Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

prepare for laughter when Chael gets swept by some gracie-in-a-box purple belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

This is something racist people say.

don't be racist against racist people bro

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Who even would she defend against, though?

Rin Nakai. C'mon Dana you know Ronda would talk the gently caress out of this fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Even Rin's explanation of her dress is creepy and distressing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

UFC needs to bring back PRIDE walkouts just so Rousey can be carried to the cage on a throne.

Also that Weidman/Machida fight was really good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Felice getting into a fight almost immediately sounds about right.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bundt Cake posted:

Three round beating? He didnt really get hit that much except for the exchange where he got split open, and he gave Weidman a swollen eye, too.

Weidman oppressed him for 3 rounds. Weidman got wobbled in the 3rd and the 4th but Lyoto didn't capitalize. By the 5th both guys looked ready to fall over and they still went at it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

guy in a jetta posted:

"I hope this person loses so we get to see cosplay" -a goon

Well it's not like she's going to suddenly get good at fighting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gil is capable of going into full on Diaz dumb rants, so that'll be interesting.

Pettis seems pretty bro.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I offered to fight Tim Sylvia and he thought I was joking. Then he blocked me. Shoulda took the fight, Tim.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At this point, I'm surprised they haven't talked out loud about Rousey vs. Bruce Leroy or something.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bubba Smith posted:

All I ask is the next Rousey challenger go longer than 1 round and maybe a moment or two of success.

so Jose Aldo?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Since the Nick Newell beating didn't deliver the outcry I figured it would I do morbidly wonder if we could get away with such a thing. The only match I would approve of would be Rousey/Caraway though.

Unfortunately, there's no precedent in combat sports or field sports for intergender competition. It'd have to be a hellacious sell.

So Ronda vs Brock Lesnar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I could see Holmes vs Zingano as a title eliminator.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

I don't think Ronda will ever assume anything except that she's going to kick her opponent's rear end in every single area. She may gameplan that she's going to preferentially go for the takedown or preferentially go for standup depending on where she thinks they're weak, but assuming she's going to get lit up is foreign to Ronda's mindset in more or less every way.

Ronda would trade with Holmes just to mentally break her down. Even in her earlier fights, there's a certain level of calculated aggression in Ronda's gameplans that other w135s lack.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Guess he's done with politics then

He's too honest for Indiana politics.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I listened to this whole thing on a boring workday and I came out of it kind of liking Schaub. He's dumb as hell and a DEFCON2 level bro but hanging out with people like Rogan and Callen has also given him the confidence to admit funny stuff like that he has major body image issues, talk poo poo on people who knocked him out and also Bigfoot Silva, and freely discuss how he's super vain. He has a childlike enthusiasm and enough moments of clarity to make me not hate him anymore.

He sounds like a goddamn parody whenever he's talking about "dating". I put it in quotes because it's really just him throwing around the term "Dime piece" and talking about wanting to have sex with everybody, not much dating mentioned. He said him and Bruce Buffer traded strange-hunting stories on an airplane ride once, but wouldn't elaborate much other than to say that BB obviously has great pull with the ladies.

Bruce Buffer's normal speaking voice is like a wizards spell. That dude could talk a nun out of her habit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beer's basically liquefied bread that's mildly poisonous so drinking a beer is p.much carb loading.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Do they make Rousey wear fake ears in movies? I can imagine some dipshit director freaking out about her cauliflowered ears.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's pretty lame that Wand is running around pretending like he was exonerated somehow rather than the reality of him just being a piece of poo poo and then seeing his rival fall to his level. Walking around talking about fights with Luke Rockhold. Lame.

Clean Wand will get murdered by Rockhold, what the hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deffo rooting for Kingsbury on this one.

Also, Lawler is gonna win via moonsault.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you think with all the UFC money, she'd get some IKEA organizers, drat girl.

Also what the gently caress is that green thing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aurain posted:

e: ^ It's not a Marcus Brimage figure.

It's a Marcus Brimage figure.
I wish I was ashamed that I knew Marcus Brimage was going for the Vegeta look. I know I should be.

Actually that looks kinda like Vegeto or whatever fusion dance character from the latter end of the GT series.

Don't ask me why I retain these things yet can't safely recite my GF's birthday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cerrone gettin suplexed repeatedly is a money fight tho.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At the levels UFC guys train and prep for a single fight, and how likely they're gonna get "injured"/injured due to increased drug testing, planning beyond current fight for a guy is drat near impossible.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He faced a lot of not very good fighters, beat Mark Kerr by illegal knees (but gently caress Mark Kerr), probably lost to Sakuraba but somehow got an OT round that Sakuraba couldn't fight because of exhaustion, then got his poo poo kneed in by Coleman.

Jeff Monson will let you watch him do that for free.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Khabib could still win.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

colonel_korn posted:

It is kind of weird to me that someone who is easily making six (probably seven) figures still chooses to live in an apartment with three of her gal pals that requires her to commute 60 miles through LA every day.

All the Ronda interviews I've read/heard seems to indicate that she's sitting on all her money for retirement.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ken Shamrock was just introduced as a UFC Hall of Famer on Steve Austin's podcast. Huh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The thought of the Fitch/Silva fight still makes me laugh a little. The huggiest mauling ever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

John Romero posted:

i am a relative new comer can someone tell my why fitch is funny

He's a crazy person wrestler that managed to talk UFC into insane amounts of money to wrestle the poo poo out of people. And by wrestle I mean, lay on opponents like a wet blanket. Also he was a walk-on that ended up captaining the Purdue wrestling team, which speaks volumes for Purdue's wrestling program(I went there and didn't realize there was one).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That NSAC hearing was a farce. They sucked off Vitor to sell a fight, didn't give the nice soldier guy a license, let the suicidal dude get rubber stamped and then threw the book at a retired fighter.

I'm glad UFC put that up on fightpass just to show was a loving joke they have to put up with.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hopefully Gus didn't suffer from the same knee explosion thing Khabib has.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jon Jones must count his lucky stars everyday that Ken Shamrock isn't coming back.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick's been hittin the nunchucks extra hard for his return match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seltzer posted:

Let's shift subjects and talk about how Matt Brown is going to be the future champion,

Is that before or after Lawlor has him surgically removed from the Ruthless one's fist?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Diaz is gonna learn enough Portuguese to make Anderson Silva angry enough to mess up and get Diazed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Diaz has bad footwork because playing hopscotch as a child was "gay poo poo"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sprecherscrow posted:

An open letter to Robbie Lawler in light of this weekend:

Dear Mr. Lawler,

This fighter you are now. Where was he during those unfortunate years of you being a middle of the road middleweight? What switch got flipped when you returned to both the UFC and welterweight?

Sincerely,
The MMA Watching Public.

I blame Nick Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so, uh, when did UFC sign Joe Riggs? Cuz he just shot himself in the foot today.

• Locked thread