Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Be nice to TubeStank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nawid posted:

Bills seemed to be going all in for the season too

Except at QB.

EJ's going to have a JP Losman season and we're going to hate him forever. I feel it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The one year I want Buffalo to dominate too.

E: That's not true, I always want Buffalo to dominate.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
If Kiko's out for the season would Lawson be the next in the depth chart?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The one year I want Buffalo to dominate too.

E: That's not true, I always want Buffalo to dominate.

Nah I'm good with 2 picks in the top 5 next year.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

TubeStank posted:

If Kiko's out for the season would Lawson be the next in the depth chart?

Nigel Bradham and maybe Preston Brown. We're a bit more developed at LB this season than last but still. Oooof.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry mate

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Nigel and Preston are right rubbish mate

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
They released the dash footage of the cop arresting Sam Montgomery.

Finch posted it already but didn't mention the video, which is certainly interesting. Sam handled it a hell of a lot better than the cop.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
A fockin chav nicked me mobile and played a spot of lineback wiv it luv

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MourningView posted:

It's a fedora you tie around your neck

You may think it's been long enough but I still remember that you stole that :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It would have been nice to see the Bills be the one good NY team for a season for once

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're the only team in NY period

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DupaDupa posted:

Ozzie Newsome is really good at getting teams to trade 6ths for players who would otherwise be cut.

I am just fine with the deal my team made for a Raven that would have been cut. :colbert:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, Newsome is sort of a double edged sword.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Kawalimus beacon has been activated

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Proving once and for all that Navorro Bowman is at the forefront of his position.

Luke Kuechley could injure his knee and they'd just need to replace a few bolts, maybe a spring or two and he'd be back the next game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Coldforge posted:

Proving once and for all that Navorro Bowman is at the forefront of his position.

I laughed a bit too much at this.

Speaking of LBs, I wonder what thing(s) will happen to Posluzny now that the Jaguars defense should be a bit better* this year.

*this is just a rumor

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rotoworld is salty.

Rotoworld posted:

Appearing on Sirius XM Radio, ex-NFL GM Bill Polian predicted Aldon Smith will receive a three-game suspension "at most" for his off-field transgressions.

Smith caught an enormous break Tuesday when L.A. prosecutors decided against charging him for (allegedly) making a false bomb threat while (allegedly) drunk at an airport this April. The 24-year-old was also arrested for DUI in January 2012, and suspicion of DUI plus marijuana possession in September 2013. In October of 2013, Smith was charged with three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon stemming from a 2012 stabbing incident.

Meanwhile, Browns WR Josh Gordon is facing a year-long ban for smoking weed.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

143.9 passer rating, jesus :stare:

Dude, go back and watch them over the last 3+ years. I've been talking about this for quite a while now, but I guess I just never brought the hard numbers. Man, Rodgers to Jordy has been gold ever since the Super Bowl run. I think people even laughed at me early last year when I said it was the best connection in football.

Of course, Rodgers got injured soon after that and everything went to poo poo, but that doesn't change the fact that when Aaron's healthy, he and Jordy are dynamite.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rotoworld is salty.

A year long ban for getting caught breaking an extremely lax drug policy three times. Not that the offenses are remotely equivalent, of course, but Josh Gordon is his own kind of idiot.

Three games is a lot less than I expected for Aldon, though. Hopefully he's got his head straight when he comes back.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
there's a reason we have rodgers-nelson.gif

Sucks to hear about Kiko though. Now all Buffalo has to hope for is EJ progressing some.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rotoworld is salty.

Reasons to read Rotoworld.

1(a) they're one of the best sources of news
1(b) the 2 or 3 times a month they get really salty about stuff

Rotoworld does it better than anyone else on the internet. They're limited to a few sentences and the brevity makes it so great.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Lessail posted:

there's a reason we have rodgers-nelson.gif

Well, there's also a legit reason for the doubts. For his first 2 years Jordy floundered on the depth chart, and a lot of people discredited his breakout season (2011) because of the Greg Jennings injury. He's since proven everyone wrong, but everything that could go wrong HAS gone wrong since. He was out for several games in 2012, and in 2013, the first season he actually started all 16 games, he only had Aaron for 8 of them (Y'know, so he ONLY got 1300+ yards and 8 TDs when he had half a season with Rodgers and the other half with three backups).

The good part is that he's only just turned 29 and I see no reason to believe he can't keep it up for a few more years at the very least.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 2, 2014

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

July is the worst month for football but I just moved some poo poo into my new condo so it's a pretty good month for me so far

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
(The following article has been translated from the original language of Korean.)

Korea Times
July Second, 2014

Baffling Teacher Suicide Scars Children.

Today the body of a long time foreign teacher was found by students at a small elementary school outside of Gwangju, Geonggi-do. The teacher, whose name has not yet been disclosed, had taught at the school for two years. Co-workers were dumbfounded by the disturbing event, saying he had seemed perfectly fine when they last saw him. Doctors found the C.O.D. to be a pair of savage injuries to the inner elbows of his right and left arm, severing the brachial artery. The gruesome wounds appear to be caused by the victim's teeth. The only clue seems to be the article he was reading immediately prior to the incident, but Law Enforcement is at a loss to ascribe any meaning to it. The teacher is survived by his parents and long term girlfriend.

Above: An image of the article found on his work computer.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 2, 2014

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

Ugh that's crushing. I don't know what I would do if Khalil Mack got hurt before the season
I remember last year secondary was supposed to be a strength (well, relatively) and then Tyvon Branch got injured and oh god.

I think we actually have some depth at LB since Burris is looking good at the moment and Sio Moore has shown himself to be alright at SOLB but still.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know how much it is Burris looking good, or Moore struggling with the transition to the weakside, but yeah, I'm excited about our LB core for once. Cannot loving wait to see Mack.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Volkerball posted:

I don't know how much it is Burris looking good, or Moore struggling with the transition to the weakside, but yeah, I'm excited about our LB core for once. Cannot loving wait to see Mack.

Wasn't Moore originally a weakside linebacker?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nawid posted:

Wasn't Moore originally a weakside linebacker?

In college, but never played it in the NFL. Went straight to the SAM spot as a rookie.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am so conflicted on Miles Burris

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Let me tell you about Marshawn Lynch helping Pete Carroll win a championship and the kind of severe existential pain that causes me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I hope he pick sixes Rivers and then dances in the end zone with a naked Adam Muema who has gently caress tHe cHaRGeRs stenciled on his chest, and they both scream haha gently caress you ross at the tv, and then al davis pisses on your house.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Let me tell you about Marshawn Lynch helping Pete Carroll win a championship and the kind of severe existential pain that causes me

Same, but just Pete Carroll. And now Deone Buccanon going to the Cards, I hope he's amazing (just not when he's playing us*)

*unless it's him picking off a pass intended for Kearse because that would be lol

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 2, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

I hope he pick sixes Rivers and then dances in the end zone with a naked Adam Muema who has gently caress tHe cHaRGeRs stenciled on his chest, and they both scream haha gently caress you ross at the tv, and then al davis pisses on your house.

Go Aztecs

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

TubeStank posted:

Other than Sean Lee's unsurprising injury have there been any big ones?

The Giants starting MLB broke and tore ligaments in his foot in mini camp a few weeks back. He will probably miss the first 1/4 of the season and be terrible when he comes back.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Eifert Posting posted:

Above: An image of the article found on his work computer.

God. Dammit.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah, Newsome is sort of a double edged sword.

My only real issue with him is that he's allergic to paying WRs and we always end up deficient at the position. With Boldin we had a couple years where we were alright but now we're right back to the same old story without real major star production at the position trying to use "value" players like Steve Smith. When this approach by Newsome works it's great but when it doesn't(and usually at WR it fails) it leaves us in a bad state.

He had a great run with the team. Yeah he only became GM officially in 2002 but supposedly(if this is wrong I'm sorry but this is what I've been yelled at by other Ravens fans here who tell me) he was more or less in charge since the team got here. So from 96 to 2006 he picked Ray Lewis, Jon Ogden, Peter Boulware(HOF talent cut short due to injuries), Chris McAlister(another amazing talent had some great years), Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap, Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata. Also Adalius Thomas who played a great role for the team.

He's picked good players since but I think it's unfair to say he's declined just because he isn't getting star power like every single year like he used to. That's just a great run and probably the peak of his GM career and should just be appreciated for what it was.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Who is Bob Bradkowski, for the children in the audience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really, really bad OC for the Bengals prior to Gruden. Mike Brown is suicidaly loyal to coaches so he stuck around years longer than he should have.

• Locked thread