Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

I thought Rolando McClain quit football.

I bet like half of them are DWI's.

Like 4 guys were charged from the sex boat thing.

Then there was that Adrian Peterson arrest for being a scary looking dude.

It's pretty much all DUIs, the Sex Boat, and Bryant McKinnie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Ozzie Newsome is really good at getting teams to trade 6ths for players who would otherwise be cut.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not Alaskan or living in the Pacific Northwest, gently caress July.

It's sunny and 64 here on the west coast of Cook Inlet, praise be to July. No salmon yet where I am though =(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

superaielman posted:

Excellent news for the Cowboys fans: They've traded for an LB to fix the defense.

" Dallas traded 6th-rd pick for LB Rolando McClain and Baltimore's 7th-rd pick, per source"

Oh my god a team actually gave us something for Rolando McClain

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Rolando is just a slow, bad linebacker

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Rasczak posted:

Hey now, you take this Rolando McClain. Look at that guy. That right there is unfiltered enthusiasm, like a ray of sunshine into a locker room. I'm telling you, that can be channeled into a winning, can-do attitude.

That is precisely what this team needs. This, gentlemen, is clearly a Right Kinda Guy (RKG).

It's not Ernie Sims so this is a win in my book.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AfterFather posted:

It's not Ernie Sims so this is a win in my book.

You do realize last year he signed with the Ravens then promptly retired and didnt even go to training camp. Then this year he said he would give it a shot then re-retired less than a week later (I think?)?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Rolando is just a slow, bad linebacker

Slow as in dumb or is he actually slow now too? I thought he was supposed to be awesome back when he was drafted. Plus, you know, Al Davis jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MourningView posted:

Everyone stop wearing loving bow ties right now.

Exception: black tie shindigs.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Rolando failed his conditioning test a few months ago and then retired again. I have no idea how that trade worked.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sour Diesel posted:

Rolando failed his conditioning test a few months ago and then retired again. I have no idea how that trade worked.

It'll turn out that the Cowboys accidentally traded a 6th round pick for a 7th straight up.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Slow as in dumb or is he actually slow now too? I thought he was supposed to be awesome back when he was drafted. Plus, you know, Al Davis jokes.

He wasn't a great athlete. He was supposed to have all the intangibles like leadership and always being in the right place at the right time. Wrong on both counts. He's a terrible prospect, and given that football is like a hobby to him or w/e, it's probably not going to get better.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Can't wait to move in to my new house in August and get it ready in time for football and posting

Who wants to have Pantsless Packer Preseason Parties

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

wheez the roux posted:

winter owns, the colder the better :colbert:

You're drunk through the winter how would you know

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

He wasn't a great athlete. He was supposed to have all the intangibles like leadership and always being in the right place at the right time. Wrong on both counts. He's a terrible prospect, and given that football is like a hobby to him or w/e, it's probably not going to get better.

Yeah, one of the major knocks on him coming out was that he didn't have NFL speed. People just assumed his ability to be where he needed to be would make up for it. Not-so-much.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ZenVulgarity posted:

Because he's drunk through summer too. And Spring. And Fall.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

HappyHelmet posted:

Yeah, one of the major knocks on him coming out was that he didn't have NFL speed. People just assumed his ability to be where he needed to be would make up for it. Not-so-much.

Man if I ever visit Al Davis's grave I'm going to tell him I'm disappointed in him for that pick. Dance with who brung ya!

...and who had you mired in a decade of terrible losing seasons, but I personally don't see the downside there.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Petite Dinklage posted:

Can't wait to move in to my new house in August and get it ready in time for football and posting

Who wants to have Pantsless Packer Preseason Parties
You know it.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Let's just say there's a reason St. Bernard rescue dogs have a barrel of brandy on them

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

At best he's a SILB in a defense where he's like the 13th most talented player.

Don't draft Alabama defenders.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

At best he's a SILB in a defense where he's like the 13th most talented player.

Don't draft Alabama defenders.

Unless they're Austrailian

Please be good Jesse Williams

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

wheez the roux posted:

winter owns, the colder the better :colbert:

C'mon man. the Dunes outweighs the lovely ice slush fest that Pullman gets in the winter.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The one good thing about going through a move is that time passes (sometimes too) quickly.

It's almost here again. :unsmith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
http://tmi.me/1evjwn

quote:

Bad news for Bills -- Kiko Alonso was injured working out. Here's a statement from GM Doug Whaley: "We have learned tonight that Kiko Alonso injured his knee while working out in Oregon. We do not have the details at this point, but early indications are that it may be significant."

RIP Bills hopes. Time of death, July 1. That may be a new record this season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol the Bills can have nothing nice.

I'd offer AJ Klein for a first jokingly but they don't have one.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Injury season has officially begun.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Injury season has officially begun.

Where have you been?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Benne posted:

http://tmi.me/1evjwn

RIP Bills hopes. Time of death, July 1. That may be a new record this season.

Still ain't got nothing on the Browns.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

Where have you been?

Other than Sean Lee's unsurprising injury have there been any big ones?

Or is this a rare "you haven't been posting much" where have you been? In which case not much news lately and lots of bullshit at work.

To contribute Rodgers and Jordy are the best QB / WR combo in the NFL over the past three seasons: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/06/30/packers-aaron-rodgers-jordy-nelson-best-qb-wr-duo-in-nfl/

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

Where have you been?

Sean Lee doesn't count, he can sneeze and tear five ligaments.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TubeStank posted:

To contribute Rodgers and Jordy are the best QB / WR combo in the NFL over the past three seasons: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/06/30/packers-aaron-rodgers-jordy-nelson-best-qb-wr-duo-in-nfl/

143.9 passer rating, jesus :stare:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fuuuuuuuuuck everything

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rapsheet says Alonso may have a torn ACL

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Benne posted:

Rapsheet says Alonso may have a torn ACL

Schefter confirmed.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48s
Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

waah posted:

Summer is much more tolerable now that I don't live in North Carolina and it doesn't get :negative: hot as gently caress from mid April through late September.

Dude it gets worse every year. Good decision

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Or is this a rare "you haven't been posting much" where have you been? In which case not much news lately and lots of bullshit at work.

Starting ILB Sean Weatherspoon of the Falcons tore his achilles tendon, out for season. :shrug:

That's the only other one I remember.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Proving once and for all that Navorro Bowman is at the forefront of his position.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Bills seemed to be going all in for the season too, traded their first rounder in the next draft away. Cleveland's odds at yet another #1 pick are pretty drat good right now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Yeah I've been pining away the days awaiting the return of tubestank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

gohuskies posted:

Schefter confirmed.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48s
Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.

Ugh that's crushing. I don't know what I would do if Khalil Mack got hurt before the season

• Locked thread