be the first time in his entire life he's actually had to deal with real (and possibly lasting) consequences for his actions, so that's nice.

Yeah getting a criminal record and being removed from public office doesn't involve any real consequences, good observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

1st AD posted:

Against a severely overweight Rumble Johnson, but yeah once Vitor is taken down he just sits there until he gets stopped or the fight ends.

My recollection of this is that Vitor's ability to get back to his feet in this fight was heavily ref assisted.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Just caught up on the fights. The crowd was terrible. Cerrone/Miller went... Pretty much like I expected. Cerrone maybe showed a little more head movement than he normally does. Which isn't saying much. I liked the knees.

Geno Petralli posted:

It's not actually a tramp stamp, it's just a lower back tattoo (as per a girl I dated briefly)

Uhuh.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 19, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

1st AD posted:

I never actively root for Thomson because he fights like once a year and his knees are made of paper mache, if he somehow got his title shot there's a huge chance he'd just get injured again

Don't forget he makes little bitch noises in the cage.

Given Anderson v Diaz I advise everyone to take a short position on weed in the Stockton area.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Anderson would counter a middle finger with a perfectly timed tap to the jaw, dropping Nick face first to the mat. Nick would then bounce back up by yelling bitch into the canvas so loud his body flew straight back to standing like a Dracula who slept in his coffin face down.

loving lol

This and the Aesop fable about the scorpion from the 209 were great.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Captain Log posted:

I see Anderson vs. Nick going about like this -

And then Anderson Silva doing something like this -

And then going home and doing this -

He might not want to get that belt back, but Anderson is a A- fighter on his worst day. Nick Is a B+ guy on his best. Unless Anderson's chin got thrown in the river next to GSP's Serra Brick, I don't see a viable path to victory.

Yes, fighting works by power levels like that nick will never be above a 300 rating fighter.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Marching Powder posted:

Fighting type beats grass type

About to post this exact joke.

It's okay Log just using absolute values for a fighter will always sound silly given Dennis Hallman > Matt Hughes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Lightweight Rich Clementi's victory over Rumble will make MMAth even more perverse.

• Locked thread