Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I read one of his books and it was awful.
No real "here's what you need to eat and why" just a "here's what I like to eat".

A good nutrition book should explain not only what to eat but how much to eat and how to calculate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'll check it out. Right now the one I like is Nate Miyaki's "Samurai Diet". It has a lot of stuff I don't agree with (like that no one should eat gluten) but he at least gives his reasons and explains.

Ok enough derail.

Weidman gonna win it. For real.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

david carmichael posted:

If he gave enough of the specifics away in his book so that anyone could easily adapt it to their lives hed be putting himself out of business

I think at the elite level you'll likely need a customized individual approach. That's where his big fee comes into play.

For the average amateur mma doofus/ fitness enthusiast, why have a book at all?

I'll say one nice thing about his book though, the 'supafly chicken salad' is pretty tasty.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I've always hated Karen Bryant but I couldn't really explain it and I think this is kinda why. Seemed like she was always trying too hard.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Holy poo poo.

I didn't expect them to do THAT.

I thought they'd bring in somebody irrelevant but interesting or change it to FS1 or FightPass.

I'll still blame this one on Jon Jones though. Feels right.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

1st AD posted:

Welp I'm glad I didn't buy tickets to a show that doesn't exist.

Wolf tickets looking mighty good about now.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I think I read that Jenny Thomson (swimmer) had like really bad stroke technique but it worked for her so her coaches eventually said "gently caress it" and embraced it.

So it happens I guess.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Tech Tip of the Day (TToD):

If you have an Android device (newer, not poo poo) and a Chomecast, you can cast the whole screen on your phone/tablet including sound.

"Wow that's great and all, but what the gently caress does that have to do with the UFC", you say?

Well remember how UFC.TV doesn't have Chromecast support? Now it essentially does. I watched a few fights in pretty good quality (maybe slightly below cable company PPV levels) and didn't have any problems.

This is how I'll personally be watching FightPass stuff from now on.

If this is really old news, I apologize. I consider myself and android dork but didn't really know this until today so maybe some other people don't know too!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Maybe it's just me but I don't give a poo poo about interim belts.

I'd be more down with the idea of "If you haven't defended the belt in 9 months, it's not yours anymore."

TheReverend fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 11, 2014

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I too wish to boat on that lake.

drat good lake.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Lid posted:

A deaf swinger

Nope

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I don't even care about coach bitching.

In fact if you MUST HAVE TUF then make it a 30 minute show and just have good fights.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah dude loving do it.
Looks like a fun show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Be safe Roy.

• Locked thread